“Four years on, all is as it was”
Review of Jaz Dahabeya

Jaz Dahabeya
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Four years on, all is as it was”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Of the large hotels in Dahab, the Dahabeya retains a consistently high Tripadvisor rating, which encouraged us to book the hotel again after a four year absence. As on our previous stay, only the food, particularly in the evening, disappointed. Whilst of reasonable quality, meals remains as repetitive and unadventurous as on our previous stay. We elected to eat out on more than half of our 14 nights at the hotel.

On this occasion, we had originally planned to stay for 7 days on B&B basis, but events elsewhere in Egypt prompted us to extend this to two weeks and we uprated to all - inclusive. Despite choosing to eat out on many evenings, we consider that the Dahabeya offers the best value base for a larger hotels in the area and the convenience of all-inclusive drinks cannot be overstated if you intend to spend much of the time at the hotel. None of the drinks in the hotel are cheap (even bottles of water) and costs quickly mount up.

The hotel is on the beach, with an excellent location on what I believe to be the best stretch of sand (with very few stones) of all of the local hotels. the hotel was not full whilst we were there and there was no shortage of beachside loungers and a plentiful supply of clean towels.

The pool and pool area are kept immaculately clean, although the music at our siesta time (from 1.30pm) is too upbeat and loud for my liking. Other public areas are likewise very clean. Our bedrooms were spacious and comfortable, with excellent air conditioning. They were cleaned daily to a very high standard, at times to suit our needs and there is an ample supply of hot water for showers even at peak usage times

The shuttle bus to the centre of the town makes three trips per day and we made regular use of its ten minute journey - it followed its timetable as well as any I have encountered!

Overall, hotel staff were polite, efficient and very friendly - and much less interested in soliciting business or tips than has been our experience in previous visits to the middle east. Check-in and out were quick and efficient and reception services generally friendly.

We shall return to Dahab, hopefully next year, but will choose to stay at a smaller town centre hotel, if only for the convenience of being close to the many excellent waterfront restaurants and other amenities of this bustling tourist resort

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnGP
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday.

We are sorry to read that you have had such a disappointing experience with the food at the Iberotel Dahabeya. Please note that your comments have been passed to our team to assure this unfortunate experience will not occur again.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Mainz, Germany
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We was now the second time in the Hotel Dahabeya and has a hamonic time.
The foot was good and the overall service perfekt.
We was feel very save in the hotel, on the beach and in Dahab.
All staffing are very friendly.
The Hotel is familliar, and not noisy. It is not a party Hotel
That was very important for us.
Good place to relax, fill up your battery.
Perfect location for snorkeling, Diving or Windsufing.
The Hotel Dahabeya have his one sand-beach what is good for smaler Kid´s.

We like that Hotel and it is on our Top List.
Let´s hope that is keep´s his flair.

Dahabeya we will see again ;-)))

Regards Bohl/Dietel from Germany

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jaz Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Bohl-Dietel
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, July 23, 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year (August) for 3 weeks and I can say that it was the best hotel that I had stayed at in Dahab. I have stayed at 4 out of the 5 hotels on the lagoon area. The staff were very helpful and the rooms very clean. The food was wonderful. As I was staying for 3 weeks I thought that I might get fed up with the food and eat in Masbat a few times during my holiday to add a bit of variation. This did not happen. The food was excellent and apart from the grilled prawns (delicious) I didn't eat the same thing for my evening meal for the whole holiday. Yes, you do have to pay for water but the hotel was doing a special offer if you bought 12 bottles at a time, they even delivered it to the room for you. The standard of the food was good with no problems of upset stomachs for the whole period. I even ventured out onto the salad bar which always looks delicious with no ill effects.

The hotel is to be recommended for its customer care, food and hygiene. It was so good that I am going back again this August for 3 more weeks.

