1,272 results
All reviewsanimation teambeach baraqua gymwater polohotel beachharry nasslagoon areakite surfersfantastic hotelkids clubevery eveningmain restaurantspecial thanksrestaurant staffsharm elblue holea free shuttle bus
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I could wax lyrical about this place all day. We returned last week after a second visit to this hotel and we had an absolutely fantastic time. As someone who has always said that they would never return to the same destination twice never mind the same hotel, I will certainly be booking to return next year for a third time. This little hotel is a gem made special by the outstanding staff who all seem to care about providing the best customer service possible whilst being friendly and warm towards all of the guests. I travelled with my (just) teenage son and was able to relax and umwind whilst he was occupied by the endless activities going on throughout the day. There is plenty going on in this hotel, from the daytime poolside water polo games and Arabic lessons on the beach right through to the evening quizzes and shows. In this regard, special mention must be given to Willie, Mizo and Lena who provided much entertainment and made us feel at home whether we wanted to get involved in activities or not.

2  Thank Jeannie5194
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

TripAdvisor - Top Egypt 25 Hotels for Service 2012

This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements in 2012.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our holiday started with an flight to Sharm el Sheikh airport by Thomsons. That's another story and I'll be writing to Thomsons about possibly the worst flight I've been on. We then boarded a minicoach to Dahab and were turned back at the checkpoint and had to stay in Sharm for the evening. Not a good start to a well needed holiday. As you can imagine I was feeling that whatever could go wrong will go wrong and felt I would be needing a holiday to recover from this.
The next morning we finally began our journey to Dahab, crossing the checkpoint and winding through some breath taking, mountainous, desert scenery. Around 40 minutes later we arrived at the Iberotel Dahabeya and this is where it all changed. Considering the events of the past 24 hours I was in one of those moods where it was going to take considerable efforts to convince me that this holiday was a good choice and the staff at the Dahabeya did just that with ease.
By the time we had filled out our arrival cards in reception our luggage was in our rooms. The foyer and atrium of the hotel set the tone with their cleanliness and decor and the front of house staff were smiling and seemed genuinely pleased to see us. We were escorted to our rooms which were not only located right by the pool and less than fifty yards from the beach, but were also tastefully decorated, well laid out and scrupulously clean. I turned to tip the bell boy but he had gone with a smile on his face.
We unpacked and found ample storage room for our clothes and belongings. The room refrigerator was cold and the safe easy to operate. It's the little things and attention to detail that start a holiday off well and this hotel seems to know just how to do it.
Lunch was a very pleasant surprise with a vast choice and the waiters were very quick to attend with drinks. Then it was time to test the pool which has a notice board displaying the pool temperature, air temperature, ph level and sea temperature. By this time it was in the mid 40 degrees and the pool bar was staffed by Meno and Shady who were very quick to provide refreshments.
At 3:30pm the animation team began recruiting guests to play waterpolo. It was impossible to refuse when I saw the enthusiasm of other guests and I enjoyed the game for the humour and sportsmanship of the animation team. The guests were a mixture of British, German, Austrain, Polish and Swiss who were all very friendly and welcoming.
The evening meal was nothing short of outstanding with more than enough choice to please everyone. I had forgotten the flight and delay and the checkpoint and sat in awe at how perfect the holiday had become on day one.
After dinner we were entertained by the animation team who provided a mini disco for the children then a show for the adults. Considering there were only four team members it was easy to see how hard they must work from morning til night. The Kids Club was run by Line from Denmark who, in two weeks, was never seen without a smile on her face. The Animation Team Chief was Mizo whose catchphrase 'Sabotage' grew on us to the point where we regularly use it at home now. The remainder of the team were Willie and Kimo. We knew Kimo from the Three Corners Hotel in Taba from the year before and rekindled our accquaintance although Kimo left the hotel halfway through our holiday to work elsewhere.
Willie was comfortable in many languages and always involved in whatever was happening. It was plain to see just how hard the team worked, spending time with kids and guests and planning shows for the following evening and all this with constant smiles.
I'm not quite sure how it happened but within a couple of days in this Egyptian Paradise our daughters had become honourary members of the Animation Team and they had even roped me into one of the evening shows in two sketches entitled Robin Hood and Egyptian Water Dance which were written by Mizo and rehearsed the night before. Quite how they did this escapes me as I had every intention of just relaxing but without being pushy they had comvinced me to make my stage debut in front of the rest of the hotel guests. It must have gone down well as the next day total strangers were smiling and slapping me on the back and calling me 'Rocky' (My character in one sketch).
I can't quite put my finger on it but there's just something about the Dahabeya that makes it perfect. It may be a combination of the location, staff and facilities that all come together to make it what it is but by the end of the first week my wife was scouring the internet to book for next year.
We felt it important to let the management know how well they were doing so spoke to the Front of House Manager and expressed just how much we appreciated the service and hotel. We then retired to the pool bar for an hour and on returning to our room we were greeted with a plate of fruit and bottle of wine courtesy of the management.
The second week was even better! We were invited by other guests, Martin and Jen, to a Bedouin Evening which involved a camel ride into the desert followed by star gazing and a fabulous meal of Baba Ganoush, Kofte, Chicken, Salad and other traditional Egyptian food. we were entertained by the Bedouin who performed a few songs then we settled down to watch the night sky. With no light pollution the sky was breathtakingly clear and my wife saw her first shooting stars.
My daughters and I took part in another animation show while my wife videoed the show. We usually take a few trips on holiday and in the past have visited Petra and Jerusalem and done boat trips but something kept us at the hotel. For a family that usually likes to relax and keep itself to itself we had become somewhat gregarious and enjoyed the company of other guests from all nationalities.
The town centre of Dahab is a short trip by minibus provided by the hotel and there is an automated money changing machine right outside the hotel. The minibus drops people by the Lagoon Shop and this is where the tourist shopping begins. Follow the road straight along to the fountain, which is dry, and turn right. At the next monument turn left and continue over the hump backed bridge and that's basically the tourist route through Dahab. Be prepared to haggle a little. For those essentials there is the Ghazala Market just before the second monument on the right which provides just about everything you could need.
At the end of the holiday we were given a 3pm checkout which is ideal as everywhere we've been before has had a 12 noon checkout. Again it seems a small issue but the later checkout gives the opportunity to have lunch and more pool time before showering and packing without rushing around.
I have visted many countries and experienced many hotels but this one has that little bit extra and goes that little bit further to make it perfect. The Animation Team were awesome, the bar staff and waiters very perceptive, the management were eager to please at every opportunity.
We will return to the Iberotel Dahabeya next year because a holiday as perfect as this is hard to find.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are ideal
7  Thank Richard M
JazDahabeya, General Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer. Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.
Islam Sabry

