“Excellent Flavours”

Got a photo?
Add it.
China House Restaurant
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant. Friendly waiting staff that, unusual for Hurghada, give you space and allow you to eat you meal without constant interruptions. I ordered 2 main dishes (sweet and sour chicken and Kung Po Duck) with Spring rolls and rice - all cooked to perfection and overflowing with flavours. Excellent value (with a glass of Omar Khayan Red) for around GBP 20. I wish them well during these hard times.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Oh my goodness.......I don't know what on earth's gone wrong here at all. The China House has always been a favourite ever since we first visited El Gouna.

I'm afraid on this occasion we had a pretty awful meal. The starters were fine.......no complaints there! But.....the mains were dire! I truly couldn't eat my chicken and bamboo shoot dish! It tasted as though the sauce was just melted butter and very little else! Urgh!! Hubby kindly swapped his beef and green peppers for mine, and so I probably got the slightly better tasting meal of the two!
But even that was completely tasteless, and I could have soled my shoes with the beef it was so tough!

Very disappointed!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We used to like China House. Unfortunately this year we had awful service and not very good experience. Ordered starters, mains and drinks. Drinks arrived, shortly followed by starters. Spring rolls were completely cold, dumplings were hard as rocks. All the waiters had disappeared. Other half ended up in the kitchen with the spring rolls, where one of the waiters was having a huge shouting match with the chef. We cancelled our mains and offered to pay for the drinks and starters. (this was refused to their credit) We ate somewhere else that night.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The title says it all.........in the fact that I'm amazed no-one has written a review before on this restaurant!!

The interior had undergone a makeover last October when we were last there, and looked so much smarter and more inviting.......and the food was excellent, as it has been on every single occasion we've eaten there!

Tasty, delicious, and well priced! Give it a try.......if you haven't already!

2  Thank kanddLeighGtrMcr