“Lovely hotel and nice peaceful surroundings”
Review of Jaz Dahabeya

Jaz Dahabeya
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We spent a week here in September through First Choice all-inclusive and had a fabulous time. Check-in was easy and there were snacks left in our room when we arrived and my husband had a birthday during our stay and a birthday cake and card was brought to us, even though we hadn't told the hotel, they just saw our other cards in the room! The entertainment team were great and did a good job of getting everyone involved and the staff in the restaurants and bars were always pleasant.

Personally I found the food a little repetative and quite limited, especially as there is only buffet food available and I do think they cater to the German and European guests more than the Britsh, but it was all very nice and it was fine for a one week stay - any longer and I think we would have wanted to eat out more. The free bottle of water was a great extra however it was a shame that the mini-bar wasn't part of the all-inclusive. The evening entertainment was very low key and this suited us fine. All in all the hotel really makes an effort to keep it's guests happy and if you are looking for a quiet sunny holiday this is perfect.

Outside of the hotel we visited Dahab once and was really pleased with the meal we had in the Ali Baba restaurant. We also haggled at a couple of the gift stores but if you haven't been to Egypt before be aware that the store owners are VERY pushy! We also did a bedoiun meal trip with a camel ride and stargazing which was amazing, it really made the holiday. Apart from that there are lots of watersports centres on the beach for windsurfing, snorkeling etc but if you're not into them you can still go into the sea in a couple of areas which are screened off.

5  Thank PhantomTraveller13
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2012.

There are newer reviews for Jaz Dahabeya

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is our second visit here and it was just as good if not better than the first. From the minute we arrived at midnight the check in staff recognised us and welcomed us back, they sorted us out quickly and efficiently and in our room were some free snacks which were so welcoming after a long journey. The room was perfect, last time we had a superior room and this time we just had a sea view which I prefered and we didn't loose any comfort or cleanliness by doing this. I am a fussy eater and never struggled with the wonderful choice of food at every meal, the waiters are wonderful and a special mention needs to go to Diaa and Samy who were always cheerful and up for a laugh as well as doing their job perfectly.
I spent most of the time by the pool so once again got the full force of the anumation team who I feel really make this hotel worth a return visit. Mizo and his new team members Oskar, Mahoo and Leena had myself and my husband up and off our sun loungers and joining in with darts, stretching and aqua gym, though I did miss Mizo's water pistol this time to get me going. I didn't join in the water polo but it was fun to watch everyday. The music around the pool was great and even had me dancing at the bar in the water which was served by Ashraf who again was a good laugh and very effecient at his job, there were a few technical problems with the mixing desk that I hope has been fixed but is not surprising as it was really hot in the animation team hut it would melt anything! I hope the managment can stretch to a fan for the guys as they work in there without complaint about the heat which I couldn't do all day so my deepest respect to the them. As you can tell we fell in love with all of the animation team and where we would normally have an early night we went to the night shows, run by Mizo and his team again. We had such a laugh at these and would recommend guests joining in, we did uncharastically but couldn't help but want to. They really do make a brilliant hotel better with their hard work and constant happiness and have left us now twice with great memories, it is with a sad heart to leave them and a huge desire to return for a third time. I would recommend this hotel to adults and families as a safe, trusted and welcoming place. To the team a massive thank you.

3  Thank Morrispenni

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Dahabeya from 26th August until the 9th September 2012. We occupied a pool view room on the ground floor (1115).
We are both beach bums and go on holiday to chill and recharge. This was our first holiday in Egypt .
I did quite a lot of research about the country and used the reviews posted about Egypt to home in on the Dahabeya. In some ways it seemed too good according to those reviews so there was a little trepidation on our part.
However this proved to be unfounded. Everything about the hotel is excellent. All aspects of the hotel perform to a very high standard. The staff in particular are astonishingly good natured and always willing to go the extra mile and NEVER pressure for tips. Considering the long shifts that most of them do and their levels of earnings we found that amazing.
If you are considering this hotel I would urge you not to simply go for a week. You must go for two weeks (or more if you are able)
Its management model is to be applauded as it definitely results in an excellent experience for its guests.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for pool view rooms ideally on the first floor
5  Thank ajt1987

Reviewed September 21, 2012

A few Bullett points which may help you:There is no coral reef of any kind off the beach at this hotel.There are many trips available (short & long) for snorkeling and diving - book through the dive centre on the beach loads cheaper than your holiday company.
It is also a wind surfing club - so its WINDY! This helps take the edge off the feel of the temperatures though making it more pleasant.
There are many sun lougers and shades available at the pool and the beach, we did not ever see anyone go without & we are not early risers.
The food is fantastic - beware Sammy and friends - always clowning around whilst working at full tilt. I am a fussy meat and potatoes man, there was always something for me.
The service is very very good.
A free shuttle bus is available to Dahab - though be warned it is an experiance - if you can't say no thank you every 3 seconds then you will be broke by the 3rd store, Ali Baba bazzar deserves a mention - everything is priced and he will let you look around unmolested and still have a deal.It is right at the end though so you have to run the gauntlet to get there!
There is a money machine at the Dahabya - put your sterling in get Egyptian out at a higher rate than we got in England.
There is a bank in the Hilton 15 minutes walk away.
Everyone at the hotel had a smile and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel being small feels very personal, add to that the high level of service and you have a winner.
If you want noise and a party hotel stay in Sharm. If you want a restful recharge your batteries, spoil yourself holiday then this is for you.
Thinking of goinig for 7 days - don't. I urge you to beg borrow or steel for the second week. It's the only mistake we made and we were not ready to come home.
Would I go back, yes definately & soon before Dahab becomes too big and loses it charm.

Room Tip: Pool or sea view rooms worth the extra.
8  Thank Jeff W
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Reviewed September 12, 2012

best hotel in egypt i have ever stayed in and i have been to a few. travelling with my elderly parents, daughter and 7 year old grandson, the hotel catered for us all .food fantastic, very high standard of cleanliness, very well maintained, staff fantastic and there is not one thing i can find fault with.if you a looking for a very relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings this is the place.i would also like to make a special point regarding the kids club. it was cool to go to the kids club, linn was absolutely fantastic with the children although there wasnt many of them, we all relaxed and he had lots of fun. when i return to dahbeya i will not consider any other hotel, i will be here

Room Tip: our room was overlooking the garden and it was lovely, maybe next time i would try for a room by the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Suzanne W

Reviewed September 10, 2012

What can I say that has not been said - nothing. I was debating if would be able to add to the reviews without repeating the long list of compliments , the main reason I booked this hotel in the first place. I certainly was looking forward to my two weeks at the end of August but the saying goes " if it's too good to be true , it probably isn't. Well in this case forget the saying because it is. The service is fantastic and you will see several reviiewers mention Diia , I hope the management appreciate what an asset they have, I wish I could bottle that service and enthusiasm and sell it .

The animation team is the heart and soul of the pool area, led by Mizo , they ensure those that want to ,can enjoy a variety of activities , always encouraging every nationality to play together and create a united nations. My daughter enjoyed the volleyball particularly when it got less competitive as some adults thought it was the Olympics.

The rooms are kept spotless with original towel art . I was in room 2213 which overlooked the pool at the hotel end on the second floor - believe it or not had a better sea view than some hotels claim their designated sea view rooms have. One small point we had my 12 year old daughter who used the bed setee , not the most comfortable but at least was a double,better than some of the temporary single beds we have been given in the past. Did find it easier to put away in the morning and pull out at night. I believe the family rooms would have been more comfortable. Plenty of wardrobe space, bit deceiving at first since the shelves are deep.

Pool area kept clean and no issues with sun beds , though I am an early riser . Word of warning just be carefully on the tiles when wet. The staff do their best to ensure they limit slips and trips however there were a few .

As previous reviews always found something to our liking at the resteraunts and liked the idea of separate locations for lunch and dinner. Enjoyed the freshly cooked pancakes at 4.00 at the beach bar.
Believe First Choice are not including this next year , cannot understand why. I have stayed in Sharm ,Makadi Bay, Marsa Alam and Hurghada and would rate this as the best. Pity there was not a good house reef however did see lion fish, moray eels, puffers and scorpion fish in a small reef just outside the buoys, be mindfully of the speed boats.
This is a quiet resort aimed at water sports and relaxation so don't expect a 18 to 30s type enviroment
Final note my wife and daughter had a pedicure at the VIP spa ,lovely lady who was exceptional with my daughter - the feet looked good as well .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank tobster23

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Prior to our holiday we had read all the comments on the Dahabeya, and were looking forward to our holiday. Myself, husband and two daughters (22 & 20). I can only echo all the positive reviews, and am in complete agreement with the previous review from 2012mimi. It was a fantastic hotel and the staff were excellent. Thumbs up to Mizo and his team from us aswell. We had fun in all the activities we did, and unlike past holidays we were not pressurised into joining in( water gun aside). Before going to Eygpt so many people warned us of dodgy tummies. We tried all the food on offer and not one of us suffered at all. The chefs came round everynight to check that all was ok. The waiters certainly work hard, but manage to keep a smile up and a friendly chat. The towel boys were so polite and friendly, even putting our towels out the next day for us. The cleaner was always ready with a smile and ' how are you? have a good day'. The gardeners work hard to keep the grounds perfect. We all had a couple of massages each, myself and my husband had the man and our two daughters had the lady, it was the best massage I have had. All the staff are a credit to the hotel. We will certainly return. A hidden gem that I wouldn't change abit!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pompeygary
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012