We have stayed at the Sheraton El Gouna for the second time in June 2013. Based on our good experiences the first time in april 2010.
The staff at the Sheraton El Gouna make you feel welcome from the first moment you set foot in the hotel. The are friendly, customer oriented and almost all speak decent English.
The rooms are clean and well maintained although they do appear a little outdated and aged. The food at the buffet restaurant is good with a reasonable variety on a day-to-day basis. We again tried a couple of theme nights in the Italian and Oriental restaurants but didn't find the quality of the food to meet our standards. Especially given the fact that you pay an extra fee if you are on half board or all inclusive. At all of these nights the staff again was tremendous and welcoming but the additional entertainment mediocre. If you want a change of scenery and food we would recommend to go for the dine-around program.
The pool and beaches are clean and well organized. We found the staff at the pool more friendly compared to the beach staff. As an exception to the rest of the staff at the beach seem slow, uninterested and at times a bit rude. Therefore we chose to spend most of our days at the pool. The only thing we missed there was a small water slide for our daughter which would have made the fun complete.
Two additional comments I would like to make are:
- if you want to book a hotel with a limited amount of Russian guests, book here. Although the local families we have seen at the hotel this time can behave as bad as some of the Russian guests can.
- 3 years ago the pool and beaches had a sun lounger reservation policy and restriction. Meaning that you cannot put a towel on a bed and leave it unoccupied for more than 30 minutes. This rule seems to have vanished at the beach front. We highly appreciated this policy 3 years ago and it was one of the reasons for us to return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna