Penguin Village
$31
$41
$50
  • Breakfast included
Star Of Dahab Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$26
$32
Hotels.com
$31
$28
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$30
$79
All reviewslow budgetsea viewa bit saltydive centremount sinaihot waterair conditionblue holerooms are cleanenjoyed my stayamazing placefishhosteltripsdivingegyptemad
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the Penguin hotel for a week and were happy with the great value and cleanliness of the hotel room. Penguin has a very laid back atmosphere, many a morning was spent in the lovely courtyard garden. The staff are very friendly and helpful, always happy to answer any questions or request. I say the Penguin is idyllic as it is a tranquil place, with lovely surroundings. My only gripe is that the mattresses on the beds are a little thin and that the kitchen that we could use to make tea or food was unlike the rest of the hotel in need of a good scrubbing down. Overall though we really liked this hotel and we felt comfortable and happy with our stay.

Room Tip: I personally like the rooms on the ground floor, they come with a balcony and is perfect for chilling out with a book and a glass of Shai (tea). Overlooking the courtyard, it is also nice to just be able to step out of the room and be in the garden.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
PenguinDiversDahab, Manager at Penguin Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you very much for taken the time to write this review,
Its very been nice to have you staying with us and hope we will be bitter and bitter next time we will see you ,enjoy your travel,and safely back home,
Kind regards.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Two of my friends and I just spent two weeks here and it was really great. The rooms are pretty basic but comfortable and clean. The hotel is out of the main tourist trap area and it provides a nice walk in and out of town every day; we got to know many of the local shop and restaurant owners this way. The hotel restaurant food was okay and the staff friendly. They always accommodated our sometimes odd requests and built us a fire every night. The staff of the diving school were also approachable and helpful. The main receptionist of the hotel never seems to sleep: he has excellent English and was always nearby and ready to do whatever we needed to make our stay better, from helping us with laundry, to opening the internet cafe, to helping us book day trips - even though these were all responsibilities that he didn't have to do. He really wanted to make sure we were well taken care of. That was the best thing about Penguin, everyone was genuinely interested in our comfort and when we left, we were on a first name basis with everyone. Would come and stay again in the future.

Room Tip: We asked for a room facing the sea and were not disappointed. Just ask!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
PenguinDiversDahab, Manager at Penguin Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you very much for a nice review ,it is been our pleasure to have you staying and diving with us ,there are many more to do and see and we hope next time we will do it biter and biter ,
Have a lovely and all the best from all of us,.
Thank you,.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

There are better hotels in better locations for the same price in dahab. This hotel is located in a dead area of dahab about a 10-15 minute walk from the main tourist area.

The restaurant here serves decent food but is overpriced for the quantity and gave me back the wrong amount of change 4 times out of the 4 times I ate there. The Internet doesn't work about 50% of the time and the wifi does not work in your room. The rooms are small and cramped but the hotel is clean.

• Stayed: February 2013

Hello
Thank you for taken the time to write this review,we do adjust the food price by 20 % for all penguin village guests and we hope next time to serve you biter,
Have a nice day from sunny Dahab.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Excellent food & service at Penguin village, had great meals there by the beachfront. Staff are very friendly and their recommendations are always good :-) Make sure you finish with a shisha faraola!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your nice review,we hope to serve you biter and biter ,we all wish you a safe and enjoyable travel,Oh yes shisha with a strawberry taste is the best ,

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hey,
I recently returned from my trip to Dahab, Egypt. I stayed at the Penquin Village, mainly because it was recommended by a friend. Immediately as I walked in I sensed the friendly atmosphere of the place. Indeed, I found the stuff to be really friendly, always giving out advises and not being pushy advertising their packaged or trips. I stayed in a single room for 100 LE a night and I´d say it was worth it.
I often ate in the Penguin restaurant, which had the same friendly atmosphere as did the village itself. A plenty of comfortable cushions to sit and chill, looking out to the red sea. The food was plentyfull and good value for the money and staff I found to be friendly, so thanks Mohammed, Zeko & co.

All in all, I can truly recommend Penquin Village as your place to stay and dine while you enjoy your stay in Dahab. It is a kind of place where you propably stay longer than you initially intended to.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
PenguinDiversDahab, Manager at Penguin Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you very much for taken the time to write this nice helpful review,it will always be nice see you again soon,
Kind regards.