“Good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Pascal

Chez Pascal
Ranked #16 of 83 Restaurants in El Gouna
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A unique Experience With a touch of Belgian hospitality. Welcome to the: "Chez Pascal" restaurant. The "Chez Pascal" restaurant is located in the middle of the Three Corners Ocean View Hotel at the Abu Tig Marina of El Gouna right in front of the DuPort pool club. It possesses a unique atmosphere, in the same stylish, accessible environment. The restaurant has 200 seats of which 40 on the terrace with view over the beautiful Marina of El Gouna, and 30 on the terrace located at the quieter flowery courtyard of the Ocean View Hotel. To date, "Chez Pascal" Restaurant is opened from 18h30 to at least 22h00. Starting from December 2014 we also bring you a relaxing or fast (business) lunch at noontime. Coherent with The Three Corners Ocean View Hotel recently opened fitness center, we plan to start also, around this time, with a wide range of healthy food. Enjoy and browse along our webpages, and stay updated about the Chez Pascal's unique culinary experiences coming your way.
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We ate at this restaurant on our last day of our all inclusive stay in The Three Corners Ocean View just for a bit of a change,we had an allowance of 30LE per person from the hotel and all the drinks were free with restrictions as the hotel. I had a fillet steak with shallots,veg and fries and my wife had the tenderloin but it was a bit tough. The service was quick and the waiters attentive.

Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
Mentor, Ohio
“3 times and still a charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

While visiting family in Providence, I was advised that no trip to the area was complete without a meal at Chez Pascal. The building is rather innocuous and blends seamlessly into its surroundings. The front entrance reminded me of a speak-easy and I wondered if I needed a secret knock to enter. Upon entering, I was greeted immediately by a delightful young lady who took me to a very cozy table in the far corner where I was able to oversee the entire dining room. The dining room was busting with a dinner crowd that looked dressed for a night at the theater, if there was one anyone in the area, and not a pair of jeans or tennis shoes were found. My server was an attentive gentleman who provided quick, friendly, and knowledgeable service.

I orded the seasonal Pomme drink from the cocktail menu. It contained a mix of apple vodka and the house-made apple sorbet (along with a few other secret ingredients) and was beyond delicious. The dinner menu at Chez Pascal is not long or ostentatious. The chef doesn't try to lure you in with big words and complicated cooking methods. The food is straightforward and so is the menu. For an appetizer, I ordered the pork, bacon and wild mushroom potted pie with cloumage cheese and a salad of local radicchio and fennel. At $12.50, a rather steep appetizer price, but I would have gladly paid $30. The portion size was enough for two and I would later regret not saving some for later. The pie shell was crispy and tender, if it can be both, and the filling was decendant. Truly exceptional. A mid-course of radish salad paired with squash bisque topped with a pork belly crouton followed. If, someday, I find myself drowning in a vat of that bisque, I will have died a happy death. I've never been one for radishes, but that salad topped with their house-made dressing was sublime. This is when I start regretting eating my entire appetizer. My main course was the roasted boneless pat’s pastured half chicken with braised potatoes, fennel, leeks and a sauce of roasted onions and sherry. The portion was huge and I knew half would be going home with me. It's hard to make a chicken dish anything exciting; chicken is, after all chicken. Chez Pascal made this magical. The skin was crispy and flavorful and the meat tender. The potatoes were cooked tender and the sauce was brilliant. Dessert course was almost painful to eat as I was completely stuffed. But, I soldiered on. A trio of amazing desserts was brought out; an amazing coffee custard, a profiteroles with vanilla ice cream, nut brittle and caramel sauce , and a layered apple tart. All were spectacular in their own way but hte profiterole was my favorite as the nut brittle and caramel were warm and gooey over a cold ice cream.

I returned for lunch at the Wurst Kitchen a few days later. The Wurst Kitchen is small and busy, with a take out window for those looking for a meal on the go. At the suggestion of my lunch partner, I ordered the bacon wrapped meatloaf sandwich. If God could invent a sandwich, this would be it. Chez Pascal makes all of their own sausages and whatever heaven they put into that meatloaf should receive a Noble Prize for Peace because it could end wars. The crispy flavorful bacon is wrapped around the meatloaf, sliced, and grilled on the flat top. It is topped with house-made cole slaw and a spicy tomato compote that brings a whole new layer to the sandwich. Chez Pascal serves it with a side of house-made potato salad. The meal was summed up by the gentleman behind me who said to his wife "That may be the best sandwich I've ever eaten." Amen.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank JenBarJo
NYC
“A really cute, charming restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is just a really, cute charming restaurant. The food is good but nothing stood out as exceptional. Although, the cheese platter with the homemade compotes was one of the best cheese boads that I have had. It is just a really nice atmosphere with delicious food.

• Visited October 2012
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“A rare gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We took our daughter here for her 22nd birthday because she wanted French food. We had heard about Chez Pascal throughout the years but had never gone. Wow, wow, wow. The food was incredibly wonderful. We had escargot, scallops, beef and chicken dishes. ALL were outstanding. The room was small but very comfortable and had a cozy, neighborhood vibe. I can imagine it would be very noisy on a weekend but it was quiet and we like that. Service was good and the waiter even brought our dessert with a candle in it because he overheard us say something about a birthday so that was a nice touch. We will be back for more very soon. Thank you and kudos to all who make this one of the BEST.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank sylviafly
Stamford, Connecticut
“As good as being in France!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Always drove by this restaurant and wanted to try it...this past Saturday I got the chance. My boyfriend and I went there---it was amazing! From the friendly personable staff to the unique delectable dishes it was 5 stars all the way. We each had some quails for dinner cooked perfectly and then ended with possibly one of the best desserts I've ever eaten. It was a pear upside-down cake with blue cheese melted in the center! Sooooo good---highly recommend! And David our waiter was delightful!

• Visited August 2012