“Great atmosphere with helpful crew”

Alf Leila Boutique Hotel.
Ranked #4 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Dahab
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I visited Alf Leila for a couple of days on May, it's simply relaxing with a taste of cozyness and friendly atmosphere.
It's located near the sea (2 mins walk), breakfast includes vouchers from Alf Leila bakery. The crew is so helpful and friendly. The rooms are always clean and I like how they named them after spices :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank MiDaZZ

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed at the Alf Leila for a week We wish it had been longer and had a wonderful time there. we have stayed at other hotels in Eygpt and found the Alf Leila to be simply so much superior in every way. The hotel is quaint, and full of atmospher, The room was very spacious. our beds very comfortable. The air conditioned was perfect. The shower size and pressure were just great. There is a refrigerator in the room, which cooled the wine down lol There is a bakery next door where you can buy food, and have breackfast included in the price. Everyone at the hotel, from the guests (mostly freedivers or and scuba divers), Alf Leila for anyone going to Dahab, looking for a comfortable, affordable, boutique type hotel experience, with a beautiful arabian style decor surrounded by friendly faces this hotel is a must

Room Tip: we stayed in the Vannila room Perfecto
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank karen p
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at the Alf Leila for a whole month this past spring (april-may 2014) and had a wonderful time there. I have stayed at other hotels in Dahab and found the place to be simply superior in every way. The hotel is quaint, beautifully decorated and very quite. The room was very spacious. My bed was very comfortable. I had absolutely NO mosquito issues (although I made sure to keep windows and doors closed at all times). The air conditioned was perfect. The shower size and pressure were just great. There is a refrigerator in the room, which I did not use. Mo, the hotel manager was always there for me, no matter what time (I locked myself out once in the middle of the night and he came immediately to let me in). One thing I really liked about the Alf Leila is that the hotel makes sure not to let street cats in, which in my opinion makes the hotel much more hygienic than most hotels in Dahab. There is a bakery next door where you can buy food, water etc., if you don't feel like going to town. I also cannot brag enough about the modest price I paid to stayed there - very affordable. Everyone at the hotel, from the guests (mostly freedivers), to the staff were extremely friendly. I loved that after about 2 days everyone knew each other by first name (The hotel only has seven rooms, all of which have a different "personality." Some have balconies, bathtubs, etc. I stayed in "ginger").

So I would wholeheartedly recommend the Alf Leila for anyone going to Dahab, looking for a comfortable, affordable, boutique type hotel experience, with a beautiful arabian style decor surrounded by friendly faces.

Room Tip: Ginger is super quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank JVega123
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Me and a group of friends visited Dahab in January. It wasn't exactly what we were expecting when we pulled up (we were told by a member of the group we were staying at another hotel.)
However this hotel turned out to be the best place for us! The small quirkiness of it was very inviting and we never felt like we weren't wanted.
Mohamed (the manger) was absolutely lovely! He was so friendly and helped us out with everything! He told us about prices by taxi to places and organised day events for us! He also has the most adorable little kitty, Daisy Doo! She's very friendly and playful but becareful of her claws hehe!
The price for our overall stay was brilliant!
Im so glad we stayed here in the end as it made out holiday! If we ever go back, I will definitely be coming back here :)

Thank you to Mohamed and Daisy for making our holiday!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shreenie07
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Lovely haven in dahab city- brilliant access to the main promenade by the sea (2 minute walk) and to dive centres and sites. Once inside though, it is blissfully quiet, with rooms opening onto a beautiful courtyard with floor cushions for collapsing on to after a days diving. The staff are extremely helpful, from exchanging currency to recommending good local restaurants (try Sea Bride!) Breakfast is at the lovely bakery next door. Highly recommend and I hope we'll come back!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Jesshols
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Nice to be slightly away from the front and the atmosphere in the early evening in the front of the hotel, in the reception and small courtyard was very relaxed and scented with candles/incense. Each room is named after a different spice. Apart from an occasional late night howl from neighbourhood dogs, and the odd motorbike, it was perfect for unwinding. It is a gentle walk to the sea (turn left for a peaceful perambulation of the front, turn right for hassle alley). Bakery next door is great. From time to time, groups of Free Divers stay. The GM Mohamed Wereida is v helpful and caring and can fix a driver, dive or advise generally on whatever suits you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have just come back from staying in Alf Leila and already miss it! The Morroccan style hotel was absolutely beautiful, and the general manager Mohammad made the place even lovelier. I would recommend this hotel to anyone as its a fab place to stay in, with a five minute walk to the beaches and lots of restaurants. Would give more than 5 if I could.

Room Tip: I stayed in Vanilla which was beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family