“lovely hotel”

Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
lincolnshire uk
“lovely hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

we stayed for two weeksfrom the 23rd sept to 7th october 2012 and would like to thank the manager and his staff for a great time ,room was over looking the pool,very clean and spacious,the staff are very hard working, very friendly and cannot do enough for you,the food was lovely but not to everyones liking but you will always find something to your taste and wont go hungry,the pool is great and so is the beach of which is only a few steps away .went on some trips snorkling and diving on the boat katerina the guys on there were as though you was out with friends and nothing was to much trouble they had a photographer with them who took photos while you were snorkling and diving his name was jon paul or GB was FANTASTIC .these were booked through thomson rep.Also booked trips with sam who was on the beach to your right which was also great what else can i say a lovely holiday all round would return. met some great people ,Dermot an Joan ,Frank an vicky .Mark an Gail,an mark an Karen this is a quiet hotel which is great for relaxing STAYED IN ROOM 1201 SO A BIG THANKS FROM US

4 Thank patricia s
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2012.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Zurich
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed for a week. We had a room overlooking the pool. We availed of the all inclusive package.

Very Good: 1. Clean;
2. Spacious rooms;
3. Helpful, friendly staff;
4. Good massage (ask for Boogie);
5. Good, professional dive center;
6. Windsurf center just in front of the hotel;
7. Nice, brown sugar- colored beach;
8. Always have lying chairs on the beach.
9. Beach bar is great (special mention to Mena!)

Good-1. Food is good but repetitive.

Bad- 1. Can't think of any.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank cat_in_zurich

united kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel was beautiful and very well kept we stayed in room 1219 which overlookd the pool, it was very spacious and very clean. The pool is very large and a few steps away from a very clean beach, we had no problems getting a sun bed on the beach everyday.

The food, well what can I say, I'm vegetarian and for 12 nights lived on rice/spaghetti/bread, they had vegatable curry every night but not to my taste. (chips were eaten at luch time with salad) one night even the rice had chicken in so was truely stuck for something to eat. I did chat to a few other guests about the quality of the food and they agreed with me that the choice and quanitity was very limited, it gave the impression the hotel has a very tight budget regarding the food.

3 Thank Lesley55
Dear Guests,

Our whole team is extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest. We are very sorry that we didn't accomplish this for you. We welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. Please contact me by e-mail sherif.mahgoub@iberoteldahabeya.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.

Thank you, once more, for your visit to our hotel. We would also like to apologize again for not fulfilling your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Aarau, Switzerland
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed already the second time at Iberotel Dahabeya and we are again to 100 % happy! The hotel is just perfect! Nice rooms, perfect service, good food, wunderful beach, perfect to windsurf and dive .. just great value for your money and relaxing holidays!

4 Thank AndreaMirco

Oxfordshire, England
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We spent a week here in September through First Choice all-inclusive and had a fabulous time. Check-in was easy and there were snacks left in our room when we arrived and my husband had a birthday during our stay and a birthday cake and card was brought to us, even though we hadn't told the hotel, they just saw our other cards in the room! The entertainment team were great and did a good job of getting everyone involved and the staff in the restaurants and bars were always pleasant.

Personally I found the food a little repetative and quite limited, especially as there is only buffet food available and I do think they cater to the German and European guests more than the Britsh, but it was all very nice and it was fine for a one week stay - any longer and I think we would have wanted to eat out more. The free bottle of water was a great extra however it was a shame that the mini-bar wasn't part of the all-inclusive. The evening entertainment was very low key and this suited us fine. All in all the hotel really makes an effort to keep it's guests happy and if you are looking for a quiet sunny holiday this is perfect.

Outside of the hotel we visited Dahab once and was really pleased with the meal we had in the Ali Baba restaurant. We also haggled at a couple of the gift stores but if you haven't been to Egypt before be aware that the store owners are VERY pushy! We also did a bedoiun meal trip with a camel ride and stargazing which was amazing, it really made the holiday. Apart from that there are lots of watersports centres on the beach for windsurfing, snorkeling etc but if you're not into them you can still go into the sea in a couple of areas which are screened off.

5 Thank PhantomTraveller13
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this review, September 28, 2012

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is our second visit here and it was just as good if not better than the first. From the minute we arrived at midnight the check in staff recognised us and welcomed us back, they sorted us out quickly and efficiently and in our room were some free snacks which were so welcoming after a long journey. The room was perfect, last time we had a superior room and this time we just had a sea view which I prefered and we didn't loose any comfort or cleanliness by doing this. I am a fussy eater and never struggled with the wonderful choice of food at every meal, the waiters are wonderful and a special mention needs to go to Diaa and Samy who were always cheerful and up for a laugh as well as doing their job perfectly.
I spent most of the time by the pool so once again got the full force of the anumation team who I feel really make this hotel worth a return visit. Mizo and his new team members Oskar, Mahoo and Leena had myself and my husband up and off our sun loungers and joining in with darts, stretching and aqua gym, though I did miss Mizo's water pistol this time to get me going. I didn't join in the water polo but it was fun to watch everyday. The music around the pool was great and even had me dancing at the bar in the water which was served by Ashraf who again was a good laugh and very effecient at his job, there were a few technical problems with the mixing desk that I hope has been fixed but is not surprising as it was really hot in the animation team hut it would melt anything! I hope the managment can stretch to a fan for the guys as they work in there without complaint about the heat which I couldn't do all day so my deepest respect to the them. As you can tell we fell in love with all of the animation team and where we would normally have an early night we went to the night shows, run by Mizo and his team again. We had such a laugh at these and would recommend guests joining in, we did uncharastically but couldn't help but want to. They really do make a brilliant hotel better with their hard work and constant happiness and have left us now twice with great memories, it is with a sad heart to leave them and a huge desire to return for a third time. I would recommend this hotel to adults and families as a safe, trusted and welcoming place. To the team a massive thank you.

3 Thank Morrispenni

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Dahabeya from 26th August until the 9th September 2012. We occupied a pool view room on the ground floor (1115).
We are both beach bums and go on holiday to chill and recharge. This was our first holiday in Egypt .
I did quite a lot of research about the country and used the reviews posted about Egypt to home in on the Dahabeya. In some ways it seemed too good according to those reviews so there was a little trepidation on our part.
However this proved to be unfounded. Everything about the hotel is excellent. All aspects of the hotel perform to a very high standard. The staff in particular are astonishingly good natured and always willing to go the extra mile and NEVER pressure for tips. Considering the long shifts that most of them do and their levels of earnings we found that amazing.
If you are considering this hotel I would urge you not to simply go for a week. You must go for two weeks (or more if you are able)
Its management model is to be applauded as it definitely results in an excellent experience for its guests.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for pool view rooms ideally on the first floor