“Almost everything was wrong!”
Review of Elysees

Elysees
Ranked #145 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Everything was just an improvisation. Food wasn't that bad, but almost without meat. Good for diet, everyday the same. Staff is inefficient, they smile but never resolving anything. We only liked two guys from the bar. Rooms are mostly dirty, the room view is awful. The beach is dirty and overcrowded. All inclusive was "all abusive" without bottled water, with bad quality drinks. The only good thing was the sea and the new part of the city Hurghada. And we didn't get sick. The airport is inhuman, as well. I asked for a bottled water for the kid and they charged me 7 euros (small bottle).

Room Tip: Choose some other hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Viennina

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Great Hotel for the Money! Friendly staff, Clean Hotel, Nice Rooms, TV, Fridge (although a bit small), Safe. The shower was good and the rooms where cleaned every day. The beach is across the road, but I didn't find this a problem. There where plenty of facilitys on the Beach.

If I was to complain, it would be that it was full of Russians. These people must be the Rudest and loudest People on the planet. They walk right in front of you, they don't say thank you, they don't say please. I was lying on the beach and a load of them pitched a Volleyball net right beside my sun lounnger without asking me if I mind. I ended up having to move. Another Russian banged on my hotel room door at 8am and started grunting waving a Cigarette about. We realised he wanted a lite, so my partner gave him a lite and he never said thank you and walked off!!!

It's true that you do get hastled by Egyptians to buy stuff, but you just tell them firmly, but politely, No thank you and walk on!

The Hotel advertised WIFI, but I was all over the Hotel and cound not connect to any, the only WIFi was on the Beach!

The Hotel had a 1 towel per person, per day policy at the beach. If you got a towel from them in the morning and you wanted to leave the beach in the afternoon and come back later, then you had to check that towel in and you would get the same towel back, I was a bit miffed at that.

Overall it's a great Hotel if you are looking for a cheap holiday!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank GND4EVER
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Wow, I didn't believe it could get sooo bad. The first tip was when the taxi driver said to me "are you sure you want to stay there?" I should have listened but I had pre-paid for 6 nights. There was no hot water or AC, the television did not work and neither did the internet (which was promised). I lasted 2 nights and then switched hotels even though I had pre-paid.The food quality during my all inclusive stay was below average compared to other hotels ...Please don't go there unless you are looking for a real cheap hotel and nothing else!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Tom W
Reviewed February 6, 2012

For the price I paid I thought this was good value, clean with a good position between esplande and downtown. after staying here for 28 days the food could be better, a bit cold most of the time. But at £13 per night for half board why moan!!
Has its own beach across the road.

Room Tip: good supermaket next door for water etc, Guy is crazy, nice
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank mustafaLeeds
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was expecting more for my first time in Egypt, the hotel quality vs price vs privacy. U can rest everyone is trying to sell u something all the time. I came here for the view and to get some rest ( holidays ) but u can, because everyone is trying to sell u something att all time. Even in the hotel.but the overall very good experience.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank octavio205
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was there with my girlfriend, okt.25-nov.5 2011.and it was very nice. Even better that we expect.... The location of the hotel is probably the best in Hurgada(also near by hotel Mariot 5*), because is between the old and new part of town. Belive me, that is very important. Rooms are clean, bed is big enough for 2 adult people :-) with central air condition, 2 swimming pool..... We have no problem with hot water, food is what we expect,but only sugestion is- it could be more fish food & fruit, hey we're on Egipt, on red sea... For the touris who want to by or drink some alcohol, you can only buy on the end of the new part-Memsa, in "duty free", but only with your passport...and 15 metters from that store is the best salesman in Egipt, Ali.......big hello for him..... And one warning- Egipt is the only country in the world who have a papir money for 50 cents ( half of euro, dolar, pound......) and beware when you buying something, expecially on the street.. Hotel beach is very nice, with excellent spa center(Horus), where you can really enjoy, the sea is beatifull, staff on the beach is allways smile and ready to help you.... There you can find a local guide-Mohamed, who can take you to some fantastic trip to safari, diving,snorkling,,,,etc....on the end, hope to see you again-Egipt,Hurghada,Elysses.......:-))))))

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Radosav D
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I was there 4 times and this is the first time i feel there is some thing changed, the staff smile, the service better, the room cleaner there is always some one listen.
I like to be there

Room Tip: pool view room, main building
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple