“Best view and best diving in Dahab”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Beach Club

Blue Beach Club
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
“Best view and best diving in Dahab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

There are many lovely little hotel/resorts on the coast in Dahab. This one is perfectly positioned just a few minutes north of the centre of town, which means that it is near the shops etc but wonderfully quiet. Great bars overlooking the sea. The hotel itself has lovely clean stylish rooms, with bedouin courtyard and hammocks! The staff are very friendly.
I stayed with my brother for a diving holiday, but it would be great for family and kids too.
If you're into diving, you couldn't do much better. Khaled the dive master is a bit of a legend around those parts, and he knows all the best routes. Dive staff are excellent, and fun. The dive centre is part of the resort and is about 2 minutes' walk from 'Lighthouse' one way and 'Eel garden' the other.
Dahab is SO much nicer than Sharm el sheikh, and this place is about as good as it gets.

Room Tip: The separate block behind the main centre doesn't have sea views, but it is very comfortable and...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nick B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Gloucestershire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Yes, we've stayed here before. It's not a plush, posh, anonymous hotel. It's relatively basic but very comfortable place, with no pretensions. It’s functional, it's clean (that counts for a great deal, in my mind) and it does the job. The beds are comfortable, the linen is clean, the breakfast is OK, the air conditioning is there, the location is just great (a short walk from the main dive centres and restaurants in town) and the welcome is warm.

The staff are friendly but professional. We're recognised but familiarity has not bred contempt - we're still treated courteously and well.

The pool area is clean and tidy.
If you want plush carpets, service at the wave of a hand , don't stay here. If you want good value, calm service available when you need it, stay here. We like it.

Blue Beach is good value and I'm sure that we’ll book again, for our next visit (hopefully later this year).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SlamJL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Blue beach is a super-friendly, pretty hotel with excellent location! You can find everything here what you can wish for! There is a swimming pool, pub, diving center, Arabic language school, spa, a beautiful yoga room and organized trips to the desert. Our room was clean and comfortable but we only spent time there while sleeping. The staff takes care of you as a friend not like a customer! I hope to return very soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank N0raA12
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Placed perfectly on Dahab's Golden coast line, Blue beach is a chilled out, openhearted and beautiful place to break. The staff are welcoming and always around for a chat or indeed to tell of the numerous experiences they offer; diving, dinner in the desert and some of the most amazing massages i've ever had! The furry cup, blue beaches bar is always buzzing with laughter and the fumes of shisha whilst the food is fresh and lovely. I return to blue beach every visit to dahab and as a result have many starrey eyes and action packed memories. Visit at your own peril however beacause once you stay, you may never want to leave!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel was booked as part of a package with my dive school. Was very pleased with the accommodation, the room was clean and in good condition, I didn't have a sea view but then I was spending all day in it. Breakfast was simple but plentiful, I didn't eat there for lunch or the dinner so can't comment. There beach bar was never packed but my instructors told me it is always popular with the locals. The hotel's location is 5 mins walk from the main waterfront. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RabMac87
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Blue Beach Club has possibly the decent Arabic language school ajourned to the hotel in the entire Sinai peninsular. Since my ambition for leaning the Egyptian Arabic since 2011, at this time I chose to go to Dahab instead of Cairo (I studied in Cairo in Nov.2012), because my family weren't happy about if I go to Cairo as single traveller. My main concern was that if my study could be distrusted due to the nature of place... Blue sky, crystal clear sea, golden mountains! Well, which did a bit though... To my surprise, I can't tell you how wonderful teachers I've learnt from!!! As there weren't nobody at my level, I was offered half of class time but private lessons. This was perfectly worked well for me! Madam Suad who taught me very patiently, yet she was
strict. Her vast knowledge of the language and humidity which I immensely grateful and gravely still I miss from here in London!

My class was in the morning hours, so I have almost full day to take a walk with fellow student or doing my homework at our very blight, spacious restaurant. Foods & services are very good, my breakfast table was spreaded with fruit salad with yogurt, salads, coffee and beautiful either pancake or omelet on request! Try flesh melon, tomato & luncheon omelet! Aparrently I was the
first guest to ask flesh melon omelet. Well you can be creative as you like, 'cause BBC staffs are all nothing too much trouble for them, they are all so, so charming people.

Regarding my room, I stayed room 206 for 1 week, then the hotel allocated me to room 207A for the rest of 2 weeks as the air conditioning wasn't warking well in 206, which was mended after I've moved out. Care takers were very co-operstive and take swift action, however, as some of
past guests mentioned, general maintenance such as paint, balcony condition (to be fair though the hardy weather bring the desert sand particles within overnight!), and also I have voiced there when I was staying, and the head of care taker said this he was going to raise to the management.

One of past reviewers mentioned the tightness of balcony door which I believe this prevent the sands to come in the bedroom. However, balcony door/window locks should be more maintained.

The view from my room was awesome to see the sea of Aqaba with gorgeous mountains of Saudi as a backdrop! Overall, my stay at the Blue Beach Hotel was one of top 3 from my several
Middle eastern trips to the date, I still really miss my fabulous teachers, beautiful hearted staffs!
I will definitely go back there when my piggy bank become full again !!! Hinako 'Zeinab' Walter from North London, United Kingdom

Room Tip: Be clear about your preference & reason why. And do not hesitate ask change a room if you are no...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We came by recommendation, our friends just love the place. We´ve got room 202, with a very dirty bathroom that didnt get cleaned before we moved in. We asked the cleaning staff to take care of it, but even then it was still filthy (the shower has not be cleaned properly for a long time I guess). The floor in the room was sticky and gave you black feet within minutes of walking barefoot. The walls could need fresh paint as it peels off already. The balcony was dirty, impossible to sit on the dust-covered chairs. No mosquito net, we killed about 10 of them before going to bed. Comfy bed though! Got woken up a 8:12 by the washing mashine rumbling above us (seems to be directly above room 202, do not take this one!). Breakfast so so, for 375LE per night per room I do expect fresh juices and a bigger variety. Pool and bar at the beach are nice. Good massages. Overall, compared with the cheap places in Dahab like Sindbad for 50 LE room per night Blue Beach Club is way to expensive for what they offer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dahab2008, General Manager at Blue Beach Club, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
We are saddened to read that you found the room poor and that it did not meet your standards.
We feel it would have been good to mention that you stayed one night only. Unfortunately you didn’t mention anything to the reception about the fact that you were not satisfied with the room. If you would have informed them straight away (you checked in around 09:15 am), they could have offered you another room or could have taken any other necessary actions.
Breakfast is served on a buffet base and is also based on the occupancy of the hotel. This means that we put enough on the buffet for the amount of guests in house. Again if you would have asked one of the restaurant’s staff, they would have been more than happy to fulfill your needs. Fresh juices are available at extra cost, during the breakfast hours.