“Excellent time in Dahab”
Review of Dive Urge

Dive Urge
Ranked #1 of 28 Dahab B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent time in Dahab”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had an amazing time with Duve Urge - a beautiful setting, excellent diving and the staff are so friendly and helpful, they can't do enough for you. It is such a shame that people are staying away from Egypt, particularly Dahab, because of what they have read in the media and in travel advice. Not once did I feel unsafe and I really don't understand where the media and travel advisors are getting their information from because people truly are missing out on such a magical place! I will definitely be returning to Dahab and Dive Urge this year and probably more than once

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank JennieWren03
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
The negative travel advise for this area is now becoming a joke and thanks to you for this positive comment, i think it is clear that it is for no real reason at all to not come and enjoy your holiday here in Dahab.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London
Reviewed March 12, 2014

First of all I'm aware that people might be put coming to Dahab due to the security advisory from the UK Foreign Office about south Sinai. Ignore that - the incident that caused it was 200km away near the Israeli border. Dahab is a) perfectly safe, and b) everybody is extremely friendly and helpful. I felt entirely safe wandering about, even along the beach at night. They also looked after me brilliantly when I got stranded an extra day by torrential rain and couldn't get to the airport

Onto Dive Urge - they were recommended to me by a friend, and I'm extremely glad she did. I've never dived Dahab before and didn't know what to expect, but they advised me beforehand in terms of gear, wetsuit thickness etc perfectly.

Turned up - collected from the airport, looked after brilliantly. Staff could not have been more helpful and treated me like family - literally nothing was too much trouble. I dived all week with Ahmed - possibly the most patient & ever-cheerful instructor/guide in the world! Everything dive related was handled seamlessly.

The rooms are basic but well appointed & comfortable - exactly what's required on a dive holiday. There's plenty of chill out areas as well and you're right next to the beach. Food is the same - simple but well cooked - I ate breakfast there every day and a few lunches and dinners.

If you want a relaxed, friendly but professional dive lodge this is the place to stay in Dahab. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thanks for reassuring the UK public that Dahab is perfectly safe and that the FCO warning seems moot here, yet still destructive in its effects, lets fight for this amazing town to recover, enough is enough.
Decatur, Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was our 3rd trip with Dive Urge so we knew the quality of the service & the accomadtions which were very good. The one d.ifference on this trip is I had become a diving with limited mobility. I let them know before arrival and they made sure I was as close to the resturant & dive locker as well as ground floorRoom. Dive Urge Food worked with my diet as I was on meds and almost everything upset my stomach. Between the cook & waiter they figured out something good every day.
The big surprise was the diving part. The dive locker staff would not allow me to carrymy gear & assisted with washing it everyday. DM's -Mando & Ahmad, took care of me by walking into the water then going back for my gear where they helped me in getting on. Then same on exit. The Bedouin Drivers carried gear to waters edge, sometimes wading out to assist. I was very impressed with the service given with a smile. I not sure I have the proper words to say Thanks & give enough praise to Dive Urge.
since returning home,I have had one knee replaced and am rehabing to where I can have the second one replaced. Then it will be time to think of another Trip to Dahab with DIVE URGE.
Thanks again.
My brother posted serveral weeks ago "OAKBARN"

Room Tip: Garden rooms are quiet and close to resturant.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mcrtex
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
We love to help anyone who has limited mobility to still enjoy their diving here, and we love that you appreciated it. Big love to you and your brother on your 3rd visit, see you soon for a 4th visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had such an enjoyable holiday at Dive Urge and are very grateful for all the wonderful hospitality from the team of friendly staff - we felt thoroughly looked after with everything perfectly organised for us. Nothing was too much trouble and we felt like one of the family. It was a perfect little 'bubble' for my husband and I to relax for a week.

