“We are booking to come back”

Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
york
“We are booking to come back”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I can only agree with all the 5 star reviews. FANTASTIC! So much quality; food; rooms, pools, restaurants, facilities and the staff were all exceptional. This was the best summer holiday we have had. El Gouna was just right for us. Tuc Tucs, shuttle bus and boats, diving and swimming, friendly shop keepers and lots of sun. Can see now why people come back time after time. We are currently making plans to come back next year. Thanks to all at the Movenpick.

3 Thank BBOTYork
Linda O, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear BBOTYork,

thank you very much for staying with us and your very nice comment here at Tripadvisor.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return soon.

Linda Osman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Returned for my second visit to this amazing resort with a group of diving friends. Once again, the welcome and the service were second to none! All the staff are so warm and friendly and will do anything to help. Good clean rooms with excellent Red Sea and lagoon views, and we were housed in block 7 upon request to be near to Emperor dive centre. All the pools are amazing, clean and welcoming!

The shame is that so few people are going to Egypt at the moment because of the western media highlighting the "troubles". In my 8 visits to Egypt, I have never felt uncomfortable, unsafe or seen any hint of trouble. The Red Sea resorts, especially el Gouna are far away from any demonstrations and are as safe as, if not safer than most resorts in Europe. The locals are even more welcoming than usual and I would have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful resort for a first class luxurious holiday.

Can't wait for my next diving trip to el Gouna!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Irons72
Linda O, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Irons72,

we were glad to welcome you at our resort and looking forward as well to your next visit.
Thank you very much for the nice comment, especially in highlighting the actual situation here in El Gouna and at the Moevenpick.
We hope you had a safe trip back and looking forward to see you again.

london
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I went to this resort for the first time last year (2012) and loved it! The staff will bend over backwards for you and all your needs are catered for. Even with all the upset in Egypt at the moment this resort is safe and perfect for your holiday. Every one there were returning guest because they live it so much! It is understandable if you have never been there before to be worried with what is going on but I can assure you it is safe I will be going back in November 2013.
Wether you are a couple or have children there is everything there to cater for you.
We visited the local area as we did last year, the marina and downtown. Both Places were safe and enjoyable, it was sad that there were not many tourists there and shops are shut because there is no business, i just hope that such a beautiful place can go the distance and get through the hard times that they have.
If you want somewhere quiet to go this is it at present there are not many countries flying there!!! I just hope that people continue to go to such a beautiful place before it it effects its economy.
All I can say is its an amazing relaxing beautiful resort and you must go!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to delux overlooking the lagoon- amazing!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank louisa c
Linda O, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Louisa,

we were glad to welcome you in our resort and looking forward to your stay with us in November.
Thank you as well for taking the time in writing the comment here, especially focusing on the real safe situation here in El Gouna and the Red Sea.
Hopefully all our regular guest and of course new guests will return soon.
We are going to welcome all with the same warm and friendly smile.
Sunny greetings and see you very soon which we are looking forward to!

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from the Movenpick El Gouna, our 14th stay here. First of all I would like to say to anyone who might be concerned about recent events in Egypt, El Gouna is a closed community. It is many miles away from trouble spots. As usual we were greeted at the Movenpick like old friends by administrative, waiting and pool staff all of which were genuinely please to see us again. This coupled with what is undoubtedly the best hotel location in El Gouna makes us return time after time. There maybe other hotels with better rooms but the rooms at the Movenpick are still of a very good standard a 4 star would be more than fair.

I would also like to recommend the Spar for a massage. My wife and I had three on this trip, they are just out of this world. All the restaurants were open in El Gouna each offering excellent food and value for money.

We will be booking for a return visit in the near future.

2 Thank Barry A
Dear Barry,

thank you very much for coming back again, we are missing you already and looking for your 15th visit very soon.
Thank you as well for the nice comment and the compliments to our staff and the Spa. They will be always happy to welcome you at your "second home"
Sunny greetings and see you soon

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I enjoyed the offer i stayed there for three nights and got the fourth for free. the staff was very professional, pleasant and helpful. The hotel rooms are well furnished and nice view on the pool or sea.

