Tripadvisor
Hurghada
2,500 results
All reviews animation team hour bar hotel rep aqua park beach bar fire show great holiday quad biking kite surfing fish main restaurant cleaned every day every evening second home cleaned daily family holiday italian restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just coming to the end of a great 2 weeks spent here. I chose this hotel as I've been to Hurghada 3 times and this hotel was the other side to where I've stayed before, towards El Gouna.
No, there isn't much around, just a few shops, but you find this with a lot of hotels in Hurghada-they are spread out, unless maybe you stay in the Centre ect, but then for me this is OK for a day or two, but not for my whole holiday.
I really like this hotel and actually ended up staying in 3 different rooms, so I had a right experience of the whole place.
Firstly I stayed in a basic standard room, which was dated but absolutely fine. I always had that one of the main and unique features of this hotel being the Bungalow Rooms. On day 3 of my holiday I was offered a Bungalow Room at half price and I jumped at the chance to take it. Absolutely loved it. Yes, it's dated, but the uniqueness makes up for that. I love the location of the Bungalow Rooms, over the water, and the walk down to them is lovely.
A week or so later, I received a note in my door to go to reception. I was told that as there was work now going on near the Bungalows and there was a bit of noise-nothing that bothered me-and that they'd like to offer me a Royal Deluxe Room. I had a look, and when a swim up pool room became available the following day, I again, jumped at the chance to experience this type of room. This was a lovely way to spend the last few days of my holiday. It's all very private for sunbathing-no mithering-and the rooms are newly renovated. They're quite big, especially for one person and modern-they're not posh, but very nice indeed. You get little perks to these rooms, like a fully replenished fridge full of soft drinks, Internet, dressing gowns-all little bits to give you a better experience-oh, and the Premier League being on the telly was an absolute bonus .
It seems that there is a gradual refurbishment, with several repeat customers saying that the aim is to turn the hotel into a 5 Star resort. It's definitely not there yet, but I can see that this could be achievable here. All I know is I paid an excellent price for this hotel, not expecting too much, and I'm reeping the benefits of it gradually improving.
The hotel is very lady back, and although not massive, big enough with different areas from the pools, the beach-which has several different areas. The main building comprising of the Reception, Lounge Area, The 24/7 Irish Bar, The Main Restaurant, a Mangolian & Italian Restaurant and another restaurant where you pay. There's also a couple of beach/pool bars, spa, hairdresser's, gym, snack area. There's also Ice cream available and crepes at different times. Lots of areas really, that flow really well from the entrance right through to the beach.
I have to say the food here is pretty good. I've been to a lot of basic all inclusive resorts/hotels and this one was quite impressive. No, you're not getting 5 star service, being waited upon, but there was a very good variety of food-I don't think I had the same meal twice in over 2 weeks, apart from breakfast. The variety is surprisingly impressive. The only thing I didn't like about the main restaurant was the cafe smell it left on your clothes, nothing major though. Then there was the alternative of using the Mangolian and Italian restaurant for a change, the payable restaurant, or you always have the option to eat out in Hurghada/El Gouna/The Marina ect. I only managed to try the Mangolian Restaurant as the Italian wasn't available on the days I wanted. From what I've heard the Italian is lovely and waiter service with 5 courses. Sounded lovely, but I can't comment on it. I reluctant tried the Mangolian Restaurant at the end of my holiday and was so glad I did. It was self service, but the food you choose is cooked freshly for you there and then and was really good, so I'm glad I went.
The beach snack bar I must say is poor, but I'm not going to judge the hotel on this. Just needs improvement-very basic and lacks choice.
The drinks are a mixed review. I'm not a big drinker, but I do enjoy a couple on some evenings. I can't comment on the beer as I don't drink it. I have to say that the wine is the worst I've ever tasted in an all inclusive resort. I normally settle on either a red, white or rose-i'm not too fussy-but I have to say that the wine was very poor. On the plus, the Cocktails were very good. I had the Pinacolada and Corkscrew and both were fantastic, if not a little too strong at times.
There was entertainment on during the day and in the evenings. This is the end January/beginning of February so not everything went ahead due to low numbers, but there was enough going on if you wanted to join in. There was definitely no pool activities as the pool is freezing. There was another slightly heated pool, but too small for activities. I can only presume this the pool would be alive in the busier and hotter months. Also, it was quite misleadingly to say this was an Aqua Park. There was literally 2 small sides. Not a problem for myself, but I can imagine families coming here being disappointed with no Aqua Park. The evening entertainment went on in The Irish Bar, and though I only popped in to have a look sometimes, the other tourists seemed to enjoy it. I think the evening entertainment is outside in the warmer months, as it's chilly here in the evenings at the moment.
The Animation Team seem good, though I tend to only join in a few things and not get involved too much. A group I got to know, who have been here before, said the Animation Team was not as good as it used to be, though I really can't comment on this.
The beach area I really liked. No, it's not paradise, but really good with lots of different areas to lie down. It can get quite windy here-which is awesome for the Kite Surfers. There was a lot of Kite Surfing going on due to the Bay the beach is in and I'm presuming a cheaper alternative to The Kite Surfing in El Gouna.
I only went into the sea once, as it wasn't warm enough really, so I cannot comment on any snorkeling, how safe it is for children ect. I normally enjoy the sea and a bit of snorkeling, but just wasn't quite warm enough for me.
For those into sports, they'll have a good time. Like I said, there's a Kite Surfing Schools which was always busy, a Watersports and Diving Centre, Beach Volleyball and a small grass football pitch. Lots to keep you burning all those calories from the constant food and drink. There's also a gym, though again I can't comment on this as I've never used it. I think that you pay a one off payment for full usage during your stay, €10 or summat.
The staff here were really good. I tend not to engage too much with them as you'll always get a few who won't leave you alone/want to engage in conversation everytime you pass them.
The cleaners were very good-room cleaned daily. The bar/restaurant staff all good. Some better than others, but they do very long hours here. The pool guy was brilliant. Not pervy-always a bonus-friendly, yet left you alone. I was very impressed with the guys at reception. There are several of them and they were all very professionally, friendly-not too friendly-welcoming and did what they could to accommodate you. Very impressed indeed.
Overall, a great hotel and a great holiday. Will I be back? Probably not, as I like going to different areas and also I'm off to Sharm el Sheikh next year. It's hard to say if I'd recommend this hotel, as people have different expectations, standards, wants and needs. I definitely wouldn't say don't go.
There are a lot of repeat customers who come here, most of whom are lovely. However, don't be drawn into their negativity about the place. The hotel has new management and things are changing-only for the better from what I can see and experienced. Some people just don't like change. Also, a lot of the regulars have been used to getting freebies here and there, to a point that they now expect it, instead of appreciating it. This has got some of their backs up with some of them saying they won't be back. Like I say, don't get drawn into their negativity and enjoy your own holiday and experience of this lovely hotel.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Christine W
sameeh R, Manager at Panorama Bungalows Aqua Park Hurghada, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Christine W,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience via TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear through your detailed review that you found our service excellent and that you enjoyed the Hotel facilities, The entire team was pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your holiday with us. Thank you for acknowledging our team members. Your feedback is highly appreciated and extremely important to us and we will be delighted to communicate it to the entire team.
Thank you also for your constructive feedback about some points which are taken with the utmost interest in order to constantly improve our services.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon during your next visit to Egypt.

