Just back after spending 4 nights with my family (15/9-19/9/13) . It was planned to be 3 and i added one more night as i loved the place.
I had a good rate that was very competitive if compared to similar 5 stars hotels.
The hotel has a huge landscape which i loved a lot .
The lobby was just fine . The pools are huge with clear water and a smart idea of having a small shallow strip around it for babies .
On your way to the beach you pass through the bungalows area with the huge lake , trees and palms that gives you the impression of the country side .
The beach is perfect with volley beach and small football court and an amazing jetty .
I guess the room needs more decoration to be a 5 stars one yet it was VERY clean and fully equipped even with water boiler , tea , Nescafe , .... . My picky wife was just happy and , for me , it was an added value :)
The food was just the main weak point there . Though i found it tasty and adequate in quantity as i was on an All-Inclusive system , the repetition of food with no alternatives was so boring . Definitely , it is not a 5 stars buffet BUT i overcame this problem by booking in two of the four a la cart restaurants they have so it was a kind of change. I do recommend the oriental and the Italian restaurants . Didn't try the other two (Chinese , Russian)
Didn't face any problems with water . They put two (1.5 Liters) bottles every day for a double room to use during your staying at your room and you find water everywhere for free while you are outside . I guess it is fair enough and very adequate .
After all , I spent a very good holiday with my family there and I do recommend this place especially if you gonna have a competitive rate and sure i will be there again if i have the chance .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, stretching across the sands of the Red Sea with a distinguished blend of modern and Pharaonic architecture. The resort's 360 unique guest rooms, family rooms, suites and bungalows each feature a private balcony or patio. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, one outdoor pool, one indoor heated pool and one children's swimming pool for relaxing laps in the sun. There are several options for dining and entertaining at the resort's bars and restaurants as well as various choices of sports activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada Hotel Hurghada
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Hurghada
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Hotel Hurghada
- Sonesta Hurghada
- Hurghada Sonesta