“Five Star Service”

The Bedouin Moon Hotel
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
“Five Star Service”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed at the Bedouin Moon on the recommendation of a friend. We are so glad we chose this hotel.

We enjoyed the friendly, laid back atmosphere of the hotel. The hotel is owned by a local Bedouin. You felt you were actually staying in Egypt not in a faceless multi-national hotel. We shall definitely return next year.

The service was outstanding. All the staff were professional, knowledgeable and extremely caring. I have never stayed at a hotel with such an atmosphere. There was a family feeling throughout the hotel and the staff did everything they could to make you enjoy your stay.
The hotel room was very clean. Linen was changed regularly. If you spoke to any member of staff they immediately tried their best to resolve any problems.The facilities, including the quiet pool area were well kept.Although expecting to eat out far more, we eat most days in the restaurant which had a varied menu. The food was excellent and very reasonable.

The hotel is positioned right on a beautiful bay, with mountains, which are illuminated at night, behind.The bay opposite the hotel is wonderful for snorkeling, swimming or diving.The hotel is about a 20 minute walk to Dahab, or a short £2 taxi ride. Dahab itself is a wonderful place to spend time with lots of interesting restaurants.

The hotel is suitable for couples and singles alike. Guests make friends easily, particularly those diving.

We dived with Reef 2000 which is based in the hotel. They work extremely well with the hotel. Diving with Reef 2000 was wonderful too. Highly recommended.

Dahab is a long way from the troubles in Egypt and seems a very safe place to travel to. There were occasional road blocks for security purposes, but these do not impact on your stay.

Tip - If you want to avoid a 12% charge on meals and drinks, pay in cash as you go. You can also avoid a 3% credit charge on you bill by paying your hotel and diving bill in cash.

Room Tip: Sea view or superior rooom.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband & I have just returned from a terrific 2 week stay at the Bedouin Moon Hotel & Diving Reef 2000. Although only rated a 2 star hotel the Bedouin Moon Hotel gave much greater service and satisfaction than this would suggest. The air-conditioned room was lovely with a balcony overlooking the Red Sea. The linen was changed several times and the towels were renewed daily. Staff were very friendly and made it their job to know you and what you liked.
Unfortunately I had an accident whilst out walking and I needed help from the staff. They were all superb. Gilly personally took me to the hospital and organised everything. Karim, the general manager, then turned up at the hospital to check on me and returned an hour later with food. He stayed with my husband & I all day until after the operation. Gilly returned the next morning, with more food from the chef who knew exactly what I liked. The hotel arranged for me to be picked up from the hospital. On returning to the Bedouin Moon it was like returning to a family. Everyone asked how I was doing and went out of their way to ensure my well-being and see if there was anything they could do to help me. With another week's holiday to go, what better place could there be for my convalescence!
Despite the trauma of the accident, we had a wonderful holiday and will definitely be returning next year.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I love this friendly little hotel and will no doubt head back there for another diving course with Reef 2000 at some point in the future. For anyone who is a bit wary of going away 'solo', (diver or non-diver), then this is the ideal place. Staff in both the hotel and the dive centre are extremely friendly and helpful, plus the front of house manager Gillian introduces guests to one another to break the ice. (An added bonus for me were the Bedouin Moon cats! I wish I could have taken the handsome little black fellow home.) The hotel was sadly very quiet when I last visited at the end of August due to unrest in Cairo and othe parts of the country. I sincerely hope that business has picked up since then.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view offers a gorgeous view over the Gulf of Aqaba to the coast of Saudi Arabia.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
South Yorkshire
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I travel to egypt probably 3 times a year, on my own to go diving. On arrival, I was greeted by the friendly front of house staff. My room was basic but clean and comfortable. Had a lovely view of the sea. Have to say, this has to be the most friendly and laid back hotel I have ever been to. It felt like I was part of something really special. The food was good value for money and fantastic. The hotel was full, due to a group of English teens on a diving holiday, so it was quite busy. But they were all really polite and well behaved. If u want to go here and want peace and quiet, don't book October half term, the school trip is a yearly occasion. But I can honestly say, it was fantastic to see all these kids doing their open water course, their enthusiasm was a pleasure to see. I would definitely recommend this hotel. You can see how committed the staff are to ensure that every guest is taken care of. My only gripe, the mozzies made a meal out of me, take repellant. Oh, and a hair dryer!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
england
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Love this hotel. Very authentic for the locale, relaxed, friendly and welcoming. All you could hope for. If you like to stay in places where you feel part of the community around you Dahab is the place and Bedouin Moon is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: The hotel will help with a change of room if you would prefer another one as long there is availabil...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Farnborough
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here and dived (with REEF 2000 on site) for the third time in October.
Once again we loved it! Bedouin Moon is simple, informal, welcoming and wonderful with friendly and professional staff who are always on hand for advice or just a chat. Returning again this year was like coming back to family friends.

The hotel and dive centre work seamlessly together making it an easy arrangement for anything, including settling your bill in one place at the end of your stay! Being just outside Dahab town, it is quiet, but a taxi can be arranged with no fuss or wait, from the hotel. The rooms are neat and clean, with comfy beds and mosquito nets and spray. From the rooms you either have a view over the sea or the amazing mountains behind which are illuminated beautifully at night. The food is lovely and tasty, ordered from either the pool bar or main restaurant – with Lucy and others making sure that all your needs are met and there is always a cold beer on hand for after the last dive of the day.

The dive centre is also excellent with dives being arranged in small groups to meet everyone's requirements. We were able to do early morning as well as night dives and the regular two dive days. Having visited before, we requested diving with Moh who, as always, was really helpful, offering to arrange dives to places that we knew we liked and had dived before. As a dive guide, he is amazing – calm, friendly, good humoured, patient and professional – wanting everyone to have the best dive they can and managing the day so that that happened for everyone.
Becky and Floh, at the office side of things, were also great once again with making the arrangements for our stay, accommodating our requests and, again being really welcoming and friendly during the whole of our visit. If you are a lone traveller – no worries – be assured that you will be looked after in a caring and interested way and they ensure that you are introduced to other divers ad travellers.

I know that some people have been put off visiting during the recent unsettled situation in Egypt, but we were confident that the staff at REEF 2000 would not have told us it was safe had this not been so. If you hadn't known that there were issues in places like Cairo you would be non the wiser after your trip – Dahab was safe, friendly and peaceful as always (although quieter due to the fewer numbers of visitors). We had no problems, no issues and no inkling of any bother anywhere whatsoever.

Would we recommend Bedouin Moon and REEF 2000? Absolutely - we are already looking forward to booking again for next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This wonderful unassuming hotel is just out of town with comfortable beds, rooms cleaned daily, air con, mosquito nets and a balcony for every room. Thank you to Gilly et al for my delicious apple and cinnamon for my 40th birthday (sorry I meant 21st!), Ahmed and Lucy for keeping the beer and wine supply going, and everyone in general for their kindness and hospitality. I shall be back again!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends