“If all is well we will be booking again next year”
Review of The Captain's Inn

The Captain's Inn
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
bracknell
“If all is well we will be booking again next year”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed her 8 nights, in the Captain's Suite. We booked the suite for the extra space and the marina facing balcony, though I would mention that if you are a light sleeper there is boomy dance music to be heard between about midnight & 3am (I woke up the 1st night & ignored it on other nights), so if you are sensitive about this kind of thing book a courtyard/back facing room.

Other than a bit of noise (comes from a bar/club across the marina), this is a great place to holiday; comfy beds, air con, satellite tv, lots of hot water and plenty of water pressure from the shower, clean, beach towels, access to beach club & pool, really nice staff. Last but not least a really good breakfast - my favourites where the really fresh croissant which were scoffed down with butter and apricot jam and pancakes with chocolate sauce and nuts - healthy food also freely available.

We arrived at the hotel frazzled and left relaxed, honestly, I don't think you can ask for more than that.

Room Tip: Laundry service is good value so pack with a view to wash and save dragging around heavy cases. My M...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wbBracknell
Jean-Philippe F, Manager at The Captain's Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Ms. Bracknell,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment about our hotel... I am really glad you left relaxed, and this is how i wish all my guests would leave the hotel.

I hope we will have the pleasure to see you again among us.

Wishing you a beautiful day and year to come.

Kind regards

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Spent 4 days in the hotel during February, in which we enjoyed the vacation. The weather was really good as well. The rooms are comfortable however not all have sea view. You can enjoy breakfast at the Steakhouse right beside the marina. Hotel gives access to sister hotel's beach and pool, which is only a couple mins away (walking).
Rooms are not very large but comfortable and quiet with an LCD screen. Bathrooms are clean with a hair dryer and soap provided. Unfortunately, i saw one small cockroach on the the bathroom floor. However, it was just one and didn't catch it again as the overall look of the place looks very clean!
El gouna is a large resort with various restaurant, supermarket and libraries. You can go surfing, para sailing, Sahara safari or snorkeling. All activities can be arranged through the hotel's reception. You can also go Bike riding or go-karting in El gouna downtown.
Overall, it was a happy trip which all family members enjoyed, either relaxing on the beach or going out for all the different activities..

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view rooms. Other rooms over look the gardens and give less privacy if you want to l...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Somaya,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment... I am really sorry for the inconvenience that happened in your room. Be assured we fixed this issue and are monitoring it on a daily basis.

Again allow me to thank you for the kind words you used toward us...

Please find my contact detail if i could do anything for the next time

jeanphilippe.ferrini@marina-elgouna.com
00201224888533

Kind regards

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed at The Captains Inn many times and would stay there again. Room clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Good variety of food for breakfast. Great location. Great value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank KiwiMo07
Jean-Philippe F, General Manager at The Captain's Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms. Kiwimo,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay among us,

kindly find my mail and phone in case you would make us the pleasure to accommodate among us an other time.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was offered an upgrade for my room for being a regular this time. If You have any complaints while there the staff will handle it swiftly. Very convenient and decently priced. The bed was sooooo comfortable!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a king size bed. Stay on the first floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank BigH81
Dear Mr. BigH,

thank you very much for your comment about my staff here. I am really glad to read that you find our responses accurate and fast.

Kindly find my mail and phone in case you come again to the hotel, for me to try making it swifter next time.

southampton
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Central location is very convenient though can bring some noise especially in high season when shows are put on in front of the hotel. Breakfast was good, room small but clean with satellite TV, mini-bar and tea making facilities.
Overall good value for money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redharry
Dear Mr. Harry,

thank you very much for your comments about our hotel. I am really pleased to see we succeeded to satisfy you during your stay.

Please find my mail address and number for me to be able to give you a bigger room if you would decide to come back again to our hotel

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Not my first time in goua, but the first in captain's inn and definetely not the last.
Very good quality for money, excellent location. I was lucky to get a room with a big terrace overlooking the hotel yard. Breakfast was good dinner was very good, although bread basket was only served when requested (which is not normal in restaurants in el gouna), we had the surf and turf and the grilled salmon, both are amazing.
The staff very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely go there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 832Mariam
Dear Ms Mariam,

Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel.

I am sorry for the bread basket issue, and kindly know that i have passed orders for it to be served automatically now when guests start ordering their beverages.

Kindly find my mail and number in case i could be of any assistance during your next stay.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a really great time in The Captain's Inn. Location is awesome, staff is friendly,helpful and super nice. Food is really delicous, both for breakfast and dinner. Rooms are tidy, clean. Perfect place to relax.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hysteria27
Dear Mr/ms, Hysteria,

thank you very much for your more than encouraging comments about our hotel and team.

I am very pleased you have enjoyed your stay,

kindly find my mail address if i could be of more help during your hoped next visit to us

jeanphilippe.ferrini@marina-elgouna.com