“Feels like home”

Ranked #1 of 27 Dahab B&B and Inns
Hamburg
“Feels like home”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My first time in Dahab brought me to the Dive Urge. Although I am not (yet) a diver I decided to book a beautiful seaview room at the Dive Urge.

This place is worth a visit! Transportation from Sharm el Sheikh airport to Dahab included, complimentary bottled water the whole day and a great breakfast to name only some of the amenities.

No matter what age or nationality, the staff is helpful, cheerful and open hearted. I felt comfortable from the first second.

Located at the very end/beginning of the boardwalk the Dive Urges is in walking distance to all the bars, restaurants and shops.

A nice house reef invites you for snorkling. As a beginner I was excited to see so many fishes.

If you go to Dahab you definitely should consider staying at this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
We love that you felt so at home here, even as non-divers. We are also glad that our all inclusive package which includes:transfers, water, laundry and drinking water is appreciated. Look forward to seeing you both back here soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Once I got over the fact that Dahab looks like it was shelled recently, I settled into the charm of the place. There is no mistaking the fact that this is Egypt and not some random hot country with a beach covered in sun loungers.
Nestled in amongst the debris is Dive Urge and what an oasis of relaxation and calm to enjoy the local delights. I'll start with the amazingly attentive staff for whom nothing was a problem. The owners have created an environment that is more, 'staying at their place', than, 'random hotel in hot place designed to make the owners rich'. As a result it could not be more chilled. The holiday makers in Dahab are most likely to be divers, windsurfers or kitesurfers but not families which makes it quite calm.
We had found Dive Urge through Trip advisor as we had no recommendation for a dive centre. The guiding was great and once again, I mention the helpful staff at this stage, as it was such a joy to be take care of as we went to the various sites to explore the reefs.
Thought the accommodation was clean and comfortable it is not super deluxe. The facilities are more than adequate and overall it was excellent value.
I would not recommend Dahab for a family holiday but if it's diving you are after I would not hesitate to recommend Dive Urge. I will definitely be returning and I think I would be happy to go there even if I was not diving.

Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dahab is a young town, still evolving in fact and as with all young towns there is some construction going on here and there in parts of Dahab, but I think it is, as you said, ‘overcome by the charm of the place’ We are so pleased that you both enjoyed the atmosphere of Dive Urge and although it does suit couples and singles very well, it is also a big hit with families during the school holidays, so everyone is happy.
Harrogate
Reviewed April 30, 2012

As the 71 yr old ( Solo traveller and novice diver ) in Attakat review above- I totally agree (Thanks Kat-keep in contact ! ). Dahab is a magical place. Truly " You arrive as a guest- depart as a friend " - I now number 3/4 of the local people as valued friends and look forward to a re-union from my next time at Dive U. Dive Urge and all their peoople are.... pretty good as well. A special word for Kimberley- without your help it would have been so much harder to complete the E-learning. Ahmed has the patience of Job- while pushing you all the time to do your best, he has to be congratulated for my achieving the Open Diver status.
Tip 1 You get so very much more from your stay if you can do the E-learning before you arrive.
Tip 2 Allow Dahab stay time after you have your pass,make time to dive for fun/ recreation.
Tip 3 Eat as a local, my recommendations >"King Chicken & sea food at "Sea B/ The Mermaid"
Tip 4 Dive Urge hire out underwater cameras / You concentrate on your diving, while Ahmed tales the pictures. They may not be Blue Planet class but hey , you are right there alongside Ahmed.
I will try so hard to come back to Dive U to get my next/ Advance Open Water qualification.
mike j - Forever grateful.

Room Tip: See my reviews with my three main tips for others.
3 Thank Mike J
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
We are really glad you got through your PADI Open Water, a real achievement for anyone but in your 70’s, that’s something really amazing, huge well done from us all. Great tips for future guests too, especially the E-Learning which saves valuable holiday time. We pride ourselves in looking after you from the moment you inquire to when you leave and beyond. We now take photos of our diving guests underwater as standard at no extra charge.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Two visits in 6 months ,one for a Paadi course and one with my wife to soak up the sun and snorkel, have convinced me that Diveurge has that magic that many others strive for. Peaceful privacy when you want a quiet corner, personable service at all times, charming staff for your diving and catering needs, and that extra Bedouin flavour.Need one mention the glorious views of Red Sea and the beatiful backdrop of the Sinai? What a breeze , and what a break away from the stuffy hum-drum of urban life! The hour's drive from Sharm is worth it. I can't wait to get back next year!

Room Tip: Ask for advice and you'll get it!
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
We strive to provide a great holiday for divers and non-divers alike and I am really pleased you enjoyed your time here together. We think we are lucky to live in one of the most stunning locations in the world and glad you think so too.
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2012

If you want to simply chill-out,then this is THE PLACE!Right on the beach,with snorkelling and diving right on the spot! Soooooo relaxing,with wonderful ,attentive,staff always ready to help!
Accommodation is first-class.Lots of restaurants close-by.Thanks to everyone for a great week...thanx especially to Kimberley,who puts herself out to ensure that you are happy!

1 Thank chrisredman68
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Relaxing is what we work hard to achieve and glad that you reaped the benefits of a chilled out week. Kimberley is amazing and we are lucky to have her with us and all the Dive Urge crew too.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I visited Dive Urge for a week to do the PADI Open Water Diver course. I had no previous experience with scuba diving, but picking Dive Urge as my dive center was the best, lucky decision I could have possibly made! Everyone is uber-friendly: they go out of their way to remember your name, what you like for breakfast, etc. Ahmed, my scuba instructor was firm and endlessly patient with me, no question was too dumb. I felt like a million bucks when I passed my course and owe it all to his excellent guidance! It's also wonderful to stay right at the dive centre. The excellent location affords easy access to the rest of Dahab and it's so nice to be able to dive and eat and sleep all in the same place. They hit just the right chords: laid back but very clean and safe, environmentally aware, friendly while still allowing guests privacy and space. I met great people from 12-71 during my week here; they really to cater to everyone! I will definitely be coming back!

London
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I hadn't really planned on embarking on diving...but the weather was windy so that snorkelling wasn't possible (sea too choppy) so I gave it a go. I was a nervous complete novice and can only say that our instructor (there were just two of us learners) Ahmed was brilliant; patient, calm, and encouraging. We had a really inspiring dive at Eel Garden (which is literally on the door step of Dive Urge) and I could suddenly see what all the fuss is about - beautiful corals and amazing fish all around us. I ended up getting my Open Water certification and hope to have another opportunity to dive again soon. I would certainly recommend Dive Urge for beginner divers - but my partner and the other guests who were experienced divers loved it too. The garden is a lovely tranquil place to hang out, the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble - and Dahab is a really pretty little place to visit.

Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
We are so lucky to have Eel Garden Dive Site on our door step as it is one of the most spectacular dive sites in Dahab. We are so glad that you got through your P.A.D.I. Open Water Course, well done and look forward to seeing you back here for more ‘fun dives’ soon.