“Great dive centre”
Review of Reef 2000

Reef 2000
More attraction details
Owner description: The Reef 2000 Dive Club is attached to the Bedouin Moon Hotel and offers the kind of relaxed, safe and high quality diving that is all too rare.As a CDWS certified PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Resort, our emphasis is on high-quality training courses ranging from PADI Scuba Diver / PADI Open Water till PADI Divemaster. And as an IANTD Technical Instructor Training Facility we offer technical diver courses till the IANTD full Trimix Diver and IANTD Instructor courses till Technical & Normoxic Trimix Instructor.Though safety is paramount and the principles of conservation are strictly adhered to, the main emphasis is on giving you the best underwater experience of your life. Even above the water, our staff take great pleasure in making you feel welcome.We run recreational and technical guided dives, jeep and camel safaris, boat-diving excursions (every Wednesday to Gabr El Bint), yoga diving courses, re-breather support, Nitrox and Trimix, Photography and Video services are also available.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We've used Reef 2000 several times when visiting Dahab and always found the service to be very high quality. The technical manager, Floh, truly embodies the ethos of anticipating and providing everything that the customer needs. We've do several Tek dives using Reef 2000 as our base and can't fault anything - from gas and equipment preparation, to drivers, to post dive care. All in all, superb.

All reviews
"sharm"
"bells"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2012

3rd time at Reef2000 - this time the main focus was to do an IANTD technical diving course with Floh. Still I managed two days of great diving (Blue Hole, and the great boat trip to Gabrelbint). The IANTD course was intense and quite tough, but I can't fault the instructor's skills and setup - done by the book and yes I passed, but it wasn't a pushover. As are all courses we have done over the years at Reef2000. Quality.
Well done, and see you soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Next month will be my fifth time diving with Reef 2000 in the last two years - so this review is long overdue! These guys are fantastic. Extremely knowledgeable guides and instructors who go to great lengths to make sure those who dive with them have a great experience. Behind the scenes is very well organised also, and the equipment well maintained. I did most of my dives with Mo who is brilliant. Great fun, very professional, and fantastic at pointing out things I would not otherwise have realised were there. The thing I like the most about Reef 2000, aside from the people that work there, is the way they treat you as an individual. Group sizes are small, made up of divers with similar levels of experience and preferences taken into account when choosing the dive sites for the day. I’ve been diving with a number of Red Sea diving centres and this was the first time I felt like more than ‘one of a number’. Having been diving all around the world, Reef 2000 certainly stand out to me as one of the best. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I arranged a one week PADI open water diving course for my son.at Dahab. He thoroughly enjoyed the whole experiience -the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was good and the diving excellent. The instructors were very knowledgeable and great tutors. He even did the advanced PADI during the week. The evenings were spent socialising with the instuctors who were extremely sociable yet professional at all times.
Overall the whole package was excellent and unquestionably we will use them again.
Thoroughly deserves a 5 star rating.

As a post-script -I cannot imagine where that 1 star review came from -it looks pure fantasy or malicious intent !

1  Thank David J
See more reviews
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Went here last summer, but after experiencing other dive centres in Dahab, I really must right a review of this dive centre! I have tried several dive centres in Dahab, but thought I would give this one a go on a return visit. Big mistake! Firstly, they would not take me to any of the sites that I requested to go, even though the group sizes were small. Secondly, my last dive was a (more expensive) night dive and the guide was awful. It was a house reef dive, and he made us descend within approx 1m deep water, that we could have easily walked. Then he got us lost going in the wrong direction! Wasted most of my air just getting to a very easily accessible reef! Lastly, despite agreeing an initial package price with one of the salepersons, when I came to pay, the owner laughed at me and said there is no way he would have agreed that much and demanded I pay his price. All in all, awful. Would definitely reccomend Shams or Big Blue instead.

3  Thank Jenni R