“Comfortable, clean, relaxed, and friendly”
Review of Dahab Plaza Hotel

Dahab Plaza Hotel
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Dublin, Ireland
“Comfortable, clean, relaxed, and friendly”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

When I arrived at the Dahab Plaza, the manager Emad made me feel at home right away, and took time to show me around the hotel and the local area. The hotel and the rooms are spacious and clean (plus big room fridges - brilliant in the hot weather!), and the pool area is great for chilling out, like an oasis. Emad arranged all the transfers I needed to the airport and to various diving spots around Dahab. The rest of the staff were also great, offering free water, tea, coffee, sheesha any time of the day or night.
As a woman travelling solo I was given comfortable space and respect. Emad always had an eye on me though, and asked about my day, so that I never felt alone, but among friends. I would definitely recommend the Plaza to anyone visiting Dahab.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Puget-Théniers
Reviewed October 28, 2012

First, please excuse my english as I am french, but I was so happy in this place that I wish everybody can share my experience.
I was in the hotel last week, and I must say how all the services provided were amazing to me.
Firstly, I must thank Emad, the manager. I will never forget what he did for me : I was coming from Cairo with the bus, and usually it arrives in Dahab at 10 pm.
As the driver didn't know the way, we were 4 hours late, and I arrived at Dahab bus station at 2.30 am. I was worried, but suddenly a man came to me, saying "Hello, I'm Dahab Plaza manager, and it is three and half hours I'm waiting for you.
I could not believed it, it was like a dream !
I became friend with Gobara, one of his sons, so young he could be my grand son, so particular and authentic.
I must say a big thanks to all the staff, and specially Bahaa, indispensable to everybody, always there whatever you need.
About the services :
- Rooms are basic but clean and the beds are very comfortable;
- Free wifi in all hotel, as well as in each room;
- Swiming pool is cleaned twice daily;.
- Breakfast is great (you can choose continental or egyptian), and served from 6 am to noon.
- Free bottles of mineral water and all kinds of non alcoolic drinks are offered whenever you want, as well as chicha;
- Free laundry (washing and ironing).
Thank you again to everybody there, and next time I'll go back to Dahab, for sure I'll go back to this very special place.
Noelle

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I booked the Plaza having read the Tripadvisor reviews, and have to say there is not much that I can add, clean rooms, air con, comfey bed, friendly atmosphere, good service from Baha & the lads. Great place to unwind.
Breakfast is now served at the Hotel rather than at their two restaurants by the sea, where you get discount if you eat, as mentioned by other reviewers.
Emad and his staff are always there to help with anything, from taxis to trips, go and visit. I don't think you will be dissapointed

• Stayed October 2012
Jersey Channel islands
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great place to stay the owner is excellent will do anything for you and his son and staff are very helpfull I would recomend this place to stay if you wont to be close to all the amenities.
Next visit to Dahab this will be our first choice.

Ash & Jaci

Room Tip: Just e-mail or speak to the owner when you arrive if you wont something like a room by the pool or o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Other 5 star reviews say enough. I would just like to add that they are very helpful, flexible and friendly crew. Clean, nice and bug free rooms with A/C. Decent wi-fi spread around the hotel with wireless switches. Free water, coffee, tea, 4 selections of breakfast. Nice yard area to chill during the day or in the evenings. Can't recommend highly enough for couples looking for a quiet location 2 minutes from the center and most diving schools. They organized transport back to Sharm in a brand new van very cheap compared to other options we had. I am happy we decided to crash here, and we did not look any further. Can't recommend highly enough.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gooda
Reviewed October 10, 2012

And it is true, he (and his staff) are very friendly and helpful.
Free water in your fridge, free tea, shisha...and never too busy to give you tips for your daytrips.
I would recommend it. Not for from the beach, a little outside the (busy) strip.

Rooms are basic but nice,
Small but charming pool, surrounded by beautiful bougainvilles (pink flowers)

Don't