“Should have been my first choice!”

Emperor Divers Hurghada - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The resort is located in the heart of the breathtaking Makadi Bay area, a superb and fashionable destination in Egypt nowadays, on the Hurghada – Safaga Road only 25km away from Hurghada International Airport. The resort faces 550 meters of pearly beach, blending with the blue crystal-clear water, the virgin corals and the stunning Red Sea Mountains.This is a great location with easy access to many local dive sites within a short boat trip. A variety of special trips such as Overnight Thistlegorm, Abu Nuhas, the Rosalie Moller and the Salem Express are offered and can be booked in resort. Take a Try Dive, learn to dive or take your diving further with our friendly, experienced team of multi-national guides, all insured to European standards. For over 20 years, Emperor Divers has provided first-rate dive holidays in the Red Sea as well as Technical diving with our partner company Tekstreme. Non-divers are also welcome on our boats to enjoy a leisurely day sunbathing or join one of our snorkel trips with the chance of snorkelling with dolphins in their natural environment.Emperor also has dive centres in El Gouna, Marsa Alam and Sharm El Sheikh.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Unfortunately, I tried a one day dive package at my hotel resort with another company and was left very disappointed and wasted a day! so a quick review of Trip Advisor, a chat with our Thomson rep and a dive package was booked with Emperor Divers.

The next morning I was collected exactly at the time stated from my hotel in Magawish and driven to the dive center in Hurghada in a clean, air-conditioned minibus. I was greeted as if the staff all knew me and after completing all the mandatory paperwork directed onto their newly refurbished boat 'Orchid'. Ehab was the guide for the day and he gave an informative briefing of all the boat facilities including first aid, oxygen, etc. Excellent dive briefings were held for both of the days dives and a real emphasis was placed on safety and buddy checks. The dives were fantastic and Ehab made them relaxed and interesting.

I was so pleased, I booked a further 5 days and arranged for my daughter to take her Junior Advanced Open Water course as well as some daily dives.

Hannah was my daughter's instructor for the course, I have to say a huge thank you to Hannah as my daughter thoroughly enjoyed the course and told me that she felt comfortable at all times and didn't feel any pressure. Each of the five dives required for the JAOW included some 'sightseeing' time which made it even more rewarding.

Amongst all the normal aquatic life we saw dolphins twice, turtles, octopus and an eagle ray (just).

I could not fault the friendliness and helpfulness of the captain and his crew. The lunches provided were excellent and I liked the fact that you could choose on a daily basis whether to have lunch and drinks, just drinks or nothing. The dive center facilities were excellent and the kit that I hired for my daughter was clean and in good condition.

I would agree with a few of the reviews that Emperor Divers are not the cheapest BUT the difference really is just a few pounds and for what I got out of it was really good value for money!

All reviews
"board"
in 6 reviews
"safari"

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Emperor Divers is a great company and is located in a great place. No matter wether you're snorkelling or diving you're sure to have a great time. Your main leader on the boat is friendly and helpful, if you're snorkelling you are in a big group, if you're diving you could be individual or in a group. The dive buddies are superb and so is the chef. Everyone is very helpful and knowledgable on the boat. Again, great location and loads to see. Nothing bad at all! 5 stars from me!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went on a day trip on the 'Fadel'. The boat was in very good condition and there was plenty of room to relax.

Our guide Olwyn was very knowledgeable so we stuck with her for the dives - saw a lot of marine life including a few moray eels, rays and an octopus!

All the guides and crew had a very good level of spoken English (most seemed to be expats) and everyone was very friendly and helpful.

The lunch provided (additional fee) was a buffet and there was a good variety and quantity of food.

I've noticed a few people have mentioned the cost - it's not the cheapest diving I've done, and it's worth adding up the costs of additional items (i.e. lunch, kit hire, additional cost for 3rd dive) but I would much rather pay a little bit more for a quality day than go for the budget option, especially with the risks associated with diving.

I would definitely use Emperor Divers again, and would recommend them to anyone travelling to Egypt wanting to dive.

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Emperor are superb. My only down point was a dive against a very strong current. I would suggest to do the dive some extra fins are carried that are a little stiffer than those often used in the U K as these don't cut it.
He Staff were very helpful and knowledgable on the boat and ashore. Good lunches excellent service. Looking forward to using hem again in the near future.
Nigel.