We stayed for a week and had a lovely relaxing holiday. From the minute we arrived (we organised a private taxi transfer from Hurgharda airport 120LE) the staff were helpful, polite and nothing was too much trouble. We requested a quiet room and it was just that. The standards of hygiene and cleanliness were excellent.Our room had all the things you would expect and bit more, there was a small fridge/minibar, a kettle, cups/saucers etc and a safe. In addition we had flowers on our bed and in the bathroom, thanks to our lovely cleaner.
The hotel is set on 9 islands, all low level buildings, like a small village community. The gardens are beautifully kept. We spent most of our time on the beach, temp was mid 20s most days. Again, excellent service and so peaceful. We stayed B & B as we like to go out, the marina, and the downtown area have numerous lovely restaurants to suit all budgets. We liked Hedra downtown, midpriced, Athena, fairly cheap and Bleu Bleu and Chez Chantel in the marina. Also the 7th star patisserie for coffee and cake! Use the tok tok service to get about, cheap and quick.
The hotel breakfast was top notch, lots of choice, excellent omelettes, etc all made fresh to order.
Enjoyed the Egyptian night at the Oriental Restaurant at the hotel, again, food and entertainment worth the charge, belly dancing and a whirling dervish!
A special thank you to Ayub who checked we were ok everyday, Khalad and all the staff on Beach 2000 who looked after us so well, and all the staff who smiled, said hello and generally made us feel welcome.
The only small quibble is that the room should have an information pack as we only had a map and this was not enough, so we had to ask about several things which could have been easily put into an information leaflet.
We will certainly be going back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is built on the most magnificent site, spread over 9 Red Sea islands and is designed by the world famous architect, Michael Graves. The award-winning architecture is inspired by ancient Egyptian designs. The unique seafront setting of the resort with the dramatic backdrop of desert mountains, crystalline lagoons, wooden bridges and lush gardens gives you the sensation of being in another world. Perfectly suits family holidays, romantic holidays, Weddings, honeymoons, meetings, seminars and incentives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Miramar Hotel El Gouna
- Sheraton El Gouna
- Sheraton Miramar El Gouna