The open buffet has a wide variety of food in breakfast & dinner. The hotels has everyday night shows for kids & adults.

we enjoyed the kite surfing & the animation team was available till midnight. The transportation is very easy to get in to the marina. you just call the reception to get you a TOK TOK for 70 cents / person.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mohamed E
Linda O, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear MBillo,

thank you for your visit in our resort, and thank you for taking the time evaluating your vacation here in Tripadvisor.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will be able to meet you in the near future again.
Sunny greetings from El Gouna

chafford hundred
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Arrived home this morning and had to get this written asap. It was my first visit to this part of Egypt but I had read very good reports on here from others.
Apparently El Gouna is considered the safest area in all of Egypt as, if I understood correctly, it is privately owned by a rich entrepreneur with vision.
I did email ahead to the hotel, as someone advised on here, as I am not too mobile and did not want to be too far away from the pool and restaurant. After a swift and friendly registration in reception, I was taken to my room in Cluster 5 - perfect for the pool in one direction, the gardens and lagoon beyond my terrace, the sea in the near distance and the main restaurant/reception a short walk away. Don't be put off by the doors to the apartments (secure and functional I guess), because inside is just like the brochure. The accommodation is huge. Everything seems to be new and spotlessly clean. Let's start at the back - the French windows open onto a small terrace with chairs and a table. There are sumptuous nets and lined curtains covering the wall of windows. The room itself has a marble tiled floor and there are lights everywhere. Both of the beds had huge, marshmallow type pillows and were beautifully dressed. A large TV adorns the wall opposite the bed and has plently of English movies. In the corner is all the necessary for tea/coffee making and a mini fridge harbours plenty of drinks of all types (free if you are AI) and snacks. A telephone connects to reception, housekeeping etc and there are socketts for the internet. The aircon is top notch and it needed to be - the outside temp was around 39 degrees C. The bathroom is enormous. It houses the wardrobes (quite logical if you think about it) which have plenty of hanging space, drawers and the room safe. There are also dressing robes and slippers.
The vanity unit has a large mirror over and a variety of basic toiletries and beautiful, fluffy Egyptian towels. The shower is the walk in type and big enough for a party!! The toilet has a drop down grab rail and the shower too has extra hand rails and a pull out drying line.
I did have to call housekeeping as whatever I did there was no way the safe would allow me to set my own keycode and the fridge was WARM. Within 30 minutes, both problems were resolved and new units delivered to my room.
The pool nearest to me was subdivided into different levels and areas and there were plenty of organised activities going on throughout the day. There is also a swim up bar and snack bar/restaurant with ice cream cart at the poolside. There are plenty of sunbeds and the pool towels are free to use with a pool card system.
The main restaurant, accessible via a small bridge over one of the many outlets to one of the lagoons offers a variety of excellent, fresh foods. (There are lifts around the complex, so there is no problem if one just cannot cope with the stairs - old age or the heat!!!) Around the piazza is also the shop that sells everything (souvenirs, tobacco, snacks etc), a shop selling items of clothing, a glassware shop, a bank (it has a machine that will exchange sterling for LE available 24/7) and a jewellers. On the other side of the square are slightly larger stores selling clothing and Egyptian items.
Do not make the mistake of changing any sterling before you leave the UK. The exchange rate is much better in Egypt and there is no commission to pay. Tipping initially can easily be done using sterling. Not that anyone implies that they are after your money, but since the UK is one of the few countries currently supplying tourists to Egypt, we need to reward good service. By the way, the Visa to enter the country is £13 purchased at the Hurghada airport.
I have to add also that I did not get bitten by anything in 7 days - considering I was surrounded by water it was amazing. The only downside that I could comment on was that it took about an hour or so to get from the airport to the resort.
I was privileged to spend the whole of last week with the Egyptian National football team in residence. I know nothing about football in any county but it certainly added interest and excitement to the week, especially when they won their match played at Hurghada and there was a film crew filming everyone coming in to dinner.
If you need pampering there are 2 areas for massage, manicure, beauty, hair etc and there are plenty of sporting activities available.
If anyone wants to ask me any questions, please feel free.

Room Tip: take a look at the resort map before you travel and decide where you would rather be then email the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank belazieth
Linda O, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear belazieth,

WOW and thank you for your real nice, realistic and long review. It was our pleasure to have you in our resort and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your vacation.
As well we would like to thank you for mentioning the actual situation of El Gouna and that it is far from what is show in the news or mentioned in any travel warning around Europe.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon, and please feel free to contact us again in advance to arrange your special needs.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel wasn't the luxury of 5 star hotel or swiss chain but its nice if you don't expect great service, Breakfast was poor with low quality, dinner is ok but the most thing I like is the room service was great especially Essam the guy who take the orders, the hotel is on large area which the stuff couldn't recover

1 Thank Hossam E
Dear Hossam,

we would like to thank you for your stay in our resort and for taking the time of evaluating your vacation here at Tripadvisor.
We are sorry to know that our hotel did not fulfill all your expectations but would like to thank you for the nice comment about the room service.
We would be pleased to welcome you back in the future, please feel free to contact me in advance to see where we can assist you in having a better time and to fill your expectations.