Best Regards
Mena Morris
Asstistant FOM

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came to Hurghada with my friends. Take a shower on the sea, eat the best food, thanks for cooking chefs. Cocktail was good, but taste not delicious. Beach clean, piers reconstructed and look amazing! Thanks animation team for anniversary and entertainment at the evening!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Best animation team in Hurghada ;) average rooms, food 7 of 10 , what else.......lovely weather as for winter, bar 24/7 alcohol so so, great place to start your diving or kite surfing adventure, a lot of kisses for Julia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is the good time in the hotel at evinig shows every night was the different games what you can enjoy. Food was good in the restaurant all people is help full and friendly. Rooms was nice and clean.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Second visit to this hotel.
Food is very good, alway can find something to eat
Staff are very friendly and always helpful.
Room is a good size, has a shower and a bath, and has a sea view. The room is cleaned daily and is alway a good job.
It has three bar one by the main pool, beach bar, and the main bar which is 24 hour. They have a good selection of drinks.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Martyn L
sameeh R, Manager at Panorama Bungalows Aqua Park Hurghada, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear, Martyn L,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for providing us with your feedback.

It was a great pleasure to read through your comments and to hear that you had a nice stay with us while enjoying Our Hotel Facilities,

Thank you once again for staying with us and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon on your next trip to Hurghada.

Best Regads