WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Cute rooms, great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alf Leila Boutique Hotel.

Alf Leila Boutique Hotel.
Ranked #6 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Dahab
London
“Cute rooms, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have spent a week at Alf Leila. We originally booked 3 nights, but extended it for a further 4 nigts as we had such a good time. The staff are really friendly and helpful, especially Mohammed. The rooms are clean, and very well presented. It's located about 5 mins walk from the promenade (and all of Masbat's restaurants etc). We were heading down to the lagoon area to windsurf most days so the location of this hotel was great for getting a taxi to head down there (taxis about 20 LE). Breakfast at the bakery next door was also really good. Wealso ghad good coffee and played pool at the cafe down the road. We stayed in both a suite and a double room. Both had space for storage and a good sized bathroom.

Room Tip: Some rooms aremcloser to the main road. It may be worth asking to avoid these as traffic starts to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank kazp02

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Amazing time in Dahab in a beautiful hotel! Clean rooms and bathrooms, beautiful bed sheets, complimentary coffee and tea in our room (we took the Sultan Suite, the super cute and romantic room perfect for couples) Also the hotel has coffee / tea corner that is avaiable for all the guests and it's free of charge! We really had a wonderful time in Dahab and this little beautiful and full of charm hotel was the best choice ever. We're definitely coming back!

Room Tip: no swimming pool but there is a dipping pool which gives you quite good refreshment on a hot day. My...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sani K
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

what a great place,

we had a great holiday in Dahab it was the best in the last 5 yrs, i would like to tell every one that i been travling for more then 20 yrs and tahst i best place i ever been 2 ,

Great place
Great Stuff
Great food
looking for to go back this coming Xmas with few ppl from great Australia......see u sooooooooooooooon guys,

All the Best,

Alex Brocque

Room Tip: Ask for Moss the owner and let him chose for u
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Abdellatif E
Washington, D.C Metro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Ok I was looking around all over andd this is one of the best hotels period. You will assume it's one of the most expensive too because of it's location, design and accommodations.

I am a freediver of the bluehole and was with other freedivers too looking for a place to stay because we took the instructor course with Freedive Dahab. We got a nice deal per room and because we had such a good time all freedivers will have a very NICE room rate going forward.

Perhaps the best part of the stay was the staff, including Saif the manager. They are all cool people. If you need them to cook for you they have a nice kitchen and dining area that can be used! Or , if you want them to cook food for you they can do too just tell them what you would want and the price will be good also.

I'll be back and will stay there a month next time with a special monthly rate!

P.S. After a day's diving please enjoy the Bedouin lounge arranged with nice sofa matts where you can relax with some shisha!

Room Tip: I was able to get permanant Freediver Rates 4 all!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Kranj, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Me and my friend were at this hotel 3 weeks. We are wery satisfied with the clean nice rooms. The staff is sooo friendly. The best hotel in Dahab.The prices are one of the lowest! :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AndrejR
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

Alf Leila is a truly beautiful hotel. It is clean and comfortable and the staff are very helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Uppsala, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

I am writing this review with mixed feelings. The Alf Leila is a beautiful hotel and the hospitality of the management and staff is amazing. What is lacking for this hotel to become a very good one is the small things, the touches that make the difference. I call it professionalism. To stay in the Alf Leila sometimes reminded me more of visiting a friend (you know where the coffee is-thing), rather than staying in a hotel.

Some examples: the coffee and tea-service is free for the guests, but the tray in my room was never filled during my nine nights stay. Normally, I expect that what is taken is replaced the next day, but nothing happend. Furthermore, no change of sheets in nine nights. No cleaning in fridays without someone telling me. No cleaning the day I happend to need my room for the exact ten minutes when it was time for it to be cleaned. I walked to the beach and expected the room to be done when I got back. It was not.

The design of the hotel is very relaxing and things are reasonably clean. In the website it is stated: 'All [room] have access to a private balcony or the beautiful courtyard'. My room (Mint) was pretty small (esp. for a nine nights stay) and did not have a private balcony or any outdoor privacy at all. As a woman travelling alone, I sometimes felt the need for somewhere to sit outdoors, in my swiming suit or having a beer. I did not feel comfortable doing these things in the (amazing) public area of the hotel, mainly out of respect for culture. Other guests who share these 'needs' with me, make sure that you will have a balcony room.

As for the breakfast, the continental is quite ok (god bread!). But the staff are willing to offer you an Egyptian breakfast (no extra charge, they would not let me!) and now we are talking! Lots of salads, falaffel, fresh Egyptian bread in the Arabic surroundings. Very nice indeed!

The AC, fridge, water and toilet worked very well. The Wifi is free and can sometimes be unpredictable, but it was never down for a whole day. There are face masks, snorkles and fins to borrow for free.

The next door bakery is ideal for picking up a sandwich for lunch or having real Italian coffee. Mabye a bit expensive, but very convinient. There is a bazar where you can by water etc just across the road. The traffic did not disturb me. The mosquitos are terrible. Bring your own net!

The Alf Leila has no pool. That's a misprint in the Lonely Planet.

The reason why I would not recommend this hotel is that I know that most of my friends would lack the privacy, which I lacked. It is not that I think the hotel is bad.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank AnneliUppsala_Sweden
Ummsalma, Manager at Alf Leila Boutique Hotel., responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Thank you very much for the review. Since April 2011, Alf Leila has been under new management. We've looked through the comments on Trip Advisor and they've been really useful in deciding where we need to make changes. We've taken on board everything you have written - however, needless to say most of these things we had implemented before reading these comments!! Of course it is very important that coffee/tea is refilled daily. We also clean the rooms daily, refill the minibar and change the sheets every 2/3 days or at the customer's request.

You are right indeed that Mint has no private balcony and that the hotel doesn't have an area for private sunbathing. You are right that culturally it is not quite right to do so in the public areas of the hotel but please do ask us for local info & the best places to relax in the town. There are busy places and quieter places --- and places very close where you can relax with a beer by the sea.

The Lonely Planet is not wrong in saying that we have a pool -- we have a dip pool in the courtyard. However it seems that previous managers of Alf Leila did not have it functioning as such.

Hopefully one day you might decide to come back and see how we, the new managers, are doing.

Kind regards & happy travels.