“Best holiday ever had”

Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We have just had a marvellous 14 days holiday in El Gouna, Egypt. The place itself is a fabulous paradise out of the world. My husband and I stayed at Panorama Bungalows Resort. We were there from 27 July - 10 August, 2010.
The hotel was a very good choice. It is a peaceful resort, not too big, quiet and familiar. Our room was in the 4th building, very clean and spacious, in a good condition.
The food at the hotel was delicious and enough, there was a wide variety, something new every day. We had perfect service. The staff were superior, friendly and always willing to help. We cannot speak highly enough of them. Best wishes for them, especially Ali - the best waiter in the world.
Zeytona Beach is a great place to relax. We used to go there every day by the hotel's shuttle boat. The pool area was nice enough, always tidied. To go to Downtown is a nice walk, you can find many shops, restaurants and cafes. Don't miss to try tuk-tuk - it is a great fun.
We would recommend a holiday here at the resort and the hotel. We are planning to go back again. It was the best holiday we have ever had.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank tothke

Reviewed May 28, 2010

we stayed here in the easter holiday and even though it was busy there was always sunbeds available,you really must pay the small extra charge and stay in a beach bungalow,they are very private like little detached cottages.you have steps down into the water so u can swim or paddle straight from your verander,they also have lovely padded sunbeds,you also get a full bathroom bath with power shower& granite surfaces. but make sure you book a beach not water bungalow.
this hotel was mainly russian(the staff dislike the them) there was only 4english and that was including us 2!!!
the staff love the english & cant do enough for you we got waited on hand & foot & got the best of everything(without tipping),food wasnt bad at all, highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sharpyEngland
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Perhaps the guys read your reviews, folk - in which you complained about bad food.

During my stay in late January - early February 2010 - food was in a range from fair to excellent.

Room service was really good, it deserved it's tips.

The waiters were the most polite I've ever seen (even compared to Maldives and Tunisia) - and previously I thought that egyptian staff are really bullies.

The beach is really bad, its true. But swimming from a jetty compensates for this.

I Will come here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ya997
Reviewed October 13, 2009

....to find a place aching to paradise. After 5 years running staying in Cairo in fantastic 5-star hotel we really didn't cherish the idea of something new...but friends said we should go to El Gouna...and we did...and were not dissappointed!

The whole experience from booking in to departing was brilliant. We had two bungalows by the lagoon. It was marvellous to get in the water straight from the terrace. The rooms were good and clean and service-we could not fault it.

We had great choices...pool...lagoon and sea...to swim at...we love being in water...youngsters in the family spent enjoyable time snorkelling somewhere. It was fun to go to downtown by tuktuk...

All the staff were friendly and efficient. They made us feel like we were their most valued quests!

Can't wait to return there next year...and tell everyone to experience Panorama Bungalows and El Gouna themselves! A hugevthank you to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunnyspace
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Just returned from 2weeks stay at Panorama Bungalows. My wife and I realy enjoyed our stay.The staff were excellent could not do enough for you. It was a pleasure to tip them. A light switch went faulty in our room and it was repaired within 30 mins.Food was good (no upset tummy) .Pool guys realy looked after us seeing we were the only English people there.The only downside of the holiday were the eastern europeans who had no manners what so ever.If you stay here go and see Michael in his shop no hassle to buy,a very nice man.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2009

It’s not European 4 stars hotel but not bad at all. And El Gouna is the only nice place in Egypt for rest. Food was ok but a bit specific Egypt cooking. So don’t eat everything at first day to get used to it. It’s not very clean but it’s almost everywhere in Egypt.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Given2fly28
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I hated Egypt as a whole. I went with my best friend, who is also a girl (20 and 22yrs of age) - and we had nothing but hassle. We booked as an all inclusive tour deal with Thomson and ended up writing in to complain several times with the only feed back being that I wasn't cultured enough to understand the difference between Egyptian men following me with cameras taping me at the El Gouna resort, and that that's just the way they are.

More importantly the hotel was horrendous - the craftsmen ship done in the rooms was rubbish, and our bathroom backed on to a window facing inwards that wouldnt close - turned out it was the cleaning cupboard behind it - so anyone could have come through into our room.

As soon as we got there we tried to leave and get back home - I am fairly well travelled, and I have stayed in a variety of places from Vietnam to New York to Slovakia, I understand cultural differences and stanstards - Egypt lacks them.

The food was appalling, and we would strategically find seats out of the luring eyes of the waiters, even getting your plates off them was a game of tug because they liked the female attention and it was unsettling. Free drinks was a scam, they only had about 4 bottles of liquor and everytime we asked for vodka we got given gin, and even that tasted old and out of date. As for the surrounding area, the pool was a no go as the beauty assistants would constantly come over and hassle you to buy. One touched up my leg, told me I needed their threading, and when I said no he told me to write down how much money I make, I obviously said no way, and he told me he makes not even enough to feed his children. We were appalled - so we headed on the small boat that takes you to a near by beach on the El Gouna vicinity. Rubbish - everywhere, it was really disgusting. Seeing a stingray in the water was the highlight of a completely otherwise horrific experiance that I wish to forget. Don't go on any organised tours as the problems we had surrounding those brought me to tears.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
#7 of 18 in El Gouna
Hotel Sultan Bey Resort
Hotel Sultan Bey Resort
#4 of 18 in El Gouna

Been to Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!