This was our second trip to The Three Corners Ocean View, u didn't think it could get any better than the first but it did!
We were in an unrefurbished room which was still very large, modern and clean, although the bathroom particularly was a little tired it was still functional.
The food at this hotel is very good for Egyptian AI standards. The breakfast and lunch buffets are particularly good. at breakfast everyday there are always lots of pastries, fresh eggs cooked to your liking, salads, cold meat and cheese, hit breakfast items, porridge, pancakes and cereal. Lunch provides lots of interesting salads, hot options, freshly cooked pasta to order, soup, breads, deserts, chips every day and a live cooked special such as burger, kebab or fish. I found the evening buffet fine, being able to put together a nice meal, but my partner found this a bit repetitive and plain. The a la carte restaurants also offer a nice change, drinks here are AI and there is a discount off food, 2 pizzas and lots of drinks cost the two if us around £4! The lobster in chez pascal isn't cheap but highly recommended if you fancy a treat!
AI drinks in this hotel are also very good, beer wine and spirits all very drinkable and available from several different bars. Soft drinks are branded and the glass sizes are very generous! Hot drinks were also a nice break from the alcohol!
There are two pools to choose from at this hotel, we preferred the quiet pool overlooking the marina, the bar service here is second to none with the waiter always making sure you have a drink, even without tipping! We tipped those staff who looked after us around £5 mid week each although this is not required or expected.
In the evening, there is usually a show put on by the animation team, a live singer in the lobby or some entertainment in Peanuts bar where AI guests can also get drinks meaning that there are plenty of options depending in your taste, the terrace also provides a lovely quiet, candlelit area to play cards, chat or just relax.
Thus hotel is advertised as adults only and in the main part this was true, although there were a few children with foreign operators, they caused very little disturbance.
Having travelled previously to Sharm, we love the feeling of security that El Gouna offers. Being a kind of private town, guests can happily walk out of the hotel, around the marina, along the coast, into the down town area, to bars or restaurants feeling totally safe. We liked this, avoiding that stuck in hotel feeling you can often get in other parts if egypt, particularly in the day time. There are regular busses and very cheap Tuk Tuks to get around town if you don't want to walk and El Gouna itself is largely flat.
If you are expecting the pristine 5* luxury that you get in European and Middle Eastern hotels, you may be a little disappointed with this hotel. However, what you will find is a very comfortable, clean and well maintained hotel and resort with good food and drink and excellent service. We can't wait for our next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel**** Prestige acclaims a special location in El Gouna. Stretched along the Abu Tig Marina, the two swimming pools are unique: one overtops the Red Sea itself while the other pool is set in the middle of this superb Marina. The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel, as well in the Le Soleil building as in the Du Port building, offers waterfront lodging, dining, shopping or poolside fun and prides itself in indulging your desires. All guests can enjoy the facilities in our two building freely, no matter where they may have their room. Travelling alone, as a couple, or with a group of friends, Ocean View represents the best adults only quality holidays in an exclusive, stylish environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Three Corners Ocean View Hotel - Adults only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Corners Ocean View Hotel
- Hotel Three Corners Ocean View
- Three Corners Ocean View El Gouna