“I loved it, but...”

Ranked #105 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Lisbon, Portugal
“I loved it, but...”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I loved everything the hotel. The staff were super friendly. The food was great. Now a lot of attention to the stores. I bought two watches jewelery in the hotel, which were not material that the seller said and broke in the past one week. NOT BOUGHT ANYTHING IN THE HOTEL. Better to buy in the shops outside the hotel. I WAS STOLEN IN STORE FOR GOLD HOTEL. CAUTION ...
Besides the slides were great and the rooms were good. all 5 stars

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ivo_rute

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Birmingham
Reviewed August 2, 2012

After booking our holiday a year in advance for myself, my partner and our two teenage lads we were really excited on our arrival - but this was short lived because having requested our rooms be next to each other we were in totally separate buildings and i was told by reception that we had to make do because there was no other rooms. We were situated in the main building with a room (lovely spacious room) over looking the front of the hotel and my two teenage lads were across the other side of the pools with a pool view.

The pools and water slides were fantastic and the poolside staff were very friendly and worked hard throughout the day keeping the area clean.

The waiters and bar staff were so friendly and yet so professional - they worked tirelessly 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Sometimes you did have to wait a while to get served if they had ran out of glasses.

My reason for scoring this place so low is mainly due to the fact that i was ill for 5 days out of the 10 that we were there with food poisioning and we clearly saw raw chicken being served in the restaurant after we cut through the middle of it. If your German then you won't complain at breakfast as the hot food every day was sliced german sausage in onion and omlettes with a choice of German sausage filling. Having said that my lads were quite happy with doughnuts and pancakes for breakfast instead. We have stayed in many places from Turkey to Spain to Majorca in lower star hotels and had much better quality of food served

Also just be aware that one of the shops inside the hotel sells perfume - once they have managed to get you inside the shop they try to keep you there until you have bought something, myself and my partner were having none of it and we had to be very abrupt with him to get him to stop harassing us and let us leave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank RLAJJB
Biddulph, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed in this hotel from August 2011. First of all, staff were extremely helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived. Started off with a messed up booking, but all the staff were happy to help us and eventually we sorted the problem. Rooms were spacious with a loverly bathroom. The bed's were comfortable and extremely good Air Con (so good we had to turn it off at times because it was very cold). The balcony was nice with chairs and tables to sit out and have a drink! The poolside was cleaned every night from 6pm onwards. The water park was enjoyable, although not for the faint hearted. (DONT TRY THE RAFTS RIDE) Food was mediocre. If you like spaghetti bolognese, your in for a treat (they do this at every oppurtunity). Aswell as chip butties and a different kind of meat each night. If you go all inclusive, choose the CHOCOLATE DONUTS FOR BREAKFAST, they were the nicest donuts ever!!! Overall, had an excellent time and would go back there! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank LissyL671
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed June 28, 2012

GOOD things:
Nice big clean room with a balcony
Great waterpark. No need to wait for your turn on waterslides.
Lovely large pools.
Plenty of beds in the pool area
Nice sandy beach with plenty of beds.
Food was quite good, although I expected there would be more seafood or fish.
I’ve read many bad reviews about rude Russians. Yes, there were few, but somehow if you are not in a hurry for each meal, you will probably manage to avoid them
Pleasant staff, except few guys on waterslides, probably tired of their work without tips ☺ I know some people like to talk to hotel staff and expect such attention from them, but there are so many of them, that soon we became tired to explain to everyone what are our names, where did we come from over and over again… and wanted to put “do not disturb” on ourselves ☺

NOT SO GOOD things:
There was a problem with our key – for 3 days we were not able to get into our room without help. Finally they changed a lock, but the new key stopped working the last day again. I think they could invest in some card keys or lockers with a code
No wifi
We all tried to avoid raw vegetables, but 2 of us 4 got diarrhea with a fever, which kept each of us in bed for at least one day.
Hotel is not directly on the beach, however there is a shuttle. Very shallow beach which maybe is good for kids snorkeling, but not so good for swimming in the sea.
Choice of drinks could be bigger. Glass of white wine gave a terrible headache so we switched to beer and other drinks. GinTonic was OK, local rum wasn’t very good – Cuba Libre had a strange taste ☺
The only bad thing in waterpark - the stairs to waterslides were very hot and some of us even had burns on our feet. Their architect obviously chose a wrong material, because there was one waterslide where steps were not hot at all. Now they have either change the stairs, create a shadow, paint in lighter color or at least constantly keep them wet.

