We are still staying at the hotel and loving it.
I came here with my 5 year old daughter to take 1 weeks chill out time and enjoy the beautiful weather of Egypt v's Sweden at this time of year.
The hotel itself is spread out over a vast area and at first this was quite overwhelming but after 3 days felt spacious and lets you feel like you have the peace and calm that i was after.
The staff are ABOVE EXCELLENT, so nice, wam and friendly. I do have to say though that there is an obvious lack of female staff - only 1 on duty at breakfast - so i am not sure what the reasons are - odd but true. Food is excellent considering the potential amount of guests they serve.
The one thing that is overwhelmingly frustrating is the OASIS pool.
The pool is set in the most beautiful location in front of the sea and beach area. However its not heated - -whilst this might seem an of statement to make as i am sure the pool is wonderful in late April - September time; however in March the pool is not freezing but its not enjoyable - ESPECIALLY for kids.
So this means every day we have had to leave our room and walk all the way over to the Lagoon pool - this is a little annoying as we got a great room in Cluster 6 which we upgraded to for 50Euros a night just so we can see the sea and be close to the pool.
Lagoon pool lovely but its not the OASIS pool.
Dissapointed with the Hotel in this one count as there seems to be no statement on their website.
Would we come back - defiantely but not in the Winter and Spring months unless the OASIS pool is heated.
In all i say that the best part of the hotel are the staff and this is why people quite rightly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna is nestled on a peninsula, with its own exclusive beachfront. It offers spectacular views of the Red Sea, the tranquil lagoons and the lush gardens. The ideal surroundings combined with the resort's extensive facilities all make for a perfect stay. The charming center of El Gouna with its picturesque architecture and numerous attractions is only a few minutes away and Hurghada International Airport can be reached in 30 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna Hotel El Gouna
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa El Gouna
- mövenpick El Gouna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Gouna