“I was not impressed!!”
Review of Acacia Dahab Hotel

Acacia Dahab Hotel
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel online, just a few hours before we booked in on the 28th August 2013. I was not impressed. The hotel has been voted number one in Dehab,if it really is number one, the rest of the hotels must be pretty poor standard! I paid 462egyptian pounds for the room, about 45 english pounds. I have to be perfectly honest and say first of all that the staff were extremely helpful, especially Beverley. I was informed on arrival that I had been upgraded to a room with a balcony room 2007. I was not impressed by the view. Allthough the room was spotless clean, it was a twin, and we had wanted a double! The room was quite small, and the bathroom was tiny, so small that when you sat on the toilet you had to squeeze between the wash hand basin and the loo itself,once seated your legs were under the wash hand basin. We went out for a walk and found the streets and shops of Dahab full of dirt and litter everywhere!!
We decided to leave Dahab the following morning.We got up for breakfast and found that we had to eat in the outside restaraunt, there were cats everywhere,one jumped on the table to join the dozens of flies that were buzzing around us. I asked would it be possible to have breakfast in the indoor restaraunt, and were shown inside. It was like an oven there was no Air conditioning, the heat was really unbearable. so my wife and I left without our breakfast, and went back to Sharm el sheikh immediately.In my opinion this hotel is vastly over rated, and also over priced. We didnt get to sample the food, so I can only comment on the room and service.

Room Tip: I would advise any potential travelers to look at the other hotels in Dehab before booking this one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jtf123
Sam2512011, Guest Relations Manager at Acacia Dahab Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

We would like to thank you for your review, and sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant night stay in Dahab. The booking was made for one night with a company that advertises for many hotels here in Dahab and this was booked as a standard room (standard rooms have limited view with no balcony).
We decided to let you have a room which has a balcony where you are able to see the pool this was a free upgrade and not the standard room you booked with the company,

There is a present a Dahab Clean up Campaign which is ongoing and advertised on the internet here in Dahab.

With reference to the breakfast many guests prefer to eat outside by the sea, we apologise for the flies but you will find these in warm countries. We do have a restaurant inside which has 6 A/C units and if you chose to eat inside we will have been only to happy to put them on for you.

Many guest choose Acacia for the animal welfare which is advertised on our website and has been a success in caring for animals, guest often donate to help with medicines and operations for the Animal Welfare Program.

It was a shame you only made the booking for one night and was unable to see the amenities feel the family atmosphere of this hotel.

We will hope you will visit again so you can enjoy Acacia Hotel.

Kindest regards
Management of Acacia Hotel

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is extremely clean with very contented staff who are always willing to help without being in your face (a rare exception in Egypt). The swimming pool is a good size for Dahab though not very deep! I would like to say a special thank you to Beverly for all her help and advice while I was on my trip! Though I never used the attached diving school I was given very good reports on the quality of the teaching and equipment and the attention that was paid to safety. Thank you all, keep up the good work and I will be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family and I stayed in the Royal Suite - 2 bedrooms, bathroom and lounge area, which was spacious and well equipped. There is a huge balcony overlooking the sea - great for sunsets and sunrises (if you're an early riser). The whole hotel is very clean and comfortable and my boys would race to the room every evening after diving to see what amazing things the housekeeper had made with the towels! The staff were great, bringing us towels by the pool or drinks from the bar. The breakfast each morning was yummy with a good choice. We had lunch at the hotel a couple of times and the food was excellent - the focaccia sandwich is highly recommended! We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday and particularly to divers who can dive with the brilliant Sea Dancer Acacia dive centre which is attached to the hotel.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite is perfect for families.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at Acacia for a week and had a relaxing and comfortable stay. From the start my communications with Beverley were very helpful and easy. The staff are amazing and attend to your every need. I do not recall his name but the man working the reception area was very kind on so many occasions, even letting me use his computor in the middle of thr night to book my flights etc.

The Egyptian Breakfast (included) was the most delicious thing I had eaten on my vacation. The restaurant is excellent and seaside which adds a nice ambience..The pool is extremely clean. All of the rooms have air conditioning and mini fridges.

The hotel is within close proximity to all amenities and town center, although it is about a 5-10 minute walk to the center. It is nice and quiet and I preferred being in a bit quieter of a location. I have seen the rest of the accomodation in Dahab and would say that this is the best there is. You should definitely stay here!

Acacia has a Sea Dancer Dive shop attached to it where you can arrange for dive trips. The owner, Ashraf, is extremely hospitable and friendly and made my stay very enjoyable even though I did my diving with their sister dive shop in the center of town.

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went for our first visit to Egypt this year and picked Dahab to relax and be away from it all... and relaxing is what it was thanks to Acacia! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, the food in the restaurant is great all day long, the juice is fresh and delicious (we tried almost all of them!) and the staff is very helpful, professional and friendly. On some days we didn't even feel like going out into town because hanging out in the hotel was so peaceful and quiet and the staff would really go out of their way to make it a great stay. We want to thank Nemo and the rest of the wonderful Acacia staff for making this a place to remember and come back to whenever we need the sun and the sea in wonderful Dahab!

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view, but try get one in the centre as opposed to the sides as it has the absol...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j_ck62
Reviewed May 30, 2013

From the moment we entered Acacia (after they arranged transport for us from the airport) we were greeted by the enthusiastic Jimmy who offered us some welcoming local drinks and promised that all we need to do now is relax...and relax we did. :-) Acacia is really a gem of a hotel. It has been the most wonderful and relaxing week in lovely Dahab. The hotel staff are friendly, always ready for a chat, and quick to bring you whatever you like, be it a cocktail, lunch from the great restaurant, or towels for the pool. The rooms were clean (the cleaning staff surprised us every day with a new towel artwork on the bed), the beds comfortable, the pool great and the food at the restaurant delicious. The hotel manager (Beverly) is very helpful and friendly, and can hel arrange anything you like. All in all we had a wonderful stay at Acacia and wish it could have been longer. We'll definitely be back soon and we know exactly where we will be staying. :-) thank you for a great week!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RucksackT
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We-a group of divers- loved the vibes of Acacia! The food, the fresh juices, the people, the pool, the rooms with a welcoming airconditioning, ...
Ashraf is a very welcoming host and he goes out of his way to make sure your stay is as enjoyabel as possible, as is everybody else who works there.
The breakfastbuffet was nice and plenty but if there is not enough people in the hotel you have to make a choice of the menu. This choice we found a bit limited and perhaps a bit more combinations on the menu would be better (like not only french toast but accompanied of some fresh fruits...)
The room we found perfect except the shower needs some makeover... Very small and it is a constant struggle with the curtain ;-)
All in all, these are just a few recommendations because we truly enjoyed every minute spent there!
We are already dreaming of a next holiday!

• Stayed: May 2013