“I could'nt be more satisfied! Thanks”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahab
Jasmine Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 29 Dahab B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2012

First of all, I would like to mention that I stayed at Jasmine Pension for 25 nights in November 2012. I am Canadian, 27 years old.

Why did I stay 25 nights? BECAUSE I LOVE IT! This place is just amazing and the staff is incredibly warm. Every single evening spent there is a memory. You can either be a lonely traveller or a couple looking for good time, you just found your spot!

Rooms:

The hotel itself is very clean and the rooms offer a great value for budget travellers to mid-range ones. The rooms are soooo cozy and comfortable. Every one has a comfortable bed (or 2, depending), TV Satellite with The Movie Network, nice bathrooms with fresh (hot or cold) water and A/C. Some of them have one of the most amazing view of Dahab from the balcony right in front of the ocean which are romantic. I surely recommend them for couples!

Restaurant:

On the other side of the walking strip, facing the ocean, the magnificent 2-floors Restaurant has a stunning view over the Red Sea and the town itself. Honnestly, once you sit your butt on one of their comfortable cushions right on the ground, you want to spend the rest of your life lying there without moving at all! The menu offers a wide choice of local and international dishes, including kofta, kebab, chicken breast, stuffed pigeons, spagetthi, lasagna, pizza, etc. Everyone would be satisfied with the food. You can also ask for beer (Heineken, Stella, etc.) and vegetarian meals as well.

Staff:

I think that the people working there is part of the experience itself. A HUGE THANK to TITO, the manager of the hotel. He was very helpful in a lot of things, helping me for transportations from/to the airport situated one hour driving from Dahab. He can also arrange any trip/safari you want to do there, I'll explain later. Anytime you have a problem, he tries his best to fix it up. I just finished reading some other reviews about this hotel and I'm disgusted about the one from ''deepsteep''. I know Tito for a long time. He is an honest man who works hard at work and gives his best every day of his life. When I read the the guy felt scewed up for a taxi at 20 Egyptian Pounds (3 US $), I cant stop thinking that this guy doesn't know Egypt at all. You always have the choice in Dahab to take a local taxi (pick-up for 5 pounds for local people, 10 for tourists). If you ask for a private taxi, for sure you will pay more because it's more safe and there will be no other passenger. It's logical. And who would be enough stupid to create an issue over 3$ ?

TITO is the best and I will remember the great service he provided me with for the rest of my life. Thanks also to all the staff who was very helpful everyday.

Trips/safaris:

From the hotel, you can book tours for a very cheap price:

- Safari to the White Canyon, Couloured Canyon, Narrow Canyon! Impressive!
- One or two nights in a bedouin camp (oasis).
- Mt. Ste-Katherine (Mont Moise) and the oldest church in the world.
- Petra (Jordan)
-Jerusalem (Israel)
- Motocross in the desert
- Quad (4x4) in the desert.
- And much more.....

Thanks for everything Jasmine Pension & Restaurant.

***** To people who are scared to go in Egypt because of the political situation, you are wrong. South Sinai is VERY SAFE. I'd rather walking alone at night in Dahab than in New York city....

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel in a nice room with sea view. Not too luxurious but still a nice and clean place with air condition and Wifi and all in all not too expensive. The stuff treated me kindly and the food was delicious compared to other places in Egypt. When going to this place you will come as a guest and leave as a friend. If you are searching for a calm but cheap place i would highly recommend this hotel.

The only sad thing is that you cannot go to swim in the sea in front of the hotel, you have to go to another place which you can choose and which is not far away from the hotel. Tito, the manager, will arrange everything for you. You can even go to other trips like a Bedouin dinner in the mountains or travel to any other place. Everything will be arranged for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We got to Dahab blind and we stumbled upon this place. Their offer was nicer than some we had seen. The staff hospitable, the rooms clean and air-conditioned which, is not a priority since you're probably there for the nice refreshing sea air, which you get a lot of thanks to the location, but it's nice to have a little escape from the hot sun in the middle of the day after a morning swimming or snorkeling (which you can ALSO do practically in front of the hotel).

We were very impressed with the laid back hospitality of the staff and the the quality of the food for breakfast (included in our offer) as well as other meals.

Although no place is perfect, the staff had everything covered and the beauty, friendliness and price were good enough to have a great holiday away from it all.

Oh and they have fresh water in their plumbing, not salt water.......something important. :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is the first negative review I have ever written as normally put up with a lot.
But the person there called Tito was too much he promised a room a view of ocean with WiFi in room and Hotel was in center of the resort for a certain price.
He asked us to pay 20EP for taxi which is 4 times more than normal and he showed us a small room at back of hotel with no WiFi and no ocean view. He then went on to explain that hotel has ocean views but not the room claiming a misunderstanding.

We then had to walk to center of town and found a place for almost 1/2 price with WiFi in room.

Lessons learnt
- do your home work before you arrive on prices etc.
- don't go with touts
- when they say - My Friend - Its danger sign
- find your own place before you arrive or find a place by walking and looking your self.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Management-343
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I spend a week in Jasmine. I like it, rooms are clean and nice.There was wonderful view from my balcony and there is restorant besides hotel where you csn relax at the evening.Tito, the managere of hotel, is a very wellcome and cool person. I would defenatly recommend to stay here!

Room Tip: Small rooms are cooler then big one's.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We just came back from our trip to Egypt, and the five days we spent at Jasmine left us completely in love with this great country. The place looks like heaven, right beside the coral reefs of Red Sea, and close to the main diving spots in the area. The room had a balcony with a wonderful sea view, and we enjoyed the changing colors of the sea and the Arabian coast in front you could see from there. It was amazing! The restaurant is very good, too. And all the crew, starting with the manager, Tito, were very efficient and kind. You can also organize many different trips with them; Tito was all the time solving any request we had. Everything was perfect! We only had one problem: we needed longer time to stay!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Second stay at Jasmine but not the last! Our top-floor room was super-clean, bright and airy with bathroom, AC, fridge, TV, wifi and best of all private balcony with beautiful sea views. Lots of happy mornings and evenings by the water in Jasmine's beachside restaurant. Tito and the staff are friendly, helpful and efficient – nothing is too much trouble and they make you feel at home as soon as you arrive. The reef in front of the hotel is fantastic for snorkelling/diving and there is a dive shop with any equipment you need on site. Jasmine is comfortable, relaxing and fun, all for a very reasonable price – highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room with private balcony overlooking the water – beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends