“Pretty much perfect for our holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acacia Dahab Hotel

Acacia Dahab Hotel
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Pretty much perfect for our holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Acacia and have rated it excellent for good reason.

Before flying out Beverley responded to all my questions by email and was very helpful indeed.
The hotel isn't big but we didn't want a hotel where you are just a number, and you definitely aren't here. We had a lovely welcome on arrival and were made to feel at home straight away.

The rooms aren't huge like you might find in a big Sharm hotel, but more than adequate and comfortable.

Staff were very friendly and always polite and helpful.

Food there in the Sahara restaurant was very good, to the extent that other than when we were out for the day diving all our meals were at the hotel. They have a new chef there and he is very good indeed.

So, recommended without hesitation and we will be back !

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are best as you are less likely to hear the early morning prayer call from the local...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Staff at Acacia are the secret of the very good reviews of the hotel.
Its a clean hotel, staff are ready to do to you anything you ask for and can solve any problem you have.
Their food is the main issue that can be developed.
You pay for the location of the hotel :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Colchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had 3 fantastic days at the Acacia Dahab, the staff are wonderful in ensuring that everything you need is catered for and Beverley is a star, she arranged our transfers from Sharm and to the airport which were perfect.

The hotel is in a great location close to shops and restaurants with a lovely sea front restaurant were breakfast is served and it has an excellent dive centre Sea Dancer on site.

Wished that we could have stayed for a few more days but we will return in the future to this little gem.

One negative is the white dog which constantly barks and the number of cats around the grounds.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms with Sea View are great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GraemeLockwood
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at the Acacia with my husband and two grown up children for 2 weeks from 28Aug2013 and I cannot fault this lovely little `home from home` hotel in any way. Firstly, its location is perfect right on the sea front and slightly away from the hustle and bustle of Dahab but within minutes pleasant walk along the coast (though I must add that it was very quiet when we were there due to the unsettled climate in Egypt at the moment - which I have to say was totally unfounded and such a shame for the lovely people of Dahab who simply want to make an honest living for their families, we felt completely safe the whole time and I hope things change very soon!) The hotel was very pretty with palm trees surrounding a lovely pool area and lovely sea views from all over, particularly the seating area where you could eat/have a drink/chill directly on the sea front. The rooms were spotless, spacious, air conditioned and all seemed to have great views. There was a treatment room offering various massages and treatments - highly recommended, weekly yoga classes by the sea, a pool table and of course the Sea Dancer Dive Centre (for which I have made a seperate review). Great food was on offer day and night. Last but by no means least were the staff who all went way beyond the realms of duty to make us happy and comfortable, always happy to have a chat and Bev even came shopping with us to help with the bartering!

If you are looking for a self contained western style resort hotel The Acacia is not for you but if you are seeking a more personal, homely, friendly experience look no further than this gorgeous little hotel.

So a massive thanks to Bev - glasses buddy, Sally - de-stresser, Magda - who likened us to an Egyptian family - compliment indeed! and gave us a gift of a headscarf each, Nemo - charming, Kjeld (Cal) - our diving instructor for his many stories and ENDLESS patience!! (separate review on its way) and I must mention Jimmy Dahab our very own tour operator! for quad biking, bedouin desert experience and transport to Jordan (Jimmy, I will be making a separate review on your facebook page - including some hysterical footage of you dancing in the desert with a lamp on your head! just bear with me as I havent got the kids here to help with this!!

Missing you all and hope to return one day

Teresa

Room Tip: We saw several rooms during our stay and they were all excellent with good views. I would say it is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pietuf2016
Surbiton, Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed at Acacia for two weeks, it was our home whilst we dived at the Sea Dancer Dive Centre. To say that the staff there were lovely would be an understatement, the service and treatment we received there were impeccable, the rooms were great, air conditioned and very roomy, the pool and dining areas were clean, classy and a great place to spend in the day or night. The hotel location is close to bars/restaurants and right next to the sea! There was a resident dog that we fell in love with(you can see her in the pictures :) The staff were helpful when we decided to venture somewhere else as they would provide us a very helpful man named Jimmy, who took us into the desert on camels to camp with the Bedouins, and sorted out other things like quad bike rides and transportation to Petra, Jordan.

So a big thanks to Bev, Magda, Sally, Kjeld(for his patience with us), and Jimmy Dahab

Room Tip: Be prepared for some amazing towel creatures when you return to your rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RhodriThomas
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at Acacia Hotel for 7 nights in August. I cannot praise the friendly, helpful staff enough. They all made my stay perfect. The hotel is spotless. The rooms are very clean and comfortable I could not fault any aspect of The Acacia. My thanks to Beverley who made me so welcome along with Sally at the dive centre. The food served at the Saraha restaurant was very good I enjoyed every meal always served with a smile from the waiters. I hope to visit Dahab again and I will definitely stay at the Acacia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank callen60
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have just come home from a 6 day stay at the Acacia, and I wish I hadn't left! It is a comfortable hotel with a warm, friendly, and efficient staff. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, Beverley made us feel so welcome. We were greeted with smiles and drinks, shown to our rooms and given a tour of the facilities. While not right in the centre of Dahab, the Acacia is located in such a place that you feel like you can get to anything quickly, but at the same time you can relax away from all the excitement of the boardwalk, sit by the pool, or beside the sea.

While I did not eat breakfast every day, when I did the food was excellent, the service quick and friendly. in fact by the end of my stay Nemo would come to find me in the morning to see if I would be having breakfast or not.

The beds were comfortable, the rooms air conditioned, the mini fridge I kept well stocked.

As a teacher, my only concern was the price, and next time I go to Dahab I may opt for a cheaper hotel just to save on funds, but the experience and the service at the Acacia certainly make it worth the price. I recommend this hotel 100%

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends