“Reef 2000 PADI diving course”
Review of Reef 2000

Reef 2000
Ranked #18 of 81 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: The Reef 2000 Dive Club is attached to the Bedouin Moon Hotel and offers the kind of relaxed, safe and high quality diving that is all too rare.As a CDWS certified PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Resort, our emphasis is on high-quality training courses ranging from PADI Scuba Diver / PADI Open Water till PADI Divemaster. And as an IANTD Technical Instructor Training Facility we offer technical diver courses till the IANTD full Trimix Diver and IANTD Instructor courses till Technical & Normoxic Trimix Instructor.Though safety is paramount and the principles of conservation are strictly adhered to, the main emphasis is on giving you the best underwater experience of your life. Even above the water, our staff take great pleasure in making you feel welcome.We run recreational and technical guided dives, jeep and camel safaris, boat-diving excursions (every Wednesday to Gabr El Bint), yoga diving courses, re-breather support, Nitrox and Trimix, Photography and Video services are also available.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reef 2000 PADI diving course”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I arranged a one week PADI open water diving course for my son.at Dahab. He thoroughly enjoyed the whole experiience -the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was good and the diving excellent. The instructors were very knowledgeable and great tutors. He even did the advanced PADI during the week. The evenings were spent socialising with the instuctors who were extremely sociable yet professional at all times.
Overall the whole package was excellent and unquestionably we will use them again.
Thoroughly deserves a 5 star rating.

As a post-script -I cannot imagine where that 1 star review came from -it looks pure fantasy or malicious intent !

1 Thank David J

Falmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Terrible dive centre.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Went here last summer, but after experiencing other dive centres in Dahab, I really must right a review of this dive centre! I have tried several dive centres in Dahab, but thought I would give this one a go on a return visit. Big mistake! Firstly, they would not take me to any of the sites that I requested to go, even though the group sizes were small. Secondly, my last dive was a (more expensive) night dive and the guide was awful. It was a house reef dive, and he made us descend within approx 1m deep water, that we could have easily walked. Then he got us lost going in the wrong direction! Wasted most of my air just getting to a very easily accessible reef! Lastly, despite agreeing an initial package price with one of the salepersons, when I came to pay, the owner laughed at me and said there is no way he would have agreed that much and demanded I pay his price. All in all, awful. Would definitely reccomend Shams or Big Blue instead.

3 Thank Jenni R
Whittington, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, professional and very competent dive centre”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was my first visit to Dahab, having previously opted for liveaboards out of Sharm / Hurgharda / Marsa Alam, for diving in the red sea and I was both surprised and impressed by the quality of both the diving and the dive guiding provided by Noeleen and Dan (of NanD Adventures / Reef 2000).

The dive sites were a good mix of coral gardens, walls, canyons etc. and were chosen to meet the experience and preferences of the guest diving, and more than match other sites I've dived either in the red sea, or elsewhere in the world.

I half expected to be tagging along with trainees, watching them do skills practice, but instead I was diving with experienced divers on beautiful sites, with experienced and knowledgeable guides who were great at pointing out marine life I would normally miss. Dive groups were deliberately kept small (less than 10) to avoid having large numbers of divers in the water, and on more than one dive there were more staff rated Dive Master or above than there were guests!

A brilliant weeks diving, a great holiday, and fantastic Dive Centre. I will be using them again ,and Definitely recommend them to others.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Summer of a lifetime!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

After my 3rd repeat visit to Dahab, diving with Reef 2000, this is a long-overdue review! After a few shorter trips, I decided to spend a month diving in Dahab this summer and it was indeed the trip of a lifetime! Noeleen and Dan (NanD Adventures) offer the most organised, professional and fun experience available, which is complemented by the warm, helpful and friendly service at Reef 2000. Becky and Jaz are very accommodating and it is a pleasure to arrive every morning to smiling faces, a hot cup of coffee and a well-planned day's diving. This dive centre has brilliant facilities and instructors/guides that are knowledgeable and really care about the local environment and will do everything they can to ensure that you have a great experience. The weekly boat trip to Gabr El Bint is a must for anyone who dives with Reef 2000; the day promises great diving and the crew are always gracious and welcoming.
I completed the Nitrox and Deep Spec courses with Noeleen Graham; her confidence-inspiring instruction makes it feel like just another day's fun-diving and I had a fantastic time (especially at 40m in Mashraba!). Dan Goodman guided some of the most enjoyable dives I've ever done, including an epic night dive in the Canyon, one of the best dive sites and a firm favourite of mine. Diving with Noels and Dan is always exciting and, although I'm constantly clearing my mask from all the underwater giggling, they make every dive feel like a new experience, even though I've dived many of the sites several times now. The day invariably ends with a 'deco-beer' on the terrace, making it a full day of fun!
All in all, it really was the summer of a lifetime and I can't wait until my next trip!

1 Thank Taryn O
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Dahab's finest!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was our second visit to Dahab and this time we took the kids! The two older boys did their Open water courses with the awesome Noeleen Graham, instructor extrordinaire, while we went diving with the equally awesome Dan Goodman, the other half of NanDadventures. Reef2000 at the Bedoiun Moon is very well run, friendly, well equipped, brilliantly located and with staff who can not do enough to make your experience the best it can be. Once the boys had qualified we could all dive together at fantastic dive sites with brilliant instructors who once again made our diving experience safe, fun and unforgettable. Definately recommended!