“Good all round package”

Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Tonbridge, Kent
“Good all round package”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We've been to Dahab several times, staying at the Swiss Inn. Upon another windsurfers recommendation we tried the Iberotel this time.

Rooms - was quite basic but was well cleaned daily. The only negative thing was the beds were hard as nails with really uncomfortable pillows - especially if you're used to decent feather ones. We asked to change them, but they were the same. Ground floor by the pool was good.

Initially the hotel provided a cot for our daughter, 2 1/2, but were more than happy to change it to a childs bed. It did make the room a little crowded, whereas at the Swiss we stayed in a much larger family type room.

Drinks - own label brands and fairly OK fun cocktails, but the best thing as many reviewers stated are the staff. Very friendly, smiling and helpful - much more so compared to the other hotels.

Food - being vegetarian made it a little tricky, not a huge choice, but what you'd expect at this price point. Didn't feel dodgy at any point in the week.

Area - all kept clean and tidy and felt generally looked after. Fresh beach towels etc were good.

Windsurfing - Harry Nass is directly on the beach in front, unfortunately it was light all week, but was quite expensive when you included the extra insurance. Ibi & friends was doing a week all in for half price €125, so that was good.. I'd check him out again, seemed a nice chap.

Room Tip: Keep the a/c on at night with a mosquito plugin to avoid any annoying bites.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2013.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Iberotel Dahabeya in December. We were a bit unsure whether to bring our young family here ( 9 months and a four year old ) but as soon as we got there, we knew we had it right. The place was welcoming, clean, an amazing tranquil paradise and above all, felt very safe. It is quiet at this time of the year, so there were not many other families around. ( perfect for couples who just want a get away from it all)
Our room was a large family room, plenty of space for the children, who had their own bedroom area, balcony overlooking the gardens and minibar to keep cool all our baby food which I brought with me for the week ( handy tip for those with young ones ).
We found the food in the restaurant exquisite. There was a wonderful choice of fish, chicken and salads, just what we like. Our fuzzy eater four year old had mastered by day two what he was going to eat, breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff were amazing. Our table had highchair placed at the end of it ready and waiting for us by day two. The restaurant had a lovely relaxing vibe to it, and we found it spotlessly clean. The restaurant manager Waleed was the most kind, generous and hardworking gentleman, who made sure that during our holiday we could enjoy meals and relax.
The beach and the whole setting was just fabulous. On our second night there, we had a beach party. I never forget dancing Gangnam style after the sun had gone down barefooted on the sand, mind you, there was only a handful of us there! The animation team in this hotel are just ace. Kimo, the friendliest guy on earth! Linn who runs the kids club, beautiful and lovely! They organised amazing entertainment with their team every night, my four year old had the best time ever!
I said I would not write here with my review as I thought to keep this place to ourselves. However, it needs to be shared with thoses who appreciate this kind of a place: christal clear waters, safe sandy beach, everything on your doorstep, easy relaxing holiday, amazing setting and peace and quiet!
The only down side in the mosquitos and flies, but next time I would just pack more repellant!

Kent
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our overall experience was excellent. My 2 children aged 9 & 10 had a wonderful time. Lots of activities to keep them busy.
The weather was kind to us, but make sure you get up early if you're travelling in the winter months as the sun sets by 5 and it can get quite chilly.
The rooms and balconies were adequate, but on the small side with limited storage facilities.
The food is good, but repetitive.
We were surprised at the large number of staff, everyone was accommodating and eager to help.
I'm sure you can get a cheaper deal in other hotels, but if you want a guaranteed, all inclusive relaxing break with children, then this is ideal.

1 Thank C C

London
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I went to this hotel after reading a lot of super positive feedback on this hotel on Trip advisor. I'm actually suspicious that a number of these reviews must be fake.

The hotel is one of the most expensive hotels in Dahab, charging over 10 times a night compared to some of the other places you can stay in this diving town.

Compared to other hotels we've stayed in - in Sinai this one is pretty poor value for money.

1 Thank notmyrealname1
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guests,

Our whole team is extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest. We are very sorry that we didn't accomplish this for you. We welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. Please contact me by e-mail sherif.mahgoub@iberoteldahabeya.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.

