“A friendly and relaxed hotel”

The Bedouin Moon Hotel
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
London, United Kingdom
“A friendly and relaxed hotel”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for 2 weeks whilst we were diving with the excellent Reef 2000 Dive center which is also based at the hotel.

From the moment we arrived we felt right at home, as guests we really felt part of the family from the moment we arrived, and it shares the intimacy of a family hotel.
The building is aged but clean,and if like us you are not bothered by bells and whistles but prefer simplicity, cleanliness and a really relaxed atmosphere then you should visit this hotel.
I was particularly thrilled that during our time, we often had the lovely pool to ourselves (and there were no kids staying at the hotel at the time so it was really chilled and quiet).

As many divers stay here you can meet and share experiences. The lovely Gillian who is the housekeeper at the hotel would go out of her way to introduce guests to each other if they were passing at breakfast, which is really touching as there were many single travelers at the hotel and it really bonded us all together.

We loved our experience of staying here, it was a short £20(Egyptian) taxi ride into town and faced the sea and the shores of Saudi Arabia beyond.

Room Tip: Book a sea view room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amyflo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Our second stay at the Bedouin Moon was as perfect as the first, well even more perfect as we treated ourselves to one of the fantastic superior rooms. The BM is the perfect base from which to explore Dahab, it's a short taxi ride from the centre, or you can walk along the shoreline, whilst close it's far enough removed to be a peaceful oasis of calm. The gardens and pool are clean and well appointed, and as my partner is a non diver she was able to enjoy a few hours around the pool. A real benefit to us as a diver and non diver couple is the dive day is shorter than say boat diving in Sharm, even fitting three dives in. For those of you who like to fill your dive days fully don't worry, there are plenty of opportunities to add a night dive, or even a dawn dive for the fully committed. The dive centre is well run under the watchful eye of Floh, and one of the things I really like is there are local dive guides who have worked their way through the hotel and centre, ensuring you get real local knowledge of the dive sites and great conversations to boot. As for the hotel it's truly relaxed, clean and well appointed, the food is superb, I recommend the fish whole heartedly and it wouldn't be fair not to mention the excellent breakfast service either with omelettes and pancakes if you like to fuel up for your day. We love the hotel and we'll be back again, if you're wondering where to stay in Dahab, wonder no more. Thank you to everyone at the hotel and dive centre, you go the extra mile.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew C
Cranfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've just spent another brilliant week at the Bedouin Moon. I've been going since 2002, although just missed a couple of years, so it was good to see how it has remained as good as ever and yet has improvements too.

Very friendly, very relaxed and consistently good over a 11 year period.

They don't have kids activities (but this website won't let me show that below)

Room Tip: The superior sea view rooms are worth paying a bit more for, although I've always really enjoyed...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon B
Aberdeen
Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the older hotels in Dahab - with

- good rooms (with the essential aircon) - worth paying extra for the slightly newer "superior" rooms - but the standard ones are pretty good#
- public spaces well established, very clean and tidy - although the gradual expansion of the hotel is very obvious (e.g. steps and walkways don't join up very well creating some weird walks!!)
- good uncomplicated food - breakfasts excellent, all day bar / restaurant service
- extremely friendly and helpful staff
- its on the edge of Dahab - so is a 15 minute walk or taxi ride to the main restaurant / shops central area

Room Tip: Superior rooms are newer & larger with quieter air conditioning units and larger bathrooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was apprehensive on arrival having never dived before and travelling on my own, but this changed as soon as I got to the dive centre the next morning. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and puts you at ease immediately.

The reason I picked the Bedouin Moon /Reef 2000 (apart form a very good recommendation), is because I was looking for good service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with the opportunity to meet other like-minded people, which you don’t tend to get in higher end hotels. This is definitely the case here. I met some wonderful people and didn't once feel awkward travelling alone. I also felt very safe around the hotel and in the local area.

I thoroughly enjoyed the diving, I did my open water and advanced courses with Kamal, who is great fun and very patient. I also did my first ever yoga class with Amy, which was lovely.

I am planning to go back for a 2-week Diving & Yoga holiday in a few months.

I thoroughly recommend the Bedouin Moon Hotel and Reef 2000.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ruth M
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My 3rd stay here in 5yrs. Ever friendly staff from the front desk staff, bar staff & hotel drivers! The chef does an excellent job and serves up really good food! The hotel is a small. simple, uncomplicated, rustic, clean and ideally situated a short walk from Dahab town centre. Practically on the beach and backing onto a rising Sinai desert cliff the hotel is perfectly set for stunning sun rises and sunsets. The swimming pool area is great for sun lizards and the bar always has ice cold beer! The rooms are simple, air conditioned, fresh towels provided everyday if required and clean (& cleaned everyday). I always ask for a sea view room with a small balcony that looks over the Red Sea over to Saudi Arabia which I think at sunset time is stunning.

Reef2000 attached to the hotel is an excellent dive centre. I'm a qualified master scuba diver and been lucky enough to have dived all over the world with many dive centres and Reef2000 is one of the best centre I've ever dived with. All the staff at Reef2000 are friendly, safety conscious without letting the fun stuff slip! A special mention to Kamal my dive guide for the week, he is an excellent guide, thorough, safe, clear dive plan briefings, excellent knowledge of all things Red Sea and great sense of humour! I wholeheartedly recommend the camel safari which takes you to a couple of remote dive sites which, again, I must recommend Kamal as your dive guide for this trip! His 'camelmanship' is second to none! An excellent day of fun! A special mention for the 'Essex Mermaid' AKA Lisa a Dive Master at Reef2000 who along with the lovely Becky run the front desk so efficiently organising our trips and days out diving!

The hotel staff are all very keen to ensure your stay is enjoyable and will do everything possible to make sure you enjoy your stay. I very kindly got a birthday cake from all the staff at the hotel which was absolutely delicious!

The friendliness, simplicity, service and location of the Bedouin Moon make this one of my real favourite places to stay and yes, I will be going back! If you want 5* All Inclusive stay in Sharm El Sheik however, if your after a 'rustic 'BoHo" relaxed' hotel this is it! Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank healymonster69
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first visit to Egypt and Dahab and to the Beduoin Moon. Meet some great people and am planning to come back next year.

It's great to find a hotel that's not overly expensive, basic, functional but has real charm about its self.

The diving was second to know and Reef 2000 were excellent. I felt very safe diving with them. I even ended up doing my Advanced Padi Openwater which wasn't planned. See you guys next year and thank you :)

• Stayed June 2013