“Nice and easy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahab
Jasmine Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 28 Dahab B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2013

These guys are doing a good work. You feel like family. Good music. Not in the big rush of tourists. Nice cats. Behind the penson you find supermarkets, Fallafel, Barbier, etc,
Food is nice. The dive house nearby has all the infos you need for diving. very competent (Alex!) .

Room Tip: If you have one of the the seaside rooms everythings perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Volker R

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We enjoyed of 7 days stay at this very well located hotel in Dahab in a more quiet area of the waterfront. Service was excellent in every catagory. Staff seem to be well trained to be friendly and professional. Our "sea view" room was clean and very pleasant. Wifi internet worked without a glitch day and night. The restaurant right on the beach was a place where you wanted to spend long hours as a sea of cushions made you feel like a pacha! Food was very good and the breakfeasts included in the rate of the room were excellent. The hotel hosts a divers center, but that didn't intrude with the "zen" atmosphere we were looking for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PierreD861
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Tito was exceptional in arranging trip into Giza and museum last minute - we couldn't have done it without him!! He arranged our own private driver in Giza and also an expert to accompany us to museum. He arranged scuba for us also.

Room Tip: Ask Tio, he ca arrange for you the impossible
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

_ Mohammed, is the reason i writting a comment. :-) I stayd 25 days on my own in room number 6. The wifi is working! If you planing to stay there,? Do as you like. If you prever snorkling and freediving, its near the ilands, (like 7min walk) or to north to the lighthous (7min walk) when its windy and there are waves, lighthouse is the place to be for diving. February is good for outa water experience, when you snorkel you better buy or rent a wetsuit, and you wont feel any cold at all. Guys you showed me somthing in my holiday....

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

It is a week going back to my country. In this week, I often remind of happy time in Jasmine, in Dahab.
In fact, before I came to Dahab, I knowed nothing about Jasmine hotel. It is a driver who told me about Jasmine. He said it was a good place, with good price, clean house, good location, and so on. When I heard this, I didnt trust him completely. But when I looked at the hotel, just a glance, I loved it. The driver was right! So I decided to live here immediately. I lived here for six days. It is so comfortable to make me cancel the plan to Alexander. When I had to leave Dahab, I was sad.
I love the Jasmine's comfortable room, with a big bed, with hot water for shower, with a balcony, etc. And most wonderful thing is I can see the sea view from the window! It is a good experience for me.
I love the restaurant of Jasmine hotel also. It is a open space. You can sit there to eat your meal, and watch the sea, experience the sea breeze, bask in the sun! So wonderful! By the way, food is good. I like the sea food rice. It is the best I have eaten.
The guys working in the Jasmine hotel are friendly. They are so nice. If you have any question, you can tell them to help you. They are good men. Especially, the manager, TITO, is a responsible and warm man. He can help you resolve many troubles you met if you let him know.
Now my heart is going back to Jasmine, going back to Dahab. I am waiting in hope going back there.

ps: Maybe, TITO, you will see these words. Thank you again. And will you see your pictures? It is for you.

Room Tip: I lived in the room 1. I loved it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I came to Egypt two years ago and stumbled upon Jasmine. We stayed for a week and had a great time. We came back two years later and stayed for another week, and again had a great time. My wife and I never had problems with Jasmine or with Tito, despite some of the negative reviews on this website. And if you look around you might wonder why there are both really positive and really negative reviews pretty much for every hotel and restaurant in Dahab. Well people this is Egypt so people don't hand things to you on a silver platter. If you want to travel in places like Egypt you have to travel smart, do your homework and use your common sense.

The whole economy in Dahab is dependent on tourists and divers. If you decide to travel there during high season, expect to face some hiccups and inconvenience, just like how you would traveling in Germany or England during high season. And if you plan to go there during low season, there is no need to book things in advance and you can go there and scout around, see the rooms and find the best bargain. So don't complain about booking in advance and finding a cheaper place elsewhere later. Unless you don't mind paying more to stay at the Hilton, you cannot expect a budget or mid-range hotel to give you a massive discount and hold the room for you with no deposit and take the risk of you not showing up the day of. A lot of these hotels are small, family run, with only a handful of rooms and Egyptians work there and not being able to rent out a room for a few days makes a big difference to them. There are lots of hotels in Dahab so lots of competition. If you show up last minute and there is a room available in one of the hotels, they will give it to you as long as they make a buck on the hotel just so they can pay their staff.

The reason I went back to Jasmine is that they have good accommodation with a nice view of the ocean. It is central in Dahab but at the same time a bit off the busier strip of restaurants. The young staff are hardworking and courteous. The hotel has a nice restaurant next to the sea as well. Most importantly, it is attached to a great dive center called Divers' House. We did our Open Water and Advance training there and they gave us discounts all the way through and treated us with the courtesy of repeat customers. I am sure that there are other dive centers in Dahab that will do the same but my wife and I went to Jasmine/Divers house enough times that we built a good relationship with these folks. We feel that we can go back there any time in the future and be treated like family again.

Overall, I would highly recommend Jasmine and Divers House and hope you find this review helpful!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_Bug_Will
Reviewed December 29, 2012

First of all, I would like to mention that I stayed at Jasmine Pension for 25 nights in November 2012. I am Canadian, 27 years old.

Why did I stay 25 nights? BECAUSE I LOVE IT! This place is just amazing and the staff is incredibly warm. Every single evening spent there is a memory. You can either be a lonely traveller or a couple looking for good time, you just found your spot!

Rooms:

The hotel itself is very clean and the rooms offer a great value for budget travellers to mid-range ones. The rooms are soooo cozy and comfortable. Every one has a comfortable bed (or 2, depending), TV Satellite with The Movie Network, nice bathrooms with fresh (hot or cold) water and A/C. Some of them have one of the most amazing view of Dahab from the balcony right in front of the ocean which are romantic. I surely recommend them for couples!

Restaurant:

On the other side of the walking strip, facing the ocean, the magnificent 2-floors Restaurant has a stunning view over the Red Sea and the town itself. Honnestly, once you sit your butt on one of their comfortable cushions right on the ground, you want to spend the rest of your life lying there without moving at all! The menu offers a wide choice of local and international dishes, including kofta, kebab, chicken breast, stuffed pigeons, spagetthi, lasagna, pizza, etc. Everyone would be satisfied with the food. You can also ask for beer (Heineken, Stella, etc.) and vegetarian meals as well.

Staff:

I think that the people working there is part of the experience itself. A HUGE THANK to TITO, the manager of the hotel. He was very helpful in a lot of things, helping me for transportations from/to the airport situated one hour driving from Dahab. He can also arrange any trip/safari you want to do there, I'll explain later. Anytime you have a problem, he tries his best to fix it up. I just finished reading some other reviews about this hotel and I'm disgusted about the one from ''deepsteep''. I know Tito for a long time. He is an honest man who works hard at work and gives his best every day of his life. When I read the the guy felt scewed up for a taxi at 20 Egyptian Pounds (3 US $), I cant stop thinking that this guy doesn't know Egypt at all. You always have the choice in Dahab to take a local taxi (pick-up for 5 pounds for local people, 10 for tourists). If you ask for a private taxi, for sure you will pay more because it's more safe and there will be no other passenger. It's logical. And who would be enough stupid to create an issue over 3$ ?

TITO is the best and I will remember the great service he provided me with for the rest of my life. Thanks also to all the staff who was very helpful everyday.

Trips/safaris:

From the hotel, you can book tours for a very cheap price:

- Safari to the White Canyon, Couloured Canyon, Narrow Canyon! Impressive!
- One or two nights in a bedouin camp (oasis).
- Mt. Ste-Katherine (Mont Moise) and the oldest church in the world.
- Petra (Jordan)
-Jerusalem (Israel)
- Motocross in the desert
- Quad (4x4) in the desert.
- And much more.....

Thanks for everything Jasmine Pension & Restaurant.

***** To people who are scared to go in Egypt because of the political situation, you are wrong. South Sinai is VERY SAFE. I'd rather walking alone at night in Dahab than in New York city....

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo