We travel a lot and don't usually go back to the same place or hotel, but the Sheraton at El Gouna draws us in every time. The result is that we have been here 5 times over the last 7/8 years. We have never been disappointed. The sun shines year round and when we go during November and December the climate is perfect. This visit 1 -8 December seemed warmer than previous years.
El Gouna is a great place to stay and in our view the best and only hotel to stay in is the Sheraton Miramar. The rooms, gardens, beach, service and staff are excellent. In partcicular the staff are great, attentive and welcoming and look after your every needs.
Rooms are lovely and huge and the outlook onto the gardens or lagoons is just stunning.
We always choose bed and breakfast. This is because the local town and Marina are a short shuttle bus ride away (tickets are £2 each per week from the hotel) and there are excellent restaurants and cafes at both. Restaurant prices are very good. A really quality meal of 2 courses and drinks in the region of £20 -£35 a couple. Local beer is really good and £2 for a large 400ml bottle. A glass of wine is £3. Tea and juices in restaurants and cafes are really cheap. The best restaurant is at "down town" at the "Oriental Grill"- in the low season restaurants can be quite empty but dont be put off, the service and food is great. There are greek, Thai and Indian restaurants as well but the best are the Egyptian restaurants. There are plenty of other restaurants at both downtown and the marina. There are plenty of interesting shops selling local hand made goodsl that are open till late.
You dont have to get a bus to downtown or marina, its a lovely walk around the lagoons and
will take about 20 minutes.
Having said all that, The Sheraton does really excellent food and has lovely bars all reasonably priced. The breakfast is superb and service excellent.
What is good is that you can walk freely and safely around El gouna without being hassled, unlike at Sharm.
El Gouna as a resort is a million miles better that Sharm El Sheik.
Guests who return 10 times can have trees planted in their names - i think we might get there!
Above all, the staff make this holiday brilliant every time for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna