$109
$70
$79
$38
Alf Leila Boutique Hotel.(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$36
$35
$96
$70
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$35
$65
  • Breakfast included
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
$43
$39
$46
TripAdvisor
1,203 results
All reviewsanimation teambeach baraqua gymwater polohotel beachharry nasslagoon areakite surfersfantastic hotelkids clubevery eveningmain restaurantrestaurant staffspecial thankssharm elblue holea free shuttle bus
Reviewed September 21, 2012

A few Bullett points which may help you:There is no coral reef of any kind off the beach at this hotel.There are many trips available (short & long) for snorkeling and diving - book through the dive centre on the beach loads cheaper than your holiday company.
It is also a wind surfing club - so its WINDY! This helps take the edge off the feel of the temperatures though making it more pleasant.
There are many sun lougers and shades available at the pool and the beach, we did not ever see anyone go without & we are not early risers.
The food is fantastic - beware Sammy and friends - always clowning around whilst working at full tilt. I am a fussy meat and potatoes man, there was always something for me.
The service is very very good.
A free shuttle bus is available to Dahab - though be warned it is an experiance - if you can't say no thank you every 3 seconds then you will be broke by the 3rd store, Ali Baba bazzar deserves a mention - everything is priced and he will let you look around unmolested and still have a deal.It is right at the end though so you have to run the gauntlet to get there!
There is a money machine at the Dahabya - put your sterling in get Egyptian out at a higher rate than we got in England.
There is a bank in the Hilton 15 minutes walk away.
Everyone at the hotel had a smile and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel being small feels very personal, add to that the high level of service and you have a winner.
If you want noise and a party hotel stay in Sharm. If you want a restful recharge your batteries, spoil yourself holiday then this is for you.
Thinking of goinig for 7 days - don't. I urge you to beg borrow or steel for the second week. It's the only mistake we made and we were not ready to come home.
Would I go back, yes definately & soon before Dahab becomes too big and loses it charm.

Room Tip: Pool or sea view rooms worth the extra.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jeff W
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2012.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

best hotel in egypt i have ever stayed in and i have been to a few. travelling with my elderly parents, daughter and 7 year old grandson, the hotel catered for us all .food fantastic, very high standard of cleanliness, very well maintained, staff fantastic and there is not one thing i can find fault with.if you a looking for a very relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings this is the place.i would also like to make a special point regarding the kids club. it was cool to go to the kids club, linn was absolutely fantastic with the children although there wasnt many of them, we all relaxed and he had lots of fun. when i return to dahbeya i will not consider any other hotel, i will be here

Room Tip: our room was overlooking the garden and it was lovely, maybe next time i would try for a room by the pool, but everywhere looked fine so it would not be a problem if none were available
4  Thank Suzanne W

Reviewed September 10, 2012

What can I say that has not been said - nothing. I was debating if would be able to add to the reviews without repeating the long list of compliments , the main reason I booked this hotel in the first place. I certainly was looking forward to my two weeks at the end of August but the saying goes " if it's too good to be true , it probably isn't. Well in this case forget the saying because it is. The service is fantastic and you will see several reviiewers mention Diia , I hope the management appreciate what an asset they have, I wish I could bottle that service and enthusiasm and sell it .

The animation team is the heart and soul of the pool area, led by Mizo , they ensure those that want to ,can enjoy a variety of activities , always encouraging every nationality to play together and create a united nations. My daughter enjoyed the volleyball particularly when it got less competitive as some adults thought it was the Olympics.

The rooms are kept spotless with original towel art . I was in room 2213 which overlooked the pool at the hotel end on the second floor - believe it or not had a better sea view than some hotels claim their designated sea view rooms have. One small point we had my 12 year old daughter who used the bed setee , not the most comfortable but at least was a double,better than some of the temporary single beds we have been given in the past. Did find it easier to put away in the morning and pull out at night. I believe the family rooms would have been more comfortable. Plenty of wardrobe space, bit deceiving at first since the shelves are deep.

Pool area kept clean and no issues with sun beds , though I am an early riser . Word of warning just be carefully on the tiles when wet. The staff do their best to ensure they limit slips and trips however there were a few .

As previous reviews always found something to our liking at the resteraunts and liked the idea of separate locations for lunch and dinner. Enjoyed the freshly cooked pancakes at 4.00 at the beach bar.
Believe First Choice are not including this next year , cannot understand why. I have stayed in Sharm ,Makadi Bay, Marsa Alam and Hurghada and would rate this as the best. Pity there was not a good house reef however did see lion fish, moray eels, puffers and scorpion fish in a small reef just outside the buoys, be mindfully of the speed boats.
This is a quiet resort aimed at water sports and relaxation so don't expect a 18 to 30s type enviroment
Final note my wife and daughter had a pedicure at the VIP spa ,lovely lady who was exceptional with my daughter - the feet looked good as well .

4  Thank tobster23

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Prior to our holiday we had read all the comments on the Dahabeya, and were looking forward to our holiday. Myself, husband and two daughters (22 & 20). I can only echo all the positive reviews, and am in complete agreement with the previous review from 2012mimi. It was a fantastic hotel and the staff were excellent. Thumbs up to Mizo and his team from us aswell. We had fun in all the activities we did, and unlike past holidays we were not pressurised into joining in( water gun aside). Before going to Eygpt so many people warned us of dodgy tummies. We tried all the food on offer and not one of us suffered at all. The chefs came round everynight to check that all was ok. The waiters certainly work hard, but manage to keep a smile up and a friendly chat. The towel boys were so polite and friendly, even putting our towels out the next day for us. The cleaner was always ready with a smile and ' how are you? have a good day'. The gardeners work hard to keep the grounds perfect. We all had a couple of massages each, myself and my husband had the man and our two daughters had the lady, it was the best massage I have had. All the staff are a credit to the hotel. We will certainly return. A hidden gem that I wouldn't change abit!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pompeygary
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I want to echo the review from my daughter above.

I was anxious travelling to Egypt alone with my 17 year old daughter, however I had absolutely no worries and I think this is due not only to a wonderful hotel but to the city of Dahab itself!

The Hotel:
Having stayed in 5 star hotels in Sharm previously this one beats them all! Nothing was too much too much trouble for the staff, from the reception to the bars to the restaurants to the cleaners to the animation team!

Our room was spotless always.(We asked for a quiet room, which we had and it was perfect.)The hotel grounds likewise with a team of supermarios (yes they look like the game!!) manicuring every blade of grass, flower bed and palm tree! The towel boys always happy and smiling with a cheeky comment and joke!

The waiters are always willing and cheerful, if somewhat overworked and short staffed. A special mention to Diia who greeted me every morning with a cup of tea at 630 am to take to my sunbed and a cheery "alright mate". He always had our usual drinks at our table within seconds of us arriving in the restaurant breakfast, lunch and dinner!

The food was very good, and like all buffets repetitive, but if you were clever you could easily vary your menu. It was always well presented, fresh and tasty. Most nights there was "themed" food! Not once did we have a funny tummy! Most nights the head chef came out to check everything was to our liking.

If you want quiet and watch the world go by the beach is the place to be, whilst the pool was lively with optional activities throughout the day. We experienced both. There are dogs on the beach who are just looking for shade and maybe a drink of water, they do not beg and are happy sharing your shade and enjoying a little tickle behind their ears... I understand some people do not like dogs but treating them with cruelty by kicking sand at them or frightening them away is unnecessary and upsetting, however i only saw this from certain guests!

The pool was lively and fun and this was due to the wonderful animation team led by the lovely Mizo. This is one person wholly dedicated to his work. A cheeky, lovable, happy, caring and funny gentleman who has the knack of getting everyone involved and having fun! He is a total asset to the hotel. For someone who usually does not like to get involved and would rather sit and read all day, Mizo had me doing everything willingly (and it was not the threat of the water gun..!!! This was hilarious to everyone though and a really funny touch as you watched Mizo "attack" guests with it, and watched guests get their revenge!) Line, who looked after the kids was magical with them. She was like the pied piper they all loved her, as did the adults. She is such a gentle, funny caring lady and another golden asset. The Animation team really added extra to a perfect hotel and holiday,

All in all I find it hard to pick any fault in this hotel....all I would say is a better meal on arrival after 10pm; update the equipment the animation team need and use on a daily basis; wash the beach towels in hot water to soften them a little more; more ice creams; leave the dogs alone.

This hotel to me was perfect. We had a wonderful time and would definitely return. As the hotel was relatively small most people spoke to each other from a friendly morning to long drawn out conversations as the sun went down to late into the evening, and as a result we made so many new and lovely friends who we will keep in contact with for a long long time! My daughter was totally relaxed in this hotel which enabled me to kick back and relax myself. Thank you Dahabeya for making a wonderful holiday.

Dahab
A lovely "city", so much more relaxed than Sharm and so refreshing not to be "hassled" to the point of harassment. Most sellers wished you a good day after you said no and did not insist to the point of you ending up being rude! Keep this charm please, it makes visiting your shops a much less stressful experience and makes us buy more! Oh a little tip "lovely jubbley" is so old now but I did like the offer of giving me "asda price"! Go off the beaten track and visit some of the bedouin cafes, they are so relaxed and chilled! Don't change Dahab!

4  Thank 2012Mimi