1,268 results
All reviewsanimation teambeach baraqua gymwater polohotel beachharry nasslagoon areakite surfersfantastic hotelkids clubevery eveningmain restaurantspecial thanksrestaurant staffsharm elblue holea free shuttle bus
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Spent 2 weeks at this hotel and had a fantastic time, didn't want to leave. The hotel was lovely and we had aroom overlooking the pool which was great if you wanted to use the pool or go on the beach. The room was spacious and clean and a bottle of water was left every evening. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and there was something for everyone. The chef always asked for feedback on the food and one night my friend asked jelly after her meal and he made it for all of us. Another night he made us creme caramel which was lovely and then creme brulee. Nothing was too much trouble. The animation team are great, Motaz is really funny (sabotagee). We had a thoroughly good workout in the Aqua gym and a great laugh in Botcha (now I know how to play it). Eventhough we didn't join in with everything Motaz and his team would stop and have a chat with us either in the hotel lobby in the evening or on the beach during the day. The entertainment shows in the evening were very good and funny. The animation team are a great laugh and very helpful. The staff on reception are extremely helpful as we had trouble with our taxi going home and they arranged transport for us, aswell as acting as an interpreter with the taxi office in Sharm. We cannot thank them enough for their help. Next year we are booking our taxi through themWhat greater recommendation can i give than we are going back to this hotel next year. There was only one downside for me was that there were stray dogs on the beach which seemed to run in a pack, which is quite intimidating for me as I am afraid of dogs. Maybe security should move them away.

Room Tip: Ask for a superior pool room - ideal for the beach, restaurant and pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WallaseyLinda
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2012.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We returned yesterday from the Iberotel and wished we stayed longer. Very sad to leave such a beautiful place. The hotel was way above my expectations having been to Sharm 6 years ago and hated it. Dahab is so different and quaint and away from the hustle of what Sharm offers. The hotel staff are just wonderful always making sure you are happy and if you need anything they go that extra mile. The rooms were spotless and really nice. We go to the caribbean at least once a year but have to say that this resort for us was nicer than some of the Caribbean. Entertainment team were great and Mizo was the life and soul of the week his favourite saying being Sabotage and spraying everyone with his water gun! Diaa,Mena and Keros waiters and bar staff were also very friendly and ensured we had a lovely holiday. Service with a smile. The resort is great for water sports. I had a two hour wind surf lesson which was great at £25!. We hired a rib for an hour, went water ski-ing, days boat trip snorkelling, and went out on the inflatable sofa. Such a fab time. Weather was wonderful and not a cloud in the sky. We went into the town and ate at Ali Baba twice good food and service and very reasonably priced. Don't order starters as you get complimentary pitta and mezze plus bruschetta! Good shuttle service from the hotel. My only grumble would be the flight, Thomson need to fly bigger and more spacious planes, the crew aren't very friendly and they should include inflight meals as the cost is the same as long haul if not more when you add on the extras. Sharm airport is not great and a
Though there are no smoking signs this was ignored and the haze of smoke and smell was like being in a night club, my son and husband are asthmatic and my son had to take his inhaler. The cost of food at the airport is expensive and probably worth waiting until you get on the plane to buy something. The holiday itself was truly memorable and we are looking to return very soon. Well done Irberotel for making my 40th birthday with my family so amazing.

Room Tip: Pool view or sea view are the best rooms
1  Thank Sue M
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have just returned from a week at the Iberotel with my 2 teenagers (15 and 16). We had a fabulous time and didn't want to leave. The hotel is relatively small and is at the end of the lagoon area beach. The beach is made up of fine sand and the sea is shallow and warm! I asked for 3 beds since my kids aren't small and when we checked in one of the beds was like a camp bed with a thin mattress, I asked for it to be changed and it was replaced with no trouble for a proper bed. Reception staff looked for me later to make sure that I was happy and everything was ok. All of the staff were very helpful particularly Shady who cleaned our room and Shady at the pool bar. If you like a quiet pool this is not the place for you! The animation team do stretching by the pool, aqua Gym, darts and water polo! The only thing that disappointed me was the snorkelling, there is not much to see straight off the beach. We went on a boat trip from the beach to the Napolean Reef where the coral and fish were amazing. The Aqua Wave watersports guy will organise it and it isn't expensive.

2  Thank sparkle5025
JazDahabeya, General Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer. Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.
Islam Sabry

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just got back from 2 weeks in Iberotel Dahabeya…. Where to start? I have nothing but positive comments.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the reception staff with smiles and drinks. Our luggage was taken to our rooms and we were taken on a tour of the hotel so we knew where everything was. Our room was on the poolside… literally 10 steps from the door into the pool! Then another 10 to the beach!

Breakfast was amazing and there was a great range of food catering to all tastes. Likewise, Lunch and Dinner were amazing; the chef kept asking if everything was good enough which it always was. The management were always doing their utmost to make sure our holiday was going well.

The rooms were immaculate and cleaned daily. You can’t hear any noise whatsoever at night. Every night was a good nights sleep (just don’t have your air con too cold at night).

Through out the day we spent most our time by the pool, the animation team provides activities throughout the day such as stretching (bit like yoga/ muscle warm ups), darts, bowls, aqua gym, billiards, water polo, volleyball and evening entertainment. All of these activities are optional but you are always gently encouraged to join in…. Me (20) and my 16 year old sister loved it and my Dad got involved too. I would like to give a special mention to the animation team Mizo (Motaz), Willie (Walid) and Linn (Line) as they made our holiday truly memorable!!!

The beach is right on the door step and the sea is clear, you can snorkel here and see some fish but there are also boat trips to better reefs to see better fish. There are also diving schools, wind surfing, kite surfing schools etc all close by.

We went star gazing through one the dive centers (Black Rock) for £18 this included jeep and camel ride through the desert, a Bedouin meal at Bedouin camp with entertainment, then lying under the stars.. we saw loads of shooting stars!!!! (Thompson charge £30 for a similar trip)

The local town of Dahab is 5-10 minutes away on the FREE shuttle bus but out of hours you can get a taxi for about 5 LE (Egyptian pounds) which is about 50p. The locals are lovely and willing to show you around their shops. The town is small but has a variety of shops and restaurants. There isn’t really any clubs in Dahab (we came to get away from the club scene in Sharm El Shiek) but Mojito Bar has a bit of a club feel to it and Black Rock diving centre (2minutes down the beach from Iberotel Dahabeya) throws a really good beach party on Friday nights ( kicks off about 11.30pm).

It was horrible having to leave after 2 weeks, it really began to feel like a 2nd home but we are hoping to return next year!!!!

Can’t recommend this hotel enough… Perfect relaxing holiday for families, couples and even if you’re on your own!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room the hotel is quiet small so you are never too far from anything, I personally loved our pool side ground floor room!!!
2  Thank BryoniLindley

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I could wax lyrical about this place all day. We returned last week after a second visit to this hotel and we had an absolutely fantastic time. As someone who has always said that they would never return to the same destination twice never mind the same hotel, I will certainly be booking to return next year for a third time. This little hotel is a gem made special by the outstanding staff who all seem to care about providing the best customer service possible whilst being friendly and warm towards all of the guests. I travelled with my (just) teenage son and was able to relax and umwind whilst he was occupied by the endless activities going on throughout the day. There is plenty going on in this hotel, from the daytime poolside water polo games and Arabic lessons on the beach right through to the evening quizzes and shows. In this regard, special mention must be given to Willie, Mizo and Lena who provided much entertainment and made us feel at home whether we wanted to get involved in activities or not.

2  Thank Jeannie5194
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012