“Very comfortable stay”
Review of The Captain's Inn

The Captain's Inn
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Captain's Inn for two night which was a pleasant stay. The location is great and the rooms are very clean. Service is also very good and the breakfast was good with a lot of variety
One thing that bothered me is the shower, It's a bit small and the water was everywhere. Also the curtain was sticking onto my back. Maybe the hotel can put glass doors on the shower for improvement.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Jean-Philippe F, Manager at The Captain's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Shahenaz,

Thank you very much for your comments. we are really glad that you have enjoyed your stay among us...

As for the showers, we know it is one of our weaknesses, and we are starting a shower proof in the mid of next month... We will try to make them bigger and without a sticky curtain...

I hope that when you come next time, we will have the pleasure to get you one of the rooms with new shower...

kind regards

jean-Philippe Ferrini

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A boutique guesthouse overlooking the beautiful Abu Tig Marina, Captain’s Inn offers an intimate atmosphere in picturesque surroundings. American-style Steak House restaurant on the marina’s promenade.49 rooms with marina or courtyard view, access to Moods Beach and Ocean View pool.

The set menu dinner is Excellent !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zeyseeker

Dear Zeyseeker,

Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel...

Next time, if you have enjoyed our set menu, let me make you try our a la carte menu, i am sure you are going to be delighted by the tastes...

Jean-Philippe ferrini

Reviewed March 24, 2013

a clean,cozy nice hotel.Just came from Gounna and i really enjoyed it a lot !
the hotel was a big add to the trip because of it's perfect location on Bou Tig Marine between the nicest restaurants and outings in el Gouna. Great value for money , I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Jean-Philippe F, Manager at The Captain's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear KF,

thank you for your lovely comment bout our property, we are really glad to read you had a good time among us..

We really hope we will have the pleasure to see you again

please find my contacts

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Location, location, and did I mention the location?!

Hotel is PERFECTLY located amidst everything, with stunning Marina views, no pictures would ever do them justice. I mean I've seen the hotel pictures before going, but not in my wildest dreams would I have imagined such serene and beautiful place existed at such ridiculous prices.

It's a small cozy hotel, squeaky clean, super friendly and helpful staff.

You can't get any better value for money elsewhere.

One HUGE pro about this hotel is this beautiful positive energy vibes emanating all over.

The hotel is directly located ON the Abou Tig Marina with it's stunning views. Within literally a leg's stretch from everything be it a supermarket for quick snacks/ bottled water, or all types of restaurants just by the Marina, or even evening romantic strides on the impulse.

The main restaurant had tables indoors and others stretched outdoors too, directly by the Marina side. I enjoyed immensely taking my breakfast directly on the Marina side in the early morning with such stunning views. Eternal bliss that is it.

We were lucky to be upgraded from a standard room, to a Marina view room, with stunning views of the bay, you can't get any closer to the Marina in any other hotel around town.

Super clean rooms and amenities a very close match to higher end hotels for almost half the price; I believe the hotel could be easily ranked to be borderline 4 stars not just 3.

The hotel manager John is a super friendly guy, who went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible, anticipating our needs way ahead.

Actually all staff were super pleasant and cheerful, you could feel their connection to the place, the thing which was extended to the guests of the hotel.

Although the hotel is kindda small, but it is very organized and squeaky clean, and everything is in super order, I fell in love! It can't get any better.

I'd totally agree that this is better than other All Inclusives I've stayed at.

We're hitched! And whenever in Gouna it would always be Captain's Inn.

Try booking in advance though, cause it gets fully booked easliy.

Room Tip: Book in advance, the hotel is small and with a very good reputation, and gets fully booked easliy...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Merzess,

thank you very much for your incredible comments about our hotel...

We hope we will have the chance to meet you again and count you among us..

please find my contact if i can be of any help next time you wish to come

Reviewed March 23, 2013

the view is beautiful day and night and the loacation is great.the stuff is so helpful and friendly.the acccomdation was so safe for children as well even the room with balcony was so safe.its a quit hotel not so far from the beach,the pool or the shuttle bus station.

Room Tip: the marina view room is very relaxing
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear ms. Amira,

thank you for your comments about our hotel, i am really happy to hear you had a good time among us..

Please find my contacts for me to be able to offer you and your family an even better time next time

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at Captain's Inn many times, and every time it's a beautiful experience. The hotel is clean, cozy with an amazing location and friendly staff. You are not promised at this hotel what can't be delivered so you are never disappointed, mother staff try to attend to your request as much as possible. I would certainly go there while on a holiday

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maha1983

Dear ms. Maha,

thank you for your kind words about our hotel, i am delighted to hear you had a good time among us..

Please find my informations for you to book directly next time

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I travelled to El Gouna on my own wanting a peaceful and relaxing holiday. I had emailed JP(manager) in advance with some questions and he responded immediately, He reassured me that El Gouna and the Captain's Inn was a safe location and perfect for single female travellers.
They arranged my taxi transfer from Hurghada which was waiting on arrival.
The Captain's Inn is centrally located and is absolutely lovely. ALL the staff are fantastic and extremely helpful, they went the extra mile to ensure that my stay was perfect. When I did have a problem, it was resolved immediately with sincere apologies for the perceived inconvenience to me.
My original room was on the first floor and was smallish but totally lovely, the only drawback was it being above the kitchens and as a light sleeper, I did not get much sleep. I was moved to a beautiful room overlooking the court yard on the second floor and from here on in, my nights were heavenly.
They provide you with a beach towel and bag for the duration of your stay and you can use the beach or Ali Pasha hotel.
The breakfast was divine, fresh food and plenty of it. There is nothing quite like breakfast in the sun overlooking the Marina.
Jean-Phillipe has an excellent team of staff, they are professional and courteous and alsways had a smile. I have stayed in the 5* AI and never did i have such good service.
I will return to El Gouna and will without doubt stay at the Captain's Inn.

The beach is a 2 minute walk at the end of the marina, the staff on there were lovely, never intrusive and certainly not lecherous towards me, infact they were very protective of my privacy and kept undesirable attention at arms length which made me feel extremely safe and able to chill out.

I walked Downtown several times day and night, never had any problems, take a tuk-tuk if you dont want to walk but it is only 15 minutes walking. If you are in to running then its flat and a great place to run.
I didnt eat at the Steakhouse below as I am vegetarian but it was always busy and those I spoke to always rated it highly.
The salon in the hotel does massages, cheaper and better than on the beach, Rashed is a gem and arranged for Layla to come in on her day off to do threading, it was far cheaper than in the UK and 100 times better.

Would I ever stay at another All Inclusive, no never again, I would return to the Captain's Inn and El Gouna, I cant rate it highly enough, beautiful rooms, excellent staff, gorgeous location.

Thanks to JP and his team.

Room Tip: Rm 155 was over the kitchens, request a room away from the kitchens if you are a light sleeper,
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank snow-witch

Dear Snow-Witch,

:) thank you for your lovely comment about my team and the hotel, i will make sure to let my people know about your more than amazing comments..

Please find my coordinates if you ever want to book next time, i ll make sure to get a you a bigger room