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just recently returned from an 11 night stay at this hotel. The hotel is about an hour away from the airport and on the beach front. We had a superior room by the pool which was clean, spacious and cool. We had a terrace/veranda with the room which was an added bonus.
The staff were all amazing and very helpful and friendly. Every day we were greeted with smiles and nothing was too much of a problem. The animation staff were funny, encouraging and very entertaining. I loved the aqua gym and the night time entertainment for adults, however the kids could do with a bit more variety on the mini disco, So a big thank you to Mizo, Willie, Kimo and Line - you are fabulous.....

We visited Dahab town once for an hour and all the time we were there we felt harrassed to purchase from the local shops. My husband went there a few years ago and said it has changed alot since he went there, however it is still not as bad as Sharm.

The local shops next to the hotel were very nice and although a little pushy would accept it if you did not purchase from them.

The spa at the hotel was also very reasonably priced and highly recommended.

The beach was clean, and the water sport providers on the beach were reasonably priced and if you stick with one you get discounts or longer time. I tried Wakeboarding, and the whole family did the banana boat and the tube which were so much fun.

Would we go back? Without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tania7257

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just returned home from the Iberotel Dahabeya after two amazing weeks and already want to go back!
The hotel is absolutely fantastic; There was a great varied choice in delicious food and you are always greeted into the restaurant with smiles from the staff! Everywhere is so so clean, the rooms are lovely and we were incredibly lucky to have a pool side room where only a few steps were needed for you to be in the pool. The Air conditioning was good and was greatly appreciated after the superb temperatures averaging to about 45 - 50 Degrees Celsius!!!
Its only about a 5 - 10 minute taxi drive into Dahab center which you can get into free via the hotel. Dahab center is a beautiful place to go and visit with all its local shops, restaurants and coffee shops which you are pleasantly invited into by the friendly locals. The cleanliness of both the hotel and the center of Dahab was excellent. The rooms are cleaned every day with fresh bedding and towels without question and you are given a free litre bottle of water is placed into your room once a day.

