“Return has already been planned”

The Bedouin Moon Hotel
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
London, UK
“Return has already been planned”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a seemingly inauspicious start for our 1-week stay at Bedouin Moon Hotel. We arrived at night and when we got to the hotel, we found the whole place in complete darkness with the staffs all sitting around on the terrace in front of the hotel. We were quickly settled down into one of the chairs and told that Dahab experienced torrential rain and flood only 3 days prior to our arrival, and subsequently, the cables etc. had all undergone a great deal of disturbance. The people were extremely friendly and reassuring with a great sense of humour, and at last, the lights came back on, and we saw the magnificent view of the hotel that seemed to be carved out of the mountain!

The room was basic and very, very clean with a mosquito net, fully functioning AC system- one might say it was too efficient! We were there for a one-week yoga retreat and on day two, we knew that we found something rather special in Dahab and at Bedouin Moon Hotel, with its wonderful, personable staff and service. Lucy, who works the restaurant for the breakfast and lunch was as chilled and laidback as all of them. Their relaxed and reassuring attitude did not affect their wonderful patience and efficiency when it came to service. She had to put up with my daily morning croaking of "coffeeeeee please Luce..." and she did so with fun and wit. The yoga on offer was magnificent thanks to wonderful teachers like Monica, Barbara and Julie. And now onto diving...

I have never dived before but have always loved the water, loved the ocean and never minded being in or around the sea. Our instructor Manduo (and I apologie for misspelling his name in advance) was chilled out, great fun, patient and a wonderful, effective instructor. My first dive was frustrating through no fault of anyone else's but my own, but the second and third dive at the wonderful location of the 3 Pools were magnificent experiences that will be repeated over and over again.

The only downside of the whole trip for both my boyfriend and I, was that we had to leave. It was something that we avoided thinking about, it was a matter of "oh we have 2 days left; we have still one more day! Never mind, we had a few more hours yet..." As a keen and amazing rock climber, horse rider and a qualified diver, he seemed to have found his paradise and I mine.

Over all, the experience has been most wonderful and I have already planned and booked my return trip in June 2013, so see you very, very soon the lovely people at Bedouin Moon Hotel and the lovely instructors!

Room Tip: We had room 24, which seems to be a middle way point between a mountain view room and a sea view roo...
1 Thank LongDaysJourneyInto

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just returned from the Bedouin moon hotel can not praise the staff enough, so friendly and welcoming. This was my first experience of Egypt but my partner had been several times before and this was his second time at Bedouin moon. As a keen diver he was eager for me to learn, I was however very apprehensive about this having never tried it before. But 2 weeks later I am now a padi advance open water diver and can not wait to get back into the water. My instructor kamal was fantastic very professional but very relaxed and chilled out too.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Ellaandderek
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

As a couple new to diving we spent a week here and did our open water and advanced course.Adam as our awesome instructor made everything flow smoothly. We felt very welcome and safe at Reef 2000 and Bedouin Moon Hotel and only wish we could have stayed longer.We loved the opportunity to dive at such an amazing and unique part of the world and highly recommend reef 2000 to anyone looking to dive,snorkel or just enjoy dahab!
Plus you may be lucky enough to see a whale shark as we did!
Thank you again to all the staff and especially Adam for an amazing experience!

1 Thank Jasmine P
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights earlier this month and highly recommend this hotel. After two weeks slogging our way through Egypt, coming to Dahab and this peaceful little hotel was like a breath of fresh air. Rooms were lovely and staff were helpful and friendly. It's located a little out of town, but for us it was perfect as peace and quiet was just what we wanted.

The food served and Bedouin Moon was fantastic. Not the cheapest food (but not too expensive), but I think the best food we ate during our time in Egypt. Always fresh, simple and of a high standard.

I would definitely come here again.

2 Thank Rmac1312
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed recently for three nights. Nice room and very cool location it feels like the hotel is almost carved in to the rocks. We found there was a lot of staff around however communication with guests was poor at times and food/transfers pricey. I think if you are a diver you will love it as a lot of focus is on the attached dive centre. If you arent in Dahab for diving then it will probably be easier and cheaper to stay closer to town.

• Stayed November 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just got back from a great week at the Bedouin Moon Hotel where I did a combined yoga/diving course. Miraculously I am now both a qualified diver and way more bendy than when I arrived (thanks Monica).
As a lone female of 50 something I felt very welcome and never lonely. This is a great hotel for everyone whether travelling alone, as a couple or with a family. The staff are professional and caring and can't do enough to make sure everyone has a great experience, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the dive school next door is perfect. Special thanks to my very patient instructor, Mamdott.
Met some very special people and learnt two new skills so a perfect holiday I think.

Dorothy from UK

Room Tip: I had both a mountain and sea view room (not at the same time), both have their charms and both were...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for a week at the Bedouin Moon Hotel, where we also organized dives packages for the both of us (of myself, open water and advanced open water PADI dive course, and for my boyfriend a 5 day 10 dive package). Our stay was absolutely wonderful. We had a great time with a beautiful room overlooking the red sea. The value was great for the money. Great breakfast with fresh eggs and pancakes. Wifi works better in the restaurant area. Pool was a good place to chill in the sun when taking a break from the diving. Water in the room is salty, like many places, and the pressure was low, but this didn't really disturb us at all…after brushing I gargled with bottled water (which you can also get all the time downstairs from the Resturant). We often walked into town for dinner…this took about 10-15 minutes, or took a taxi to the beach strip restaurants which costs about 15 Egyptian Pounds each way. If going to the Sinai to do diving, I would definitely skip Sharm and head up to Dahab (unless you like visiting a little Russia of package holiday goers…as was our experience in Sharm), and The Bedouin Moon Hotel will definitely take care to make sure you have a great time. Would definitely book this hotel again the next time I'm in the area.