“Great place for kite-surfers to kite-surf and relax”
Review of RedSeaZone

RedSeaZone
More attraction details
Owner description: RedSeaZone is an IKO CENTER (704), situated at Northern Mangroovy Beach in the private town of El Gouna. We specialize in kitesurfing. We run courses from "zero" to professional training. We rent equipment. We organize international competitions, events, camps for young people, equipment tests and kiteboarding trips to uninhabited islands of the Red Sea - Kitesafari. You can trust us. RedSeaZone has operated since 2005. Our experience with water sports dates back to 1992.Our priority is your holiday! We focus on quality training, that led only by professional IKO instructors in several languages. We care about safety and create an experience that is unforgettable. We have an office in Europe and we abide by European standards.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for kite-surfers to kite-surf and relax”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

RedSeaZone is a kite surfing centre in El Gouna. My wife and I were staying at the Ocean View Hotel in Abu Tig Marina. We got the free shuttle bus to their beach centre. I had turned up with my kiting equipment and found the RedSeaZone right next door. I was met by the friendly Lidia who allocated me kit storage for the fortnight and showed me the facilities. These included kite pump area with automatic inflation tube, wash-down area for rincing equipment and hanging up for drying, as well as showers and toilets.

Also there is a bar that also serves food, plenty of space to sit and chat between sessions on the water, plus in front on the beach are sun loungers, that got plenty of use from my wife while I practiced my skills on the sea.

The sea here is perfect for learning or improving kite-surfing skills as there is a massive lagoon of shallow water. The only thing to watch for is a ridge that appears at low tide but stay beyond that, unless the tide is up, and you're ok.

There were very few no wind days during my fortnight, though sometimes it didn't build until the afternoon, giving me a chance to recuperate :)

All staff were so friendly, and Ama worked tirelessly to launch and land kites. When the wind picked up to 30 knots they were all on hand to make sure everybody was safe.

I look forward to coming back to this great spot!

• Polish first
Wrea Green, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“The views are breath taking in el gouna”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The resteraunts were very good food excellent, the nice thing about el gouna is the local people are not allowed to try and coax you int their shops, so much more peaceful

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“great holiday,egypt.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

eve had a great holiday in egypt dispite whats going on up north in the country,thats miles away..theres no trouble El Gouna is a very safe area..lovely views,trips,restaurants..hotel was fab...we are def going back again...

London, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best kite school and beach in El Gouna!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Spent 10 days at the school and absolutely loved it. Run by really friendly staff, it offers great opportunity to lean kiteboarding in possibly the best conditions in the world - shallow warm lagoon, about 400m in width, with good wind pretty much every day. The teachers are very skilled and friendly, making you progress quickly. We had Kimo as our instructor and he was really great - fun, spoke very good English and really made an effort putting us on the board.
The school offers very good value compared to the other schools on the same beach (it is the middle one out of three schools on Mongroovy beach). We also preferred its bar and beach facilities to the rest, as they feel cosier and more chilled and there's some nice music all the time. Bar staff are also very friendly and the prices are somewhat lower than everywhere else. You can also have shisha on the beach which is very nice after a day's kiting.
We are looking forward to our next visit to RedSeaZone to learn some advanced tricks from the best instructors.

Stockholm, Sweden
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 412 helpful votes
“Great snorkling and fantastic coral reefs”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Snorkling in the Red Sea is amazing, a lot of fishes in fanstastic colurs and stunning corals ! So reccomended !

Visited August 2013