Room Tip: If you have children and enjoy the entertainment then a room around the garden area. If you are a c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley622
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, July 16, 2013

Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I have recently spent two weeks in this hotel. 18th of June to 2nd July. We had a wonderful holiday. My husband has walking difficulties and has to use crutches to get about. We searched for weeks to find a hotel in Egypt that would suit his needs. Before booking I e-mailed the hotel to request a ground floor room with a walk in shower. I was e-mailed back the same day to say that everything we requested would be provided, they even sent a picture of the walk in shower. we had a lovely welcome by the reception staff and within 10 minutes of our arrival we were taken to our room. It was a ground floor room a few yards from the pool and close to the restaurant. The room was excellent plenty of cupboard space, excellent walk in shower with hand rails and spotlessly clean. A plate of lovely bread rolls and a selection of cheese and meat had been left in the room also. The pool was lovely and had a gradual slope at one end which was perfect for my husband to get in and out unaided. There was a few steps down to a lovely beach and you could walk straight into the sea again perfect for my husband. The view of the surrounding mountains was stunning and you could see Saudi Arabia in the far distance. We went on a trip on the yellow submarine, after the sales man said my husband would be able to get on and of the boat with his crutches. he was true to his word and the staff on the boat were brilliant and helped my husband when he needed it. The trip was out to the coral reef near the hotel, the reef was stunning and the fish were so colourful it was like looking at a photograph in a magazine. The food was brilliant if like me you love to try different food from all over the world you will be in your element. The food was always hot and the waiters were brilliant, remembering what you like to drink and bringing it to you table without having to be asked. The chef even left his work station some mornings to bring me husband his pre ordered omelette to our table. The staff work so hard and are always pleasant and so helpful. we have kept in touch with one of the staff since we came home, my husband really took to him and he was so funny and so helpful. A lot of people we spoke to were on a return visit to the hotel, one German couple were on their 13th visit. The man who cleaned our room made some brilliant shapes on our bed out of the towels, he was so clever, even a monkey hanging from the roof one day. The only thing I can reluctantly criticise is flight of stairs that my husband had to negotiate at night to get to the bar. They could do with small lift. But as he only had to go up and down once a day it wasn't a major problem. Most night there was some form of entertainment in the amphitheatre. Or in the bar where we sat some night there was a singer or a guitarist. Or some nights if you just wanted peace and quiet you could sit in the bar and just chill out. English people were in the minority but met some lovely people, all different nationalities and most of them attempted to speak to us when they knew we were English. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and my husband and I cant wait to go back, hopefully in September. Thanks to all members of staff keep up the good work.

Room Tip: It is a small hotel only 140 rooms so any room is in easy walking distance of the sea pool restauran...
1 Thank iris f
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, July 14, 2013

Oberammergau, Germany
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Again we spent 2 wonderful weeks at the Iberotel Dahabeya.
And we will come back next year again! Sevice, Cleanliness, evrything was just great as usual! Rooms are always very clean! Looking forward to come back!

Review collected in partnership with Jaz Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Gregor B
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, July 10, 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013

A really fantastic hotel with wonderful staff. We were due to go to another hotel in Dahab in October but have managed to change our booking to go back to the Iberotel. The food was always piping hot and the wine really good. It would have been nice if there was more vegetarian selection but I am sure if I had asked they would have got me something. It was so hot I did not feel like eating much. Big thankyou to all the staff for making this hotel so special.

1 Thank Frances N
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, July 7, 2013

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Two negative aspects;
- poor air condition in the restaurant;
- poor wifi coverage and very complicated access system. You pay for unlimited Internet-access but you can hardly use it (no coverage in rooms, weak and unstable signal near the pool).

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank OlegAskarov
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us.

We are sorry to hear that your stay at The Iberotel Dahabeya was not fully to your satisfaction. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and has been passed to the relevant departments to follow up, assuring you that we are working on updating and upgrading our services to meet our guests’ needs. Kindly be informed that we already communicated with the Wi-Fi service provider and the technical failure will be handled shortly

Kind regards,