I absolutely loved The Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort. The welcome was great,the room was perfect ,the staff ,especially Ahmed,the towel guy, and ALL the restaurant staff were perfect. Our room was spotless and cleaned everyday with fresh towels,tea and coffee and a bottle of water. 80 degrees plus, The pool was clean and sunbeds always available. We were served drinks that were brought to our sunbeds ,and regularly . We got to eat in two of the specialist restaurants the Sea Breeze ,delicious,and The Italian ,wonderful. Daniel in the Hotel shop was so friendly and helpful . The beverage and Food manager always found the time to talk to us . What a great holiday. But hold on a minute, we were the only English people staying in the hotel ,everyone else was Russian. apparently it was their holiday season, I wish we had known . They were rude,greedy,incapable of saying excuse me or thank you, or sorry. they barged in for the food,obviously not understanding that queueing is the norm. They took HUGE amounts of food ,tipping it into large bags,and this included RICE and SLICED CUCUMBER! enough Bananas to satisfy the monkeys in Gibraltar ! When stopped by the staff they pointed to their all inclusive bracelets and argued ! They didnt follow the dress code and wore swimwear in the dining room,not a pretty sight if the person wearing it happens to be on the large side! My husband and I felt sorry for the staff, who were only doing their job. Quite a few of the staff apologised to us about the behavior of the Russian Guests . It made the Germans and the Towels drift into insignificance. We decided not to get upset about it all and treat it as "the cabaret". we played guessing games as to where they all went between meals,they wern't on the beach,they wern't by the pool, general opinion was they were in their rooms eating what they had take in bags from the restaurants.
Dont get me wrong about my rant, I found it all very amusing,they only annoyed me slightly and I am just warning people of a different temprement who might get very angry.
Please go to The Sonesta ,Im sure its not the only resort that has these problems, You will love it ,you will love the Hotel and the staff and you will laugh at the antics of the Russian people,lots of stories to come home and tell friends and family . Would I go again ? probably but definately NOT in November .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, stretching across the sands of the Red Sea with a distinguished blend of modern and Pharaonic architecture. The resort's 360 unique guest rooms, family rooms, suites and bungalows each feature a private balcony or patio. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, one outdoor pool, one indoor heated pool and one children's swimming pool for relaxing laps in the sun. There are several options for dining and entertaining at the resort's bars and restaurants as well as various choices of sports activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada Hotel Hurghada
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Hurghada
- Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Hotel Hurghada
- Sonesta Hurghada
- Hurghada Sonesta