Its the perfect hotel to stay with such a relaxing atmosphere and so much to do in the sea, on the beach and around the hotel. There is a dive centre just down the beach and a surf and water sports hire shop where you can take part in things such as; wind surfing, water skiing, glass bottom boat trips, para sailing and many more. In addition to this just down the beach at the dive center we went on an outstanding star gazing trip to a Bedouin camp where you got to ride up on a camel and try their amazing food. We spent a few peaceful hours looking into the clear sky spotting countless shooting shooting stars... It was absolutely stunning!

The bar staff will come regularly around the poolside taking requests for drinks to allow you to make the most of the sun. ALL of the staff are amazing especially the 'Animation Team' who I can personally say made my holiday so special! Thankyou to Mizo, Willie and Linn for being the best Animation Team we have ever had the pleasure to meet! All three of them work so hard throughout the day organizing several activities which i personally got involved with every day. There is a fantastic 'Kids Club' which sees Linn doing a fantastic job with with getting ALL the children involved making their holiday so fun and enjoyable! Both Mizo and Willie work incredibly hard as they host all sorts of activities throughout the day such as 'Stretching, Aqua Gym, Bocha, Darts, A fun but VERY competitive game of Water Polo and equally a game of Beach Volley Ball' every day! On top of this all three of them host a kids club dance and family shows EVERY night for excellent entertainment such as an Oriental night, a quiz night, a Comedy night and many more. Even after their working hours they were more than happy to go out into town with myself and my sister to spend a chilled out evening in a coffee shop or a bar. They truly are a wonderful part of the hotel and defiantly contributed highly to us having such a fantastic holiday! A big big thankyou to all of you!!!
Thank you so much Dahabeya for such a wonderful well needed holiday! Can't wait to come back next year!!!! I just wish it wasn't such a long time to wait!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I can't actually rate this hotel highly enough. We've visited Egypt 5 times now and stayed at a number of hotels, the Dahabeya outshines all of these. We stopped for two weeks at the beginning of August 2012 and shall definitely be returning in August 2013!

From the moment you arrive the team of staff treat you as individuals; wanting to get to know your names, the drinks you prefer, how involved you wish to become in the variety of activities (gently encouraging but never pressurising, as is the case in many other hotels we've visited). The management team are also very much involved in ensuring their guests are enjoying their holidays and are not some elusive body of people that you rarely see. They constantly check and ensure the high standards are maintained and are also involved in the evening entertainment.

The choice of food is immense and of a very high quality. Irrespective of the standard of food the chefs are still concerned that ALL guests enjoy their meals and on a daily basis are happy to discuss any comments you may have and alter things to your personal taste. From our perspective, however, we enjoyed every single meal whether this be the breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks or evening meals. Unlike many All Inclusive hotels, there isn't the 'cattle market' feel at dining times either. The whole dining experience is a very relaxed affair with the option of eating either inside or out.

The rooms are spotlessly cleaned on a daily basis with decorative 'towel sculptures' awaiting your return every other day, gifts of fruit and chocolate on other days. A bottle of water is also delivered daily but, of course, the All Inclusive option at this hotel ensures that you can easily rehydrate at the variety of bars and restaurants they have throughout the hotel (opening at 6.30am and closing beyond midnight).

The pool is, likewise, meticulously cleaned on a daily basis.

The hotel is ideally located on the beach; just a 5-10minute drive in the free shuttle bus to the centre of Dahab, a 2 minute walk to local shops and a pharmacy, an hour from Sharm airport and should you wish to take part in diving, snorkelling, windsurfing, water skiing etc there are a number of 'dive centres' literally within a couple of minutes walk down the beach. A range of other activities are also easily arranged with these centres and are far cheaper than any of those offered by Thomson. (We paid £18 for a camel ride, star gazing evening plus a Bedouin meal and entertainment as opposed to the £30+ pounds Thomson were asking for!!)

I came on holiday this year to recharge after a very hectic year but I also came with my teenage daughters and husband that wanted a little more than my constant lying in the sun!! It is thanks to an incredible animation team of 3 that this was made possible. I therefore want to give a particular mention to Mizo, Willie and Linn. The immense hard work of these 3 people ensured that we ALL had an incredible time. They provided; Stretching, Darts, Boccia, Aqua Gym, Water Polo, Volley Ball AND all the evening activities with an unwaning stamina. Their humour, patience and enthusiasm was so infectious that one of my daughters chose to become involved in practically every activity (any parent with a teenage child MUST realise the enormity of this!!).

To leave at the end of the 2 weeks was difficult due to having had such a lovely time but we'll definitely return and look forward to the hospitality of this wonderful hotel again.

1  Thank scoobs2
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012