“Lovely Hotel and Friendly and Hardworking Staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dahab
Christina Beach Palace
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Telford, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel and Friendly and Hardworking Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I enjoyed 2 amazing weeks in Dahab in November. Weather was perfect (not too hot), and The Christina Beach Hotel added to the experience. Very clean hotel, friendly staff, and excellent and varied choice of breakfast each morning. The only issue was the pressure of the shower which was very low, apart from the odd spurt of high pressure which lasted for a minute, which meant spending longer in it to get clean. Apparently, from feedback of other guests I spoke to, this is an issue in most if not all the rooms. That said, it appears new boilers have been put in some of the rooms. I did have a couple of issues with my bathroom but these were sorted out immediately, with courtesy and a friendly smile. We also have to remember that Dahab, and its businesses, have suffered big time, due to the problems in Cairo which, thankfully, did not affect Dahab violence-wise but did affect it tourist-wise. Please do visit this wonderful place. I felt totally safe, even as a lone female, and children are also very safe. Message for Dahab and Christina Hotel - see you next year!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SueQuinn45
Reda-and-Christina, Owner at Christina Beach Palace, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Hello Sue, happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our place. Water boilers will be exchanged room-by-room these days to improve water pressure. Looking forward to welcoming you next year. With kind regards, Christina, and the team

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hebrew first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

Having looked at the different rooms we chose the most expensive at 340 EGP about £37 We had previously booked a different hotel which was more expensive and not as nice. The room was spacious and clean especially the bathroom. The only downside was the shower pressure was really bad which alternated every minute between a dribble and a reasonable flow but to be fair we didn't ask them to try and sort it preferring to just be patient and get on with it. The staff were all very polite and friendly. We did not encounter any of the problems with bugs or mosquitoes etc but can't comment about the cheaper rooms. The location for us was the best in Dahab situated at the end of Dahab we preferred and being extremely close to all the restaurants etc and the dive school of our choice without being noisy. The pool rooms were maybe 75 - 100 m away from the water front and music etc. All in all a good stay and having looked at other choices in Dahab this is where we plan to stay again when we return.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. We liked the location, the sea view from our room, and the pool. Breakfast was great, with omelets to order. However, the rooms really need screens on the windows. Mosquitoes attacked us every night, and some other kind of bug bit us numerous times on the face. The bumps on our faces were still there a week later. Having to put all the toilet paper in the basket is a nuisance, but the staff was at least good about emptying the basket every day, and I heard another guest complain about a clogged toilet resulting from putting TP in it. We had lunch around the pool several times and it was a nice experience. We also ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, and it was just as good as the other restaurants on the "strip" and no more expensive. Due to an emergency at home, we had to leave a day early, and even though we had paid in advance, they refunded the payment for the one night. I'd go back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

They make you pay in advance for the full stay. In my case, fourteen days. When I woke up with terrible bites each morning and had to ask for the filthy blanket to be changed and had no rest because of the very loud music playing from early morning until late at night I had to leave. I was told I would only get my money back if they rented the room to someone else. I showed them my feet which were swollen and infected with large open sores necessitating a trip to a doctor and medicine. The concierge shouted at me and called me a liar. Very rude, very unpleasant.
I had to find somewhere else while falling over tired and with sore feet and no money. A hard beginning to my holiday in a strange place with no help.
I spent my last day in Dahab with the tourist police who made them pay up.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Caren404
When inquiring for reservation Ms Caren asked for room with specifications (quite, upper floor) that were NOT available any more at time of inquiry due to high occuption of the hotel during new year's festive season. It was hence recommended to her (direct email correspondence with the hotel) NOT to book the last vacancy (a ground floor room located right beside Dahab's beach walk way) because the room would not meet her requirements. Against that advise and to our surpise Ms Caren insisted on booking that room - only to announce just days after arrival that the room was not meeting her requirements (!). As that room was occupied until the very day of Ms Caren's arrival by perfectly happy guest (who wished to stay longer) and as well after her departure it can be doubted that there were any kind of "bugs" at that room. Needless to say that a house with this reputation can't afford a bug-issue and as a star rated hotel Christina Hotels is regularly visited by an obligatory pest control company.
Despite being confronted with obviously false accusations the hotel fairly offered to refund the room rate for every of the cancelled nights that the room could be rented. As promised the full amount of the cancelled nights – less only one night which the room stayed un-rented - were refunded to Ms. Caren without any further discussions.
We greatly regret that the hotel’s owner proper and fair handling of the matter has obviously not been appreciated by this guest at all.
wilts,uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Would happily stay here again should we visit Dahab again
We were there for the rainy season which happened I think on the 29th December and lasted for approx 15 hours, great fun watching people so unprepared for rain in the main street & the way everyone coped.
Food at the Hotel Sea front restaurant was excellent & reasonably priced as was most places we ate out at in Dahab

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

This was a good mid range choice with friendly staff and good facilities in an excellent location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

I stayed at the Christina Beach Palace Hotel for two nights during late November and paid about €45 per persoh in a double-room for the entire stay, bed and breakfast.

The hotel is clean and nicely decorated, and very well-located both for transport (walk to the bus station takes about 25 minutes and taxi will cost about 5 LE per person in a taxi) and local amenities. The sea-front is less than 50 metres away.

Hot water was available all day, and although it was salty, the power shower was strong and I have no complaints about anything at the hotel. The staff was helpful and they could tell you about trips available or just the logistics of getting from one place to another. Pretty good breakfast (hot and cold food, with omelette and pancakes on demand, and free wi-fi throughout the hotel, and a free terminal at the lobby.

All in all, good value-for-money. I hear from my friends that the Christina Residence across the street wasn't as nice, however.

Didn't it at the restaurant as it looked a little pricey.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends