1,270 results
All reviewsanimation teambeach baraqua gymwater polohotel beachharry nasslagoon areakite surfersfantastic hotelkids clubevery eveningmain restaurantspecial thanksrestaurant staffsharm elblue holea free shuttle bus
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had researched this hotel at length for some considerable time so I was expecting it to be good. On arrival the airport was chaos, baggage collection was eventful as was the transfer to the hotel in a minibus part of it being off road which raised some giggles. We were met with a drink which was lovely and our luggage followed us to our room. We were greeted by two platters, 4 slices of spam, 4 of sweaty cheese, some sliced cucumber and sliced tomatoes and a plate holding four slices of assorted bread. We had one napkin and one knife and fork for two. My impression was that it was a nice effort but not quite good enough as I had no idea how long the meat and cheese had been left in a warm room and two of us had completed a long journey.

I had asked for a sunny balcony, quiet room with a pool view (the pool view was standard with our booking). We were placed right by the pool bar so the room itself was anything but quiet on the majority of nights and all throughout the days however apart from a couple of instances this did not prompt me enough to ask for a change of location. Mohamed was very good at keeping our room spotless.

The hotel itself was small, spotless and with good menus (which needed a little more variety as the only freshly cooked options were pasta at dinner and omelettes/eggs at breakfast. No lamb appeared on the menu at any time and the chicken was presented as though it had been put through a mechanical process rather than producing joints. Having said this the food was lovely. Waiters were excellent - noteably Diia who was a complete sweetheart and my total favourite that I missed on our last day Waled who was not a waiter but a genuine, gentle gentleman. The downside for me was being approached at every mealtime by one chef (without a hat) who seemingly had nothing better to do than wander around and made a point of telling me at every opportunity that I should be smiling and I was sad - I just don't wander around like a complete loon grinning like an idiot!!!!! (Please don't do this - it really got to me toward the end of my stay and the sight of him made me miserable!!!!)

Mena, Krolos (?) and the young chaps at the pool bar and lobby bar were lovely but at the beginning of our stay noticeably overworked - surely one to collect/wash glasses, one to serve tea/coffee and another for drinks maybe when hard pressed? Whilst on the subject of bar service it was noted that hygiene for glass washing (plastic at beach and poolside) was not ideal. Seemingly a quick rinse was sufficient hence my constant request for straws!!!!! A glass washing facility at both beach and poolside wouldn't be too hard to introduce. Another issue for me was the pool towels, huge items (wow!) but some could have really benefitted from a 90 degree wash as the overload of sun creams and oils was evident by smelling the towels - some of which I rejected. If this were done on a rotational basis this would really freshen them up - just a personal bug bear of mine which may not bother others.

The Animation team - reduced from 3 to 2 during our stay were wonderful. Lynn - primarily focused on the children was very professional and just great with the children who thoroughly seemed to enjoy her. Mizo headed the animation team and does an excellent job with limited resources - a gentleman with a professional outlook who genuinely seems to care for his guests. He made our stay enjoyable and the friends we made whilst there also embraced him as a friend - thank you Mizo but you do need a new laptop, new lighting equipment and a fan in your hut!!!!

Niggles - snacks - these were exactly the same fare as usually presented at other mealtimes (so not snacks!) and only available between 4pm and 5pm. Not good enough. Ice creams - very very poor selection and these were moved every evening if these were available at all - please just lock the freezer as this isn't good for the produce! Wifi - I consider it cheap to have to pay to access this - again this is not what I would expect so please change this even if access is limited to the length of stay - this isn't impossible to do.

The beach was a mere step away but would have benefitted from a clean up every other day please. There are a number of dogs that come to seek peace and quiet, shade and a drink of water - they do not beg for food and were never aggressive - they just needed a place to rest so please treat them kindly. There was only one cat, an intact male, beautiful eyes and with wonderful markings. Birds aplenty but not in the heat of the day.

As a lone female with teenage daughter we took advantage of baby fish who were lovely. The snorkelling on the glass bottomed boat trip was wonderful and we were treated very well as the only Europeans.

All in all an excellent holiday, we made some wonderful friends - would I recommend this hotel - without a shadow of a doubt - attention to detail is all that is required. I would consider returning in a few years but at the moment the world is too big!

Room Tip: Unless you have air con at home this can be tricky to get used to. Pool side will be noisy!
2  Thank BCW36
JazDahabeya, General Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer. Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.
Islam Sabry
Hotel Manage

Reviewed September 1, 2012

It was my first time at the hotel and I was struck by the way that people took care of us during our stay! From the lovely Diya, who refilled our drinks as soon as he noticed them getting low, to the lovely man who cleaned our room and left special towel animals for us-everyone was so friendly and helpful!
But it was the entertainment team that made our holiday; with special mention to Mizo and Line. My son (11) attended the kids club most days because of the warm and caring nature of Line, who provided a wealth of activities and would adapt them to suit the children's interests. He made swords, boxes, balloon sculptures, played games; Uno, cards, water polo (to name a few) and could relax in the club house. It was evident that she was dedicated to her work and loved it!
Mizo ran the entertainment and his professional attitude and approach to his work is commendable! There was a superb range of activities during the day (water aerobics, yoga, darts, volleyball, water polo and my personal favourite was the Arabic lesson) All of these allowed men,women and children to participate and brought people together. Mizo was friendly, polite and a bit cheeky which made everyone relax and join in!
The evening entertainment consisted of a mini disco at 8pm for the children, which they loved, and then a wonderful selection of events for families. With a perfect balance of humour and participation from guests and staff and finished with everyone up and dancing. The energy and enthusiasm that Mizo put into his work certainly made peoples' holiday!
The holiday was a success for all of us; a perfect combination of relaxation and entertainment delivered by some of the friendliest and hardworking people I have ever had the privilege to meet.

2  Thank 994Sarah
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2012.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was our second visit to this hotel and was just as fantastic as last year. All of the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, making you feel welcome and relaxed from the minute you arrive until you depart. There were several staff that remembered our names from the previous year and even remembered the drinks we liked (Thank you Hosam!). The restaurant staff were lovely, Mustafa and Mohammed in particular, and the chef frequently spoke to us to check that everything was okay. The pool bar staff were also great, thank you Mena and Shady - your cocktails were amazing! The animation team worked very hard and were always smiling and having fun with the guests (the water pistol attacks were a laugh and actually very refreshing!!), without being pushy. I can not praise the staff enough as they all work such long hours and are always happy. The hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean - thank you Mohammed. The pool area was very busy but we always managed to find a sunbed and enjoyed the lovely clean swimming pool. We went on the glass bottomed boat (just 7 euros each) and enjoying snorkelling on Napoleon Reef before returning to the hotel. I recommend this, but book through the guys in the hotel (based to the right on the beach, not the left hand centre). They also run excellent value snorkelling trips. Neither of us were ill over the holiday, the food was cooked well and there was always something for everyone to enjoy. The addition of a free bottle of water each day is a great idea, and much needed to keep hydrated. We met several other couples that we met last year and had also returned, surely this says how good this place is?! I can not praise this hotel enough, it really is fantastic. We will return again, but will probably contact the hotel direct and book our own flights - I hear that Thomson/First Choice may not be using the hotel? If this is true, they will surely lose a lot of money as in my opinion this is the best hotel in Dahab. Thank you to all of the staff, we look forward to staying with you again.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nicola7774

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Spent 2 weeks at this hotel and had a fantastic time, didn't want to leave. The hotel was lovely and we had aroom overlooking the pool which was great if you wanted to use the pool or go on the beach. The room was spacious and clean and a bottle of water was left every evening. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and there was something for everyone. The chef always asked for feedback on the food and one night my friend asked jelly after her meal and he made it for all of us. Another night he made us creme caramel which was lovely and then creme brulee. Nothing was too much trouble. The animation team are great, Motaz is really funny (sabotagee). We had a thoroughly good workout in the Aqua gym and a great laugh in Botcha (now I know how to play it). Eventhough we didn't join in with everything Motaz and his team would stop and have a chat with us either in the hotel lobby in the evening or on the beach during the day. The entertainment shows in the evening were very good and funny. The animation team are a great laugh and very helpful. The staff on reception are extremely helpful as we had trouble with our taxi going home and they arranged transport for us, aswell as acting as an interpreter with the taxi office in Sharm. We cannot thank them enough for their help. Next year we are booking our taxi through themWhat greater recommendation can i give than we are going back to this hotel next year. There was only one downside for me was that there were stray dogs on the beach which seemed to run in a pack, which is quite intimidating for me as I am afraid of dogs. Maybe security should move them away.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior pool room - ideal for the beach, restaurant and pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WallaseyLinda

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We returned yesterday from the Iberotel and wished we stayed longer. Very sad to leave such a beautiful place. The hotel was way above my expectations having been to Sharm 6 years ago and hated it. Dahab is so different and quaint and away from the hustle of what Sharm offers. The hotel staff are just wonderful always making sure you are happy and if you need anything they go that extra mile. The rooms were spotless and really nice. We go to the caribbean at least once a year but have to say that this resort for us was nicer than some of the Caribbean. Entertainment team were great and Mizo was the life and soul of the week his favourite saying being Sabotage and spraying everyone with his water gun! Diaa,Mena and Keros waiters and bar staff were also very friendly and ensured we had a lovely holiday. Service with a smile. The resort is great for water sports. I had a two hour wind surf lesson which was great at £25!. We hired a rib for an hour, went water ski-ing, days boat trip snorkelling, and went out on the inflatable sofa. Such a fab time. Weather was wonderful and not a cloud in the sky. We went into the town and ate at Ali Baba twice good food and service and very reasonably priced. Don't order starters as you get complimentary pitta and mezze plus bruschetta! Good shuttle service from the hotel. My only grumble would be the flight, Thomson need to fly bigger and more spacious planes, the crew aren't very friendly and they should include inflight meals as the cost is the same as long haul if not more when you add on the extras. Sharm airport is not great and a
Though there are no smoking signs this was ignored and the haze of smoke and smell was like being in a night club, my son and husband are asthmatic and my son had to take his inhaler. The cost of food at the airport is expensive and probably worth waiting until you get on the plane to buy something. The holiday itself was truly memorable and we are looking to return very soon. Well done Irberotel for making my 40th birthday with my family so amazing.

Room Tip: Pool view or sea view are the best rooms
1  Thank Sue M
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012