CONCLUSION:
Overall impression is good and I can recommend this hotel. The price is very reasonable: what you pay is what you get.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Meshkis
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is for the Primasol Titanic not the Titanic Beach or Titanic Palace which are all on the same road.

Loved this hotel, rooms were huge, we had two interconnecting rooms, each one had secure balcony and the front doors had chains so no-one could enter at night even with a key. The rooms were air-conditioned and the balcony doors were thick so no noise nuisance from the main areas if we wanted to turn in early.
The pools were well staffed with life guards and there were no queues for any slides. The water looked clean, all pools were closed for 30 minutes at lunchtime to be cleaned and filters changed.
The resort was misted morning and evening to reduce the mosquito population.
Plenty of sunbeds for everyone.
The beach is very quiet with good size loungers and a nice bar - the water is very shallow though, great for our kids but i did miss a seaside swim.
The food was good, plenty to choose from each day with an egg station and pancake station at breakfast and bbq most nights.
My only complaint would be that the entertainment in the evenings for adults was just football whilst we were there, the mini disco for children was also very repetative.
Would recommend a trip out to Luxor - well worth the journey, and a night at the Marina.
I would definately go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: We had originally booked a family room and a standard but changed when we arrived to two standards a...
4 Thank Jonathan H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Me, my husband and daughter have never been to a 4* hotel, we always choose to pay a little more and go to a 5*one. However, our friends said that there isn't much of a difference so we thought why just not try it.

We were at this hotel for 14nights during Christmas. As always before we booked this hotel we read the reviews and they weren't too good. Every hotel I've been to had negative reviews, but I personally never had to deal with any negativity in a hotel anywhere around the world.
On the arrival we were pleased with what we had received, the receptionist was extremely nice and willing to help. Especially Adaa. Of course with a little tip.
Our trip adviser who booked our trips for us was really lovely too. He met us the next morning of our arrival. We booked trips to Mahmya island, Luxor, safari and also snorkeling. They all are really worth to see and experience.
We were taken to our VIP room and we had the pool view, surprisingly we couldn't hear any noise from the outside. The room was clean and comfortable, had no problem with that.
The lobby bar, the drinks were local as expected. However, one of the barmen were really rude, although, he didn't say anything but if you didn't give him a tip he'd give you a smaller glass and will not smile which I thought was ridiculous since my husband gave him a small tip every day ! We did purchase quite a few of the drinks from the bar which had international drinks, thought the prices were very reasonable.
During one of the evenings me and my daughter did not feel like going for dinner, but my husband did - he went downstairs and asked one of the chefs if he could take dinner upstairs. With a small tip of $2 the chef it self came with dinner to our room.
The food in general was good, had no problem with it, there could have been a little more to choose from but we all found something to eat. The Christmas Eve dinner was really nice, the decorations of the dinning area were stunning and the food in general that evening was delicious.
The entertainment is based on kids. Kids disco goes on for ages and the entertainment after doesn't go on for too long - this irritated us as we had no little kids and during the disco we had nothing to do. In general the hotel is kids orientated and I'm sure others would have no problem with that but this just didn't please us.
The pool is nice and the entertainment during the day is good too, always keeps you smiling and also busy. The slides are good too, even though we didn't use them many times but they really are great fun.
The only thing which irritated us about the pool was that there were too many flies, not just few flies there were many of them. Most of the time we had our lunch at the pool bar - we thought the food was pretty nice. Due to the flies after a few days we went to the beach and spent the rest of the days there. The beach is really nice, quite and not crowded. We loved it there ! The bar there is really lovely too, staff were really nice - probably because of the tips haha.
And not forgetting the fact that most of the reviews say that the Russians are very rude, ignorant etc. What we have noticed is that if you're nice to them they will be nice to you. As I said we have never had problems with anyone and I am very surprised to see some people say that they have to deal with arrogant people from other countries - I am sure they do something for them to become arrogant too. If you're arrogant to someone, they'll be arrogant to you - that's just how it is. If you smile and say hello, you'll be surrounded by happy and lovely people.

