“Very nice and cozy hotel”
Review of The Captain's Inn

The Captain's Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Cairo, Egypt
“Very nice and cozy hotel”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

a clean,cozy nice hotel.Just came from Gounna and i really enjoyed it a lot !
the hotel was a big add to the trip because of it's perfect location on Bou Tig Marine between the nicest restaurants and outings in el Gouna. Great value for money , I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jean-Philippe F, Manager at The Captain's Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear KF,

thank you for your lovely comment bout our property, we are really glad to read you had a good time among us..

We really hope we will have the pleasure to see you again

please find my contacts

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
Cairo
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Location, location, and did I mention the location?!

Hotel is PERFECTLY located amidst everything, with stunning Marina views, no pictures would ever do them justice. I mean I've seen the hotel pictures before going, but not in my wildest dreams would I have imagined such serene and beautiful place existed at such ridiculous prices.

It's a small cozy hotel, squeaky clean, super friendly and helpful staff.

You can't get any better value for money elsewhere.

One HUGE pro about this hotel is this beautiful positive energy vibes emanating all over.

The hotel is directly located ON the Abou Tig Marina with it's stunning views. Within literally a leg's stretch from everything be it a supermarket for quick snacks/ bottled water, or all types of restaurants just by the Marina, or even evening romantic strides on the impulse.

The main restaurant had tables indoors and others stretched outdoors too, directly by the Marina side. I enjoyed immensely taking my breakfast directly on the Marina side in the early morning with such stunning views. Eternal bliss that is it.

We were lucky to be upgraded from a standard room, to a Marina view room, with stunning views of the bay, you can't get any closer to the Marina in any other hotel around town.

Super clean rooms and amenities a very close match to higher end hotels for almost half the price; I believe the hotel could be easily ranked to be borderline 4 stars not just 3.

The hotel manager John is a super friendly guy, who went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible, anticipating our needs way ahead.

Actually all staff were super pleasant and cheerful, you could feel their connection to the place, the thing which was extended to the guests of the hotel.

Although the hotel is kindda small, but it is very organized and squeaky clean, and everything is in super order, I fell in love! It can't get any better.

I'd totally agree that this is better than other All Inclusives I've stayed at.

We're hitched! And whenever in Gouna it would always be Captain's Inn.

Try booking in advance though, cause it gets fully booked easliy.

Room Tip: Book in advance, the hotel is small and with a very good reputation, and gets fully booked easliy...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Merzess,

thank you very much for your incredible comments about our hotel...

We hope we will have the chance to meet you again and count you among us..

please find my contact if i can be of any help next time you wish to come

cairo
Reviewed March 23, 2013

the view is beautiful day and night and the loacation is great.the stuff is so helpful and friendly.the acccomdation was so safe for children as well even the room with balcony was so safe.its a quit hotel not so far from the beach,the pool or the shuttle bus station.

Room Tip: the marina view room is very relaxing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear ms. Amira,

thank you for your comments about our hotel, i am really happy to hear you had a good time among us..

Please find my contacts for me to be able to offer you and your family an even better time next time

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at Captain's Inn many times, and every time it's a beautiful experience. The hotel is clean, cozy with an amazing location and friendly staff. You are not promised at this hotel what can't be delivered so you are never disappointed, mother staff try to attend to your request as much as possible. I would certainly go there while on a holiday

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Maha1983
Dear ms. Maha,

thank you for your kind words about our hotel, i am delighted to hear you had a good time among us..

Please find my informations for you to book directly next time

lancashire
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I travelled to El Gouna on my own wanting a peaceful and relaxing holiday. I had emailed JP(manager) in advance with some questions and he responded immediately, He reassured me that El Gouna and the Captain's Inn was a safe location and perfect for single female travellers.
They arranged my taxi transfer from Hurghada which was waiting on arrival.
The Captain's Inn is centrally located and is absolutely lovely. ALL the staff are fantastic and extremely helpful, they went the extra mile to ensure that my stay was perfect. When I did have a problem, it was resolved immediately with sincere apologies for the perceived inconvenience to me.
My original room was on the first floor and was smallish but totally lovely, the only drawback was it being above the kitchens and as a light sleeper, I did not get much sleep. I was moved to a beautiful room overlooking the court yard on the second floor and from here on in, my nights were heavenly.
They provide you with a beach towel and bag for the duration of your stay and you can use the beach or Ali Pasha hotel.
The breakfast was divine, fresh food and plenty of it. There is nothing quite like breakfast in the sun overlooking the Marina.
Jean-Phillipe has an excellent team of staff, they are professional and courteous and alsways had a smile. I have stayed in the 5* AI and never did i have such good service.
I will return to El Gouna and will without doubt stay at the Captain's Inn.

The beach is a 2 minute walk at the end of the marina, the staff on there were lovely, never intrusive and certainly not lecherous towards me, infact they were very protective of my privacy and kept undesirable attention at arms length which made me feel extremely safe and able to chill out.

I walked Downtown several times day and night, never had any problems, take a tuk-tuk if you dont want to walk but it is only 15 minutes walking. If you are in to running then its flat and a great place to run.
I didnt eat at the Steakhouse below as I am vegetarian but it was always busy and those I spoke to always rated it highly.
The salon in the hotel does massages, cheaper and better than on the beach, Rashed is a gem and arranged for Layla to come in on her day off to do threading, it was far cheaper than in the UK and 100 times better.

Would I ever stay at another All Inclusive, no never again, I would return to the Captain's Inn and El Gouna, I cant rate it highly enough, beautiful rooms, excellent staff, gorgeous location.

Thanks to JP and his team.

Room Tip: Rm 155 was over the kitchens, request a room away from the kitchens if you are a light sleeper,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank snow-witch
Dear Snow-Witch,

:) thank you for your lovely comment about my team and the hotel, i will make sure to let my people know about your more than amazing comments..

Please find my coordinates if you ever want to book next time, i ll make sure to get a you a bigger room

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was really pleased with the choice and hadn't even realised it was right on the Marina, which is a lovely location. You can eat breakfast sitting outside looking across at the boats.

The restaurant is also good and was one of the most busy ones there, which must say something in its favour.

The reception staff were extremely helpful. I had a problem with the internet and it was no problem for them to reboot their server.

I also asked Captain's Inn to book a taxi to collect me from the airport and this service was also excellent (I deeply regret not having tipped the driver, who was brilliant - please, others, do this!). He was waiting for me a the airport and the car was very comfortable and for a good price.

The room was a good size (I thought); the shower a bit small. But brilliant value for money.

The sea was a bit too cold for swimming, but the kite surfers are amazing to watch. I was a bit shocked when I went to Mangroovy Beach and was asked to pay 130 EGP to sit there (I immediately left!).

But Captain's Inn is highly recommended!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any lifts, so I would ask for first floor to save yourself too much walk...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kfcfiend
Dear KFCFiend,

We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay among us and we hope we will have the pleasure to count you among us..

Wishing you a beautiful week,

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel is really amazing, ive had so much fun, their breakfast is amazing as well, havent tried dinner but it will def be amazing too, plus the staff are very cheerful, welcoming and very decent and the hotel isn't expensive at all as well :) so its totally recommended

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kareem_samy
Jean-Philippe F, Manager at The Captain's Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Kareem,

Thank you very much for your comments about hotel, we are really happy you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We sincerely hope to see you soon among us.

please find my coordinates for the next time if we could do anything for you

00201224888566