“good location,clean room”

Sol Y Mar Ivory Suites
Ranked #103 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed September 15, 2011

it was fantastic hotel , clean room ,near little buddha, good value of money

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mohamed s
There are newer reviews for Sol Y Mar Ivory Suites

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Spacious, well decorated and clean suites with excellent hotel services at a price that competes well. Near the airport makes it convenient for me. The employees are all friendly and polite but quietly efficient. Mahmoud and Mohsen - the receptionists - have a brilliant sense of humour. Head chef Amro knows his business well - initially, dinner does not look too cheap for Egypt but I left the restaurant thinking I'd robbed them. The star employee is the manager, Mr Ashraf, - a charming chap who could not be more helpful. He has time for his guests. I must mention the waiters, groundsmen and cleaners - all friendly and polite - all good. I have been made to feel at home at the Sol y Mar - nothing is too much trouble; that's why this hotel is my automatic choice in Hurghada. For service and value, I can't better it EXCEPT that a 'pay for use' internet facility for guests would be very useful in the spacious reception area where there is sufficient space, in my humble opinion.. I'm staying overnight next week and I'm bringing my wife for four days in December so you can see that I rate this place highly. I hope that you enjoy your stay as much as I have mine. I'd be interested to read on these pages what you thought of your stay. Happy holidays!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank VictorFair
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Sol Y Mar is a charming boutique hotel located in a serene neighborhood. The hotel provides excellent facilities and services that might exceed those provided in 5 stars hotels and resorts in extremely affordable rates. The suits are spacious, very clean and nicely furnished. The catering is great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel and I look forward to come back soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank skamal_11
Reviewed August 13, 2011

At first i was not imaging that my stay in ivory suites will be so fantastic as it was.
The suite was too clean, the room service was excellent and the receptionists were too friendly and helpful. The access to the beach is quite far but it worth, it is one of the beautiful beaches. I had adviced the hotel to many of my friends. It will be my next choice agin in Hurghada.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank mittle
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Agree 100% with the comments made by previous posters. We stayed for 12 days. The hotel provided clean spacious accommodation - ideal for people seeking the freedom and space of self catering with the added bonus of the security and comfort of a small hotel. The 2 ring hob in the small, adequately equipped kitchen might limit the menu but the accommodation is serviced every day. The hotel is in a residential area and a short walk to the main touristic promenade. The white mini buses can be caught outside the hotel and the shuttle to the Senzo Mall runs past the hotel on its return journey. We found the staff especially Mahmoud the receptionist very helpful during our stay and we are looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a better outlook
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hermitsview
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here in Dec 2010 and again Jun/July 2011 on both occasions I could not fault the excellent service I received.
The staff were helpful at all times and very friendly..
On both occasions I had a 1 bed apartment, large lounge, kitchen, bathroom.
Free Wi-Fi in reception, bar, restraunt and by pool.
Breakfast and other meals I had were very good.
Would throughly recommend.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed equally good.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel The service was excellent from all the staff. The gentleman at reception spoke excellent English were extremely helpful. The room itself was very spacious and the pictures on this site and others really don't do it justice. We stayed in a superior double room and this included a kitchen, living room area that also included a dining table, a separate bathroom and a reasonably large bedroom. The breakfast wasn't bad either. The best part was the price, we paid £24 per night for what could easily be classed as a five star hotel in some respects.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple