“Great value for money, friendly and efficient service and great windsurfing!”
Review of Swiss Inn Resort

Swiss Inn Resort
Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was the second time visiting the Swiss Inn at Dahab. Dahab is now our favourite windsurfing destination, nothing beats the "speedy".
We found the Swiss Inn much improved since last time. The food was similar (solid quality for the price), but the service was much friendlier than before. One had the genuine impression that the staff was in a better mood, and had a good time. I heard lots of laughters amongst themselves, and communication between us and them was very nice. Maybe it is because we now live in Dubai and get the local culture better, or maybe it is because we asked them to teach us one Arabic word every day. In any case, this was much better than last time.
We had a broken TV one night (we had a game to watch!), and within 3 minutes staff turned up and fitted a new one within a few moments, and all with a smile. Great service and attitude! (room 432 between the 16-22 June 2012)
Rooms were very clean as ever, and the resort is very quiet at night, which is what you need if you want to get up early for the strong morning breezes.
I also really liked the gardensm, they are very well kept, and look beautiful. Luscious green, lovely flowers everywhere. It makes for a stunning contrast with the mountains in the background.
We will be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed in this hotel as a package tour from Switzerland. The hotel has been the best one so far, of three trips I've made to Sinai Peninsula.

This hotel is attached to a diving club, Sinai something, and it seems like a very environmentally conscious, holistic, hippy, people oriented dive club. My friend forgot to bring her C-card. She had to do test diving, and it was all fine. She also went for a free clean the reef diving while I was busy taking classes.

We had half-board, which means breakfast and dinner included. The meal was prepared very nicely and there were so many selections to choose from.

I had a thai massage on the last day by a thai lady, who seems to be traveling all over the world. Getting massage from her and hearing about her journey was soothing.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank snowsuisse
Reviewed May 19, 2012

After the mayhem of the airport and a long coach trip to Dahab this hotel was worth the hassle! The staff were all friendly and helpful - we couldn't have asked for more! Our room was massive and perfectly clean. The gardens were beautiful and a one minute walk took us to the long clean beach. The swimming pool was never crowded and sunbeds were always available. The food was lovely - I did get a dodgy stomach which I attributed to having salad but lesson learnt! My husband managed to pick up an ear infection from all the sea water and the on call doctor was fantastic! I would return in a heart beat....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank ElsieC27
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Excellent staff, building, garden, beach and surf-possibilities. Wind almost each day. BUT we all got stomach-problems of the all-inclusive-food. Maybe because of the warm conditions and/or the birds that ate of the same dishes as us? And as a "all-inclusive" you feel a little second-class because you are a little "divided". Ok. room, but with a very noisy air-condition that had to be adjusted several times during the night, to keep cool.

Room Tip: Don`t know if se view is worth the price. Nice view from most of the rooms, and close to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KeithFredrikstad
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed at the Coralia Hotel which was amazing next to the Hilton Hotel (one of the best in the area). However if you want pure luxury I would recommend this hotel which look a little better than the Hilton Hotel situated next door. We wondered through the hotel as we needed the cash machine, security is tight but they understood that our hotel and the Hilton had run out of money. Staff seem very friendly. There were mainly couples - we did not see any children. Looks immaculate and very modern.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bummblebee34
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I go there with my family whenever I can, and every year I find the same magic atmosphere of the year before. You exit the room and you're immediately on the beach, or you can reach the small beautiful village of Dahab by taxi in a few minutes.
You can enjoy windsurfing, or swimming, or you can relax yourself on a sunbed all day long. Every time I come back for months I miss Swiss-Inn breakfasts and dinners outdoor. Rooms large and very clean, and all the staff is very kind and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Very comfortable, very pretty, good location next to beach. Staff efficient and pleasant. Its a little way out from the Centre which is a 7 min taxi or hotel bus ride - 15 Egyptian pounds or £1.50 if you haggle well.
Only issues was it was very quiet at night time not much to do but that maybe what you like. Not many English speaking guests as It is popular with Swiss when we were there. But I would say its the best of the hotels in this part of Dahab, some of the others look like they are need of refurb.

Room Tip: You don't need to pay for more expensive rooms as all are in good location
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple