“The best burger you'll ever have? I mean, it was ok. . .” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jobo's Sports Bar & Restaurant

Jobo's Sports Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 83 Restaurants in El Gouna
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The local sportsbar in El Gouna, typical dishes are fajitas, BBQ steaks and some Scandinavian dishes. Sports from the whole world broadcasted live on bigscreen and flatscreens throughout the restaurant.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The best burger you'll ever have? I mean, it was ok. . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We visited this place because of the endless rave reviews here on Trip Advisor (and I mean, you guys rarely lead me wrong, regardless of what corner of the globe I'm trekking in this week). So many reviews here talk about how this is the single best burger you'll ever have in your life, so, naturally, I tried the burger.

Uh. No.

Look, us fat Americans know a few things backwards and forwards and those include: interfering in the local politics of foreign nations and burgers.

And let me tell you: this burger was bad. The meat tasted funny, everything was super soggy, and the whole shebang was flavorless despite swimming in various sauces.

Generally, I try to avoid burgers when traveling internationally (it's enough to worry about what is being ground up in your own country, let alone in other places), but I took your advice and you shattered my dreams and trust, Trip Advisor community. Shame. For shame.

The bar itself is comfortable and relaxed. Staff was nice. Bathroom was clean. Drinks were refilled promptly. So, I mean, this isn't a bad restaurant. . .just. . . you hurt me, TripAdvisor community.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ThisPlceHsEverything
Per A, Owner at Jobo's Sports Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Diosa B,
Thanks for your straight forward comment, I fully agree that the kitchen f-d up this time and I have no excuses, only a big apology. Only with guests like you we can improve and trust me, we will.
Next time you visit El Gouna let me prove it to you.

All the best,
Per Ankarlou

per.ankarlou@gmail.com

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Cairo
“Enjoyable ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We went there on Monday night it was the live band night the cafe was so alive and full of energy. If u r willing to watch a match there is a big flat screen there. We tried the baked apples they were great. We loved it

1 Thank modino
Verwood, United Kingdom
“Good meeting point”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Jobo's is a great place to meet & eat, staff are 1st class, very helpful & can't do enough for you which is as it should be. Good bar to watch any sport.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jeff B
Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Bar Restaurant Food,Services and Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

All i can say nice food i ever tasted.I'd go for a steak order its one of the best steak i've ever taste.And there services its quick fast no need to wait more of your food.Thank you guys for a great food and staff.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rayner S
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Andy (tattoos) and Sasha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Great bar, lovely food and fab staff!! El gouna, Panorama Bungalows and Jobos bar left a lasting impression for us. We will definitely be returning soon. What a find!!!

1 Thank Sashlou40