“Will stay again”
Review of Blue Beach Club

Blue Beach Club
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the appartment which was excellent clean had everything we needed.All the staff are helpful.The location is great no problem getting a taxi.Food is good.Dahab is quiet no problems or issues.We will book again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here five nights.

Pros:
- Nice location right on the water, short walk to Lighthouse area, cheap taxis available right outside the hotel to travel elsewhere

-Security guard on duty at night

-Great restaurant, two bars (one on the beach, the other connected to the hotel) and a sheesha tent on premises

-Nice poolside area, but can get crowded

-Clean rooms

-Daily yoga classes in shala on premises (highly recommend Brigit's class)

-Great massage / spa services on premises (Carrie was terrific)

Cons:

-The staff mishandled my booking. I was charged full price despite a booking email from the manager offering me a discounted rate. This was partially resolved after an annoying amount of back-and-forth and I was still overcharged for three nights (I gave up eventually because I didn't have time to make my travel connections and deal with resolving this).

-The first few nights I stayed in a lovely room on the second floor of the building facing the sea. I extended my stay and they moved me to a dark room in a corner on the ground floor. The price for both rooms was the same.

-In general, I felt the prices were too high in comparison with other places to stay in Dahab.

Tips:

Definitely negotiate your room rate in advance and bring a copy of the email when you check-in. The desk staff is very junior and have little authority to handle this on their own.

Note on security:
I was somewhat hesitant to travel to Dahab given the recent security concerns in the Sinai. I had no problems whatsoever, and felt this was overblown once I arrived and talked to a wide range of travelers and locals. I took the East Delta bus direct from Cairo, which took about 8 hours. There were a few checkpoints where we had to show identification, but the trip was otherwise easy and uneventful. I then took a local taxi to Nuweiba and the ferry to Aqaba in Jordan with no problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor of the building that faces the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank J H
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Dahab is our most favourite place in Egypt, like many others we come here as often as we can. Such a great place to get away, and feel relaxed, unpressured and safe! We love the strip of shops and beachside restaurants and cafes where you can chill out any time of the day early til late. The snorkelling is awesome, you can hire bikes, horseride, you can do as much or as little as you feel like. Blue Beach was great - lots of facilities, the dive centre, and lovely restaurant and bar right next to the beach and we snorkelled straight off the beach too. Nice pool, helpful staff. The room doors/locks could do with an upgrade, we found them difficult to open/shut plus the balcony door barely latched so was very easy to get left unlocked.

Room Tip: Upstairs seaview room lovely outlook.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We just got back from a weeks stay (May 2013) here.

The hotel is perfect if you want to be close to everything but secluded enough to be able to "get away from it all" if the hustle and bustle of downtown Dahab becomes too much. We wanted a holiday where we could do more than lie on the beach and a hotel that wasn't a resort but where we could feel the country. We got exactly what we asked for.

The staff were helpful and friendly, chatting with them was as much a part of the trip as anything. You certainly don't disappear in the crowd at this hotel. The rooms are not fancily or abundantly decorated, they are clean and have what you need - beds, a bathroom and in our case a balcony. We had air condition which we greatly appreciated. The on-site restaurant served excellent food and we ended up eating there mainly.

Situated between the two town reefs of Lighthouse and Eel Garden this offers snorklers (us) the possibiilty to choose when and where to snorkel, as Lighthouse was accessible even in windy conditions whilst Eel Garden was for calm conditions only. Lighthouse being so close it was even possible to snorkel before breakfast.

The riding was fantastic too. Linda is compassionate and knowledgable about and around horses and our trip up one of the wadis was amazing.

As for the town itself - we walked the seafront strip every evening and even after 6 days of " no thank you"s to the same guys trying to get you to eat at their restaurants or buy from their shops they still smiled every single time we passed. This is very different than the "grab and haul" tactics used in other areas of the country. Even the taxi drivers would just accept a "no thanks" and find another passenger.

As other reviewers have mentioned ATMs, pharmacys and shops are close to the hotel so there is a feeling of being part of ordinary town life as well, when you live here. Town life also includes dogs and cats everywhere and the occasional herd of goats in the street.

We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went with my stunning blonde 20 year old daughter to the Blue Beach between 6-14 April. We did everything on offer, yoga, massage, diving, climbed up Mount Sinai and climbed down again, ate at all the restaurants in "the Strip", smoked shisha pipe and had a wonderful time. The staff can't do enough to help you. The food is OK (we are both foodies so difficult to please). Go for the steak if you want "delicious". Beds are very "firm" and somehow we did have mosquito bites. No wifi in rooms so great hardship to sit in bar with beer and the ipad. Don't take out anything larger than £20 notes as no-one can change £50s. Dahab is great value. We didn't get molested although persistent shopkeepers are a pain. Girls are perfectly safe and I would go back like a shot. No sign of political unrest and tragic that negative media has reduced tourist trade to Dahab by 50%. This is their main livelihood. Use it or lose it.

Room Tip: We were in 102 and there was a service corridor behind us which made for noisy mornings. Otherwise...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Dahab is a very quiet place. People are almost very kind with foreigners. Gentlyness is very frequent. The restaurants are very beautifull all in front of the see. We were most served from very welkomming people and the food is first quality,
The see is in the area from south to north of Dahab is incredible. Easy to go in water. Very easy and wonderful for kids to young to dive.
I love to pass a week ore more with my family in Dahab and specially in the Blus Beach. I don't think one seconde to go in an other Hotel.
The place is some times very windy. Great for windsport, but not so good for the other people.
But when the weather is quiet, it's paradise. The scenery is just magnificent.
You can go there smoothly.

Room Tip: I prefere the rooms in the oldest part of the hotel, front of the see.Its so beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, great location and lovely pool and beach bar. Rooms are neat, nothing to write home about but certainly very comfortable and great value.

The breakfast is the greatest area of potential: it's a little unimaginative: could be more variety of fruit and yoghurt and bread. But the 'breakfast box' (take away breakfast if you're leaving for an excursion too early to have breakfast at the hotel) is a nice service offered by all hotels in Dahab, and when we compared ours to others' on our excursion, ours was quite disappointing (dry roll, a bit of honey/jam, a little soft cheese, a yoghurt with no spoon and an orange). Ha! I felt like the poorest kid at school lunch break.

Service was a mixed bag: some people were excellent, others less than helpful. But overall, a nice place, convenient location in the fantastic diving town that is Dahab.

• Stayed: April 2013