In general we had a great time, but there is a difference between a 4* and 5* hotel.
Do not listen to all the negative reviews because they just aren't true, I have experienced it for myself.
Don't hesitate to choose this hotel for your holiday as the price is very reasonable especially for what you get.

Room Tip: Little tip does the job.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
15 Thank ilona V
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Room:
I did a search and booked this property via YouTravel as it was the cheapest. We had a promo room on the ground floor right next to the pool which half seemed like a good idea until we tried to sleep and the disco kept even my tired kids awake and that was with doors shut and air con on drowning out the noise. I had requested an upper floor as well to ensure minimum noise above us and make sure my 4 yr old couldn’t run off at any time and go in the pool unsupervised. So taking that and the noise into consideration I requested a room change and paid an extra £3 a night to go to a much better room. We moved to 3070 which was above the lobby but the noise from the clanking coffee cups and the lobby chatter late at night were easily drowned out by the air con plus we had a much bigger room with a sea view so def worth the extra £3 a night. That was room 3070.
If I stayed here again I would ask for a similar room but away from the lobby area (there was an external door right outside our room on the hall that led to further rooms which would have been shielded from the lobby noise so perfect probably). As I have a younger child we were in bed by 9pm so those not needing earlier nights would be ok in 3070.
The hotel itself was kept soooo clean…..I’ve never seen so many workers cleaning. They washed down the pool areas every night, cleaned all the pools every day, they polished the brass…they cleaned! But there were some areas that looked a little tired and could have done with a brush up ie the rooms mainly which needed a lick of paint or a new rug or carpet and some re-grouting around the shower but these were minor niggles.

Pools:
Now for the best bit…the pools! They were fab. I didn’t see the 10 yr old for 2 weeks. She made a friend and was gone. I knew she’d be safe as every pool/slide etc had an attendant keeping an eye for anybody in trouble or any mis-behaving. There was a great selection of pools..my 4 yr old was catered for with a kids pool waist high for him which had slides, buckets spilling water, fountain type things, pipes with water coming out and all sorts. I could happily leave him in there and sit on my lounger watching him entertain himself. Something they had which has been lacking in every hotel I’ve ever been to was a covered baby pool…it was quite big but very shallow (maybe 50cm deep) but had a huge canvas circular sail on it so it kept the hot sun off the little ones…well done for thinking of that. I was also happy with 2 huge “normal” pools with nice shallow inclines in and a wave pool that my son also loved (the waves came on for 20 mins every hour). I also enjoyed all the slides..vene the really scary ones BUT I would urge you to buy aqua shoes as the terracotta steps up to the high slides get really hot and you can burn your feet. Sports Direct on the high street sell them at the mo for under £5 for adults so a good investment, plus they also do kids ones. There was never a queue for any slides and we never had to wait for rings, boats etc. They checked the water daily and I was impressed with their cleanliness regarding the pools.
The hotel itself wasn’t busy during the day with plenty of room for loungers and there were wicker wind breaks (it did get breezy but it kept you cool so welcome), and plenty of mattresses for the sunbed…we never couldn’t find a good lace to site and there was always plenty of empty space (and that was with 800 guests).

Kids club:
very German/Russian so my son only managed 2 sessions as he was the only English child. The girls spoke English fine but he got a bit lonely.