Thank you, once more, for your visit to our hotel. We would also like to apologize again for not fulfilling your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

leicestershire
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travelled here in October half term with my 2 Boys. The hotel was smaller than we usually go to, but I found it to be very welcoming and a great benefit to us whilst staying here. It was safe, clean and everyone from staff to other holidaymakers were very friendly.

A special thanks to Chef Ragab. My son has to be on a gluten & dairy free diet and Chef Ragab reassured us he could provide this for our stay. For this reason we would come back as it was good to know they were taking such good care of us.

My children loved the animation team ,Mizo, Line, Kimo and Mahoo. I have stayed at the Sheraton in el Gouna & Hilton Fayrouz in Sharm but my children & I felt this was the best hotel out of the 3 we have stayed at in Egypt.

Travelling with my children on my own I felt safe in Dahab and was never hassled unlike Sharm. We were allowed to stay in the room later at no extra charge too! Very handy for late flights.

Hopefully we will return at Easter!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

1/2 way through a weeks break, arrived on the 23rd Dec, and so far couldn't be happier (apart from a few mossie bites - but even that probably down to us taking bad advise back in the UK re: mossie repellent). Good selection of food - were a family of four and for the first time ever everyone is happy eating! The staff all seem to be genuinely friendly and do their bit to make you welcome, without being OTT. Unlike where we have stayed at Sharm, the Iberotel Dahabeya has a proper long sandy beach - which Santa even visited on Xmas eve for cocktails - wasn't quite what I expected to see here! Gomaa and Hossam down at Wave Aqua Sport were great - friendly and polite, no hard sell - and we just got back from a 1/2 day yacht/snorkelling trip which was excellent - 2 snorkelling sessions on different reefs, good range of fish, crystal clear water - and finished with good meal on the yacht. It got interesting coming back into the jetty as the propellor snagged a rope (another yachts anchor rope?) - which cut the engine. Gomaa jumps back into the water with mask, snorkel and knife - disappears under the yacht and cuts the rope - problem solved!!! Also did Quad bike safari yesterday, which was good fun. Thanks guys for helping to make this a great holiday.
Neil & Susan Harris

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SusanAHarris
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, December 29, 2012

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2012.

Hersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Despite initial reservations due to the unrest in Egypt, this couldn't have turned out to be a better pre-Christmas break for the price.

While it would have been nice to have a couple more hours of sun (sun started setting at about 15:30), the temperature was a very comfortable 25 degrees all day, every day. The pool and beach were both very nice, with not too many people hassling you to buy excursions etc (while frequent, they were very polite and took no for an answer easily). All the resorts were very quiet, so it was nice and peaceful.

Food was good, but not outstanding, but this was a good value all inclusive, so expectations were not high - ice and salads did not have any unpleasant side effects.

The best part of the hotel was the staff, particularly the bar (Mina, Samuel, Kerols and Ashraf were all excellent) and animation guys were good fun too (keen to get you involved, but not too pushy). Restaurant staff were always friendly and attentive too. If you want to see the evening, don't have more than a couple of Mina's strawberry cocktails in the afternoon. They are lethal.

Rooms were basic, but comfortable and very clean. An electronic safe was also available. The 'towel art' was always entertaining, if not a little weird sometimes!

If you want a nice relaxing break with quiet evenings, then this place is ideal. If you want somewhere busy with a bit of late nightlife, go to Sharm instead.

We booked a snorkelling trip to the Blue Hole through the guys on the beach to the left of the hotel (behind 'Baby Fish) - our guide Mido was very good and it was excellent value at £12 each.

For a cost/weather/flight time/hotel quality balance, you'd be hard-pressed to find something better. We would come here again for the same duration at this time of year.

Downsides:
The flies at the beach were a bit annoying, but not too bad (although they did prevent you from having any kind of sleep)
Mosquitoes were very stealthy and hungry (use plenty of repellent and ask reception for a plug-in)
There were quite a few dogs on the beach, although they did not bother you if not interested and were very friendly if you were
The all-inclusive spirits were not great, but not too bad with plenty of mixers

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms overlooking the pool are an ideal location.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple