“update and I'm angry”
Review of Surf & Turf - CLOSED

Surf & Turf
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Under new ownership, from January 2012. This new fish restaurant has all types of wonderful fresh fish as well as meat and chicken dishes. Delivery available.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

You will see my earlier reviews of Surf and Turf's fish and chips. I have given them the benefit of the doubt and continued to try their take away fish and chips. This has been a huge mistake on my part despite a distinct improvement a few months ago after my initial review. It's all gone down the pan again I'm afraid.
Tonight's fish and the batter was the worst I've had yet. It was rubbery and definitely not fresh. I got about 2 pieces fish less than previously too which almost made me call them and ask for a refund. For 5O LE it was an absolute rip off. Dear owner why is there so much inconsistency? Why are there hardly any chips? Why was the portion of fish suddenly so small? Why can't the chef just get it right for once?Also asked for baked beans with it and got green peas. They had also added 4 slices of tomato which I've never had before and simply doesn't go with the fish and chips!
I should have asked to see the food before handing over my hard earned cash on this rubbish. It was a great idea to sell fish and chips to the Brits in El Gouna but you'll be taken for a ride and left looking like a fool if you buy from these cowboys.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

English owned, the extensive European menu will suit every Brit palette. Reasonably priced, plentiful and tremendous value and very popular with Brits!

1  Thank Essexgirl
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The service is good,the food is good,and its very cheap.Its located downtown,just off the main square.

1  Thank espengmbh
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have just returned from yet another amazing meal in surf & turf. As a resident in el Gouna you soon learn where to eat & where to avoid & this is by FAR one of the best places to eat for several reasons. For starters it is clean, many places aren't over here, the atmosphere is friendly & relaxing, the staff are polite & professional, the location is easy to find but best of all the food is amazing. I had the traditional fish & chips, the fish was fresh & the chips were home cooked. Yum yum!!!! This is a must see when visiting el Gouna.

1  Thank Jheather69
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went to El-Gouna in October and I almost missed this place....but was very glad to have found it! I had a Surf & Turf (what the Restaurant clearly is infamous for!) I ordered my steak Medium-rare, not only was it the biggest Steak I've ever seen it was cooked to perfection! I couldn't complain about the service, I had a great cost effective and tasty meal and felt very welcomed by all of the staff. I will most definitely be going back again when I get the chance!

1  Thank ckcade