Dive Urge is in a great location on the beach with plenty of space to lounge around in the sun or shade. They also offer very tasty food all day (our favourites were shakshouka and pancakes for breakfast) and we really enjoyed the dinner in the mountains around a fire under the stars (which is included in accommodation price). Rooms are very clean with constant hot water and free wifi/laundry service. It is also only 10-15 min walk along the waterfront into town if you want to explore more of the laid back restaurants and cafés.

Ahmed our diving instructor was excellent - he was very supportive, friendly and explained everything very clearly. We went diving every day and had a really enjoyable time doing a refresher dive, our advanced open water course, plus a few fun dives - including the blue hole, canyon, eel garden, lighthouse and also managed to muster up the courage to try a night dive. The coral reefs are so beautiful and teeming with sea life - there are so many other dive sites we didn't have time to try, so hopefully we can try them next time! On returning from each dive, Nesimi was always there to greet us with a cheery smile and pot of hibiscus tea (my new addiction!) and sometimes a open pit fire to warm us up when needed.

We would thoroughly recommend Dive Urge to anyone who is looking for a laid back diving holiday and enjoys small family run B&Bs. Thank you to everyone at Dive Urge - we hope you have a successful year ahead and hopefully see you again soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClaireTyler79
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments especially " We would thoroughly recommend Dive Urge to anyone who is looking for a laid back diving holiday and enjoys small family run B&Bs" and hope you can both come for longer next time.
Bartonville, Texas
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Once again we stayed and dove with Dive-Urge. The rooms are well maintained and the entire facility is extremely clean. A nice change is that Dahab is generally cleaner as well. The Dive masters, Both Mando and Ahmed were great. We were offered to continue with Mando, but joined some other guests that had just completed their open water. As my brother and I have won all our races, we enjoyed the slower pace of the new divers. And since I am an air hog, it was actually nice for someone else to have to surface first.
This is our third stay with Dive-Urge and they well deserve the first rating they get. From the Dive Masters to the lowest person there, they are very gracious and attentive to your needs. I am already planning my fourth visit.
Had to believe, but I think it is even better than before.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Keeping standards high and constantly re-improving Dive Urge has led to priceless comments such as these from our guests..." our third stay with Dive-Urge and they well deserve the first rating they get "
Markfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have just returned from a weeks solo holiday and my first, but not my last stay at dive urge in Dahab. What a great little gem this small, family run hotel is. Small, so you get a personal service,Friendly staff who can't do enough for you, plus you get to choose you favourite dishes from the menu and it will be freshly cooked for you..(The seafood platter is a must try dish).Every where is kept clean and tidy.
If like me, you are a diver, there is great diving to be had on excellent reef's in a very safe and relaxed environment.
I have just booked to return at the end of May with my wife and we are already counting down the week's, so that should tell you something..Best wishes to everyone at Dive Urge and see you soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thanks to raythediver for his comments, but this is the corker ‘I have just booked to return at the end of May with my wife and we are already counting down the week's’ says it all doesn't it? We look forward to seeing you in May.
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a week staying at Dive Urge- what a truly fabulous place. It felt a little like an oasis, with everything you could wish for at your fingertips. The staff or more truthfully friends, were simply fabulous, to say nothing was too much trouble does not quite sum it up.

Our dive instructor Ahmed was brilliant and the diving fantastic, we even had a dive which was most easily reached by camel!!! We had five days diving with great buddies and hopefully made some new friends as a result.

Evenings were spent with others around a fire chatting about all sorts of things. On two evenings guests celebrated birthdays and we were treated to wonderful cake thanks to Nadia.

We will certainly be returning and I recommend Dive Urge if you want a break from corporate living and the same old hotel experience- we have really been spoilt now and going back to that same kind of hotel experience will not quite work for us now. You thoroughly deserve the five stars just a shame there isn't a six to award.

Thank you Dive Urge and see you in September,
Christina

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christina Q
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I just loved your quote’ I recommend Dive Urge if you want a break from corporate living and the same old hotel experience’ thank you so much, what great company you were. We look forward to seeing you in September.