The beach:
Lovely. Lots of wooden sunbeds with mattresses provided and palm leaf umbrellas and wind breaks….plenty of them so always a space. Get the shuttle as it’s hot work walking the short distance and not a very nice walk. It runs every 15 mins and takes 5 mins…it’s an open air affair. There’s a bar at the beach which does lunch (always burgers, hot dogs, chips, salad and 2 hot choices) plus drinks (hot and cold inc beer). The sand is gritty and it does get breezy. The sea is warm-ish and very shallow…you need to walk very far to be able to swim. There is a reef so take your crocs or those aqua shoes again to avoid cuts etc. When the tide’s out lagoons appear inside the reef which get nice and warm and great for a paddle.

The food:
hmmm..tough one. It was alright (best I can give it). My kids lived off pasta for 2 weeks with pancakes for breakfast and bread for lunch. I was ok regarding choice but very aware of not eating unpeeled salads etc to avoid tummy bugs BUT we all got upset tummies which could have been for numerous reasons ie heat, a stray ice cube etc. I saw them check food temperature all the time but it could have been the drinks machine which is coke etc from a dispenser so who knows what sort of water they’re using with that or something from the pool or something we brought with us form the UK…who knows. I was happy to stop eating buffet food after 11 days of it.

All inc was quite disappointing….alcohol was only wine (red and white), lager and then whisky, brandy, vodka, dark rum or Oozo and that was it. No cocktails (£4 each in the lobby), the fruit juice seemed watered down – can’t tell if it was squash or juice, the soft drinks were machine (coke, diet coke, fanta, apple fanta, sprite, soda), tea/coffee and unlimited bottles of water and the ice cream was a bit flavourless but welcome as it was cold. The daily biscuit selection was good though and handy for a snack during the day if stolen at breakfast!

The area:
we wondered out a few times to the local shops down the road (turn right out of hotel and it’s 2 mins down the strip)…be prepared to be hassled but not too much. There is a fixed price bazaar at the end of the line of shops so go there if you don’t want to haggle or use it to find out a reasonable price for an item and then haggle with the other shops you pass before reaching it. That’s all we did regarding the local area.

Trips: We booked a jeep safari with the chap at the hotel…I wanted only a 3 hours max trip knowing the 4 yr old would wilt in the heat and so we arranged that for the 3 of us for £22…a bargain. For that we had a camel, horse, donkey and horse and trap ride, went on about a 20mins desert safari (ie a very bumpy ride on the sand/rocks at speed) to a Bedouin camp, met the Beduoin, watched them make bread, looked around their village and came back again. Def worth the experience.

We went snorkelling for a short 3 hour trip, again booked with the dive guys in the hotel…that was about £20 for 3 so good value as it included snorkel gear too. We walked through the opposite hotel to get to the sea (hot and difficult with 4 yr old and a big bag of towels), got fitted with flippers, mask etc, caught the glass bottomed boat, did some slow motoring over the coral looking trough the glass, then went at speed to an island and snorkelled. It was great. Even my 4 yr old gave it a go. They provided life jackets. After an hour I’d had enough as had the other handful of passengers so we went back to Hurghada.

I also had a massage. It was a bit odd as the rooms werre open with waist high walls dividing them so you could hear next doors massage and the massage girls talk to each other whilst doing yours. I paid £35 for a 45 mins session so not cheap by Egypt prices.

We then left Titanic and flew up to Cairo (£60 each) with Egypt Air (booked through their website) to do the Museum, pyramids etc and stayed one night there and flew home to Heathrow the following day with Egypt Air again which included food, in seat TV with films & games, drinks and a 20KG per person luggage allowances …nice change from Easy Jet going out (separate review for that)

All round: A good holiday. I would stay at Titanic again.

Room Tip: Promo Pool Rooms nice view but you will hear the disco til about midnight. We moved to 3070 which wa...
5 Thank GlobeTrotter_n_Kid