“We'll be back!”

Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Stockholm, Sweden
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I just came to Dahab for a 9 day vacation. We chose to stay in the Acacia even though it is a little more money than some of the other places around here. It is well worth the extra $ as it is very clean, the pool and outdoor areas are lovely, and the staff are all so accommodating and friendly. Beverley and Nemo were especially kind and sweet.

Every morning, my husband and I got to eat breakfast outside in the lovely weather with a cute little kitten. The Acacia provides for some of the local animals, and we enjoyed their company (a spray bottle is provided while eating for those who don't love animals close by).

The Acacia is very close to the main area of Dahab - a short walk to many restaurants and shops through either a boardwalk along the Red Sea or a street further back. It was also right beside the dive shop we learned to SCUBA dive through - Adventure Spot. It was also fantastic (I just finished writing a review on that one too!)

We are looking into bringing our family here for Christmas when they come to visit us. (We are from Canada but just moved to Cairo, Egypt two weeks ago).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BJHuf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
Babcary
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for five nights in August and can thoroughly recommend this hotel. The staff are efficient and very nice, the service impeccable and the rooms well furnished and incredibly clean. Beverley was so helpful with all of our arrangements and I can't thank her enough for everything she did.

We are very pleased to have chosen this hotel, being a five minute walk from the main 'drag' it could provide a peaceful environment (around the lovely pool) whilst not being too far from the action - there was also a dive school attached called Sea Dancer. My children were taught by an excellent instructor and successfully completed their Padi Open Water course, thank you to Sally and Olly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sam2512011, Hotel Management at Acacia Dahab Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for your kind review and if was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us, and the enjoyment and peacefulness. Congratulations on completing the PADI Open Water Course.
We hope you decide to return to us again
Regards
Acacia Hotel
west midlands
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel online, just a few hours before we booked in on the 28th August 2013. I was not impressed. The hotel has been voted number one in Dehab,if it really is number one, the rest of the hotels must be pretty poor standard! I paid 462egyptian pounds for the room, about 45 english pounds. I have to be perfectly honest and say first of all that the staff were extremely helpful, especially Beverley. I was informed on arrival that I had been upgraded to a room with a balcony room 2007. I was not impressed by the view. Allthough the room was spotless clean, it was a twin, and we had wanted a double! The room was quite small, and the bathroom was tiny, so small that when you sat on the toilet you had to squeeze between the wash hand basin and the loo itself,once seated your legs were under the wash hand basin. We went out for a walk and found the streets and shops of Dahab full of dirt and litter everywhere!!
We decided to leave Dahab the following morning.We got up for breakfast and found that we had to eat in the outside restaraunt, there were cats everywhere,one jumped on the table to join the dozens of flies that were buzzing around us. I asked would it be possible to have breakfast in the indoor restaraunt, and were shown inside. It was like an oven there was no Air conditioning, the heat was really unbearable. so my wife and I left without our breakfast, and went back to Sharm el sheikh immediately.In my opinion this hotel is vastly over rated, and also over priced. We didnt get to sample the food, so I can only comment on the room and service.

Room Tip: I would advise any potential travelers to look at the other hotels in Dehab before booking this one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jtf123
Sam2512011, Guest Relations Manager at Acacia Dahab Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We would like to thank you for your review, and sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant night stay in Dahab. The booking was made for one night with a company that advertises for many hotels here in Dahab and this was booked as a standard room (standard rooms have limited view with no balcony).
We decided to let you have a room which has a balcony where you are able to see the pool this was a free upgrade and not the standard room you booked with the company,

There is a present a Dahab Clean up Campaign which is ongoing and advertised on the internet here in Dahab.

With reference to the breakfast many guests prefer to eat outside by the sea, we apologise for the flies but you will find these in warm countries. We do have a restaurant inside which has 6 A/C units and if you chose to eat inside we will have been only to happy to put them on for you.

Many guest choose Acacia for the animal welfare which is advertised on our website and has been a success in caring for animals, guest often donate to help with medicines and operations for the Animal Welfare Program.

It was a shame you only made the booking for one night and was unable to see the amenities feel the family atmosphere of this hotel.

We will hope you will visit again so you can enjoy Acacia Hotel.

Kindest regards
Management of Acacia Hotel
Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is extremely clean with very contented staff who are always willing to help without being in your face (a rare exception in Egypt). The swimming pool is a good size for Dahab though not very deep! I would like to say a special thank you to Beverly for all her help and advice while I was on my trip! Though I never used the attached diving school I was given very good reports on the quality of the teaching and equipment and the attention that was paid to safety. Thank you all, keep up the good work and I will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I stayed in the Royal Suite - 2 bedrooms, bathroom and lounge area, which was spacious and well equipped. There is a huge balcony overlooking the sea - great for sunsets and sunrises (if you're an early riser). The whole hotel is very clean and comfortable and my boys would race to the room every evening after diving to see what amazing things the housekeeper had made with the towels! The staff were great, bringing us towels by the pool or drinks from the bar. The breakfast each morning was yummy with a good choice. We had lunch at the hotel a couple of times and the food was excellent - the focaccia sandwich is highly recommended! We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday and particularly to divers who can dive with the brilliant Sea Dancer Acacia dive centre which is attached to the hotel.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite is perfect for families.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at Acacia for a week and had a relaxing and comfortable stay. From the start my communications with Beverley were very helpful and easy. The staff are amazing and attend to your every need. I do not recall his name but the man working the reception area was very kind on so many occasions, even letting me use his computor in the middle of thr night to book my flights etc.

The Egyptian Breakfast (included) was the most delicious thing I had eaten on my vacation. The restaurant is excellent and seaside which adds a nice ambience..The pool is extremely clean. All of the rooms have air conditioning and mini fridges.

The hotel is within close proximity to all amenities and town center, although it is about a 5-10 minute walk to the center. It is nice and quiet and I preferred being in a bit quieter of a location. I have seen the rest of the accomodation in Dahab and would say that this is the best there is. You should definitely stay here!

Acacia has a Sea Dancer Dive shop attached to it where you can arrange for dive trips. The owner, Ashraf, is extremely hospitable and friendly and made my stay very enjoyable even though I did my diving with their sister dive shop in the center of town.

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013
London
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went for our first visit to Egypt this year and picked Dahab to relax and be away from it all... and relaxing is what it was thanks to Acacia! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, the food in the restaurant is great all day long, the juice is fresh and delicious (we tried almost all of them!) and the staff is very helpful, professional and friendly. On some days we didn't even feel like going out into town because hanging out in the hotel was so peaceful and quiet and the staff would really go out of their way to make it a great stay. We want to thank Nemo and the rest of the wonderful Acacia staff for making this a place to remember and come back to whenever we need the sun and the sea in wonderful Dahab!

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view, but try get one in the centre as opposed to the sides